Jump to content
nepeta100

TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, nepeta100 said:

guys he isn't even at the grass gym yet do we really need to talk about his chances against shelly XD. I honestly would like it if there was minimal  comments about how hes going to lose here or how hes going to lose there we don't know what his team will be like/how much preparation he will have

Someone understood what i was getting at. All this talk about how Shelly will wipe him is really boring. We don't even know if he'll make it through the next episode. Sure, the second gym may be easy mode with Combusken, but you never know where you run into one of dem unfortunate crits that kills off your best Mon.

 

Also people are giving him so many hints and warnings in his comments that he may be able to prepare at least somewhat for the more difficult battles. Just like Pulse Tangrowth, where he admitted that he would likely have lost a few Mons if people didn't warn him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nepeta100 said:

guys he isn't even at the grass gym yet do we really need to talk about his chances against shelly XD. I honestly would like it if there was minimal  comments about how hes going to lose here or how hes going to lose there we don't know what his team will be like/how much preparation he will have

I have to agree here. I mean it's like your rooting for him to fail and that's not really helping anyone. The game provides enough info to be able to beat it on a first try but most of us learned through trial and error over that...or there was no guide for fun times if your that old. All you guys are talking about is wiping on Shelly. She's not the most impossible thing ever. Personally, I'm rooting for T-tar to try his best and enjoy the journey which has been really fun. It reminds me a bit of early days Shofu which was a blast.

 

Hell, I actually hope he destroys Shelly just to spite all of you saying he will wipe. I've never seen someone so excited about Pulse Tangrowth so he's grown on me after being skeptical knowing the two runs I followed...ending...on bad notes let's put it.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 “Y’all drew fanart of Kiki, Jaques and Tiki as the big three - thank you! Leave Belly out!”
Absolutely not
 

tumblr_pwfspvr51x1uxtnueo1_1280.pnj

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Commander said:

I have to agree here. I mean it's like your rooting for him to fail and that's not really helping anyone. The game provides enough info to be able to beat it on a first try but most of us learned through trial and error over that...or there was no guide for fun times if your that old. All you guys are talking about is wiping on Shelly. She's not the most impossible thing ever. Personally, I'm rooting for T-tar to try his best and enjoy the journey which has been really fun. It reminds me a bit of early days Shofu which was a blast.

 

Hell, I actually hope he destroys Shelly just to spite all of you saying he will wipe. I've never seen someone so excited about Pulse Tangrowth so he's grown on me after being skeptical knowing the two runs I followed...ending...on bad notes let's put it.

You know, you're right, I was being kind of a jerk about it. I was actually super impressed that he didn't lose anyone to Julia. It's entirely possible that the support of his yt commenters and Twitter fans might actually be enough to pull him through.

 

I really do want to see his reaction to Reborn's "good bits". The deaths, the gangs, the Pulses, how beautifully effed up every gym leader is... early shofu was before my time, but I feel like this is the best press we've gotten in a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally want to see him struggle early game, because to lose all your best mons in an early nuzlocke means he still has the time to pivot to just a normal playthrough, whereas to switch to a normal run like 40 hours in would look bad / he might just stop playing it altogether at that point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

While it is true that many people had underestimated Shelly on their first try, i think she is not as difficult as you make it sound. All you really need burst through her entire team are

1.) Meowstic with the moves Fake Out and Charge Beam

2.) Ampharos with Thunder Punch and Power Gem to replace Meowstic once it gets KO'd

3.) Any halfway decent fire type Pokémon that takes the second slot for this double battle.

 

And that is just one simple method of dealing with her. Of course you could try other tactics, but this one always works without much preparation.

Also Lycanroc from the mystery egg can just use rock slide 4 times and win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeoYT said:

Also Lycanroc from the mystery egg can just use rock slide 4 times and win

Intimidate Masqurain + aqua jet telluric seed anorith though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LeoYT said:

Also Lycanroc from the mystery egg can just use rock slide 4 times and win

Yeah, that might work, but you would need luck to get that specific Mon from the egg. I prefer strategies that work without relying on luck to get the right Mons.

2 hours ago, nhehvnukl said:

Intimidate Masqurain + aqua jet telluric seed anorith though.

Charge Beam on Meowstic or Ampharos for Masqerain, Power Gem on Ampharos for Anorith^^ Or go for Primeape and Close Combat that Anorith^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Yeah, that might work, but you would need luck to get that specific Mon from the egg. I prefer strategies that work without relying on luck to get the right Mons.

Charge Beam on Meowstic or Ampharos for Masqerain, Power Gem on Ampharos for Anorith^^ Or go for Primeape and Close Combat that Anorith^^

That would work but that would require more then " using rock slide 4 times and win", yknow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, nhehvnukl said:

That would work but that would require more then " using rock slide 4 times and win", yknow?

True, but it's a safe method that works every time. Like i said, it is highly dependant on luck to get Rockruff from the mystery egg.

 

There is nothing wrong in using whatever you have at hand though. If i happen to get just the Mons i want from the various eggs, or even the static encounters in the earlier parts of the game, i would use those as well. Nothing wrong with that.

My point is that you should always have a strategy you can use if you don't have the Mons that would turn a certain battle into a brain afk one hit KO fiesta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

True, but it's a safe method that works every time. Like i said, it is highly dependant on luck to get Rockruff from the mystery egg.

 

There is nothing wrong in using whatever you have at hand though. If i happen to get just the Mons i want from the various eggs, or even the static encounters in the earlier parts of the game, i would use those as well. Nothing wrong with that.

My point is that you should always have a strategy you can use if you don't have the Mons that would turn a certain battle into a brain afk one hit KO fiesta.

"True, but it's a safe method that works every time." For clarity, you mean your method right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I want a Larvitar!"

-Laughs with 16 badges

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol it seems Ttar Reborn bingo's "Ttar won't get Super Potions from the guy after beating Fern" is gonna get filled. I hope he buys potions before Rini tho. Seeing him use Ultra Potion for the Fern battle made my heart ache.

And I really hope he uses common candy. Like really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I currently don't have time to watch the whole thing; did he REALLY just walk past the department store? 

 

Well if he did, let him know about it and also my sticker guide.  I just updated it to be more spoiler-safe for new players like him.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SilverAngelus said:

You're that person he was talking about? 😮 

🕵️‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ngl I was shook ;A; I honestly didn't expect that tagging him would even ensure he sees the post to begin with, given how popular he seems to be
feelsniceman 'specially since i almost never draw any more these days

also just saying but I'd absolutely not put it past Fern to have a throne :^)

I can only repeat how much fun I'm having with his playthrough. It's just so refreshing to see someone actually invest thought into the characters and setting with this much enthusiasm; I know lots of people do that, but it's not something I've seen a lot with youtubers tbh. And even if some of his theories and interpretations come off as really funny when you already know the game, I just love listening to him trying to put the hints together.

...Which also makes me sincerely hope that people will be able to keep their spoilers to themselves and not give away all the cool or shocking stuff to him (lookin' at you here, Garchomp battle).
I was so ready to fight people when he started the vid saying he's been given clarification on ZEL, deadass thought someone went and spoiled the backstory to him zzzz

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZEL said:

ngl I was shook ;A; I honestly didn't expect that tagging him would even ensure he sees the post to begin with, given how popular he seems to be
feelsniceman 'specially since i almost never draw any more these days

also just saying but I'd absolutely not put it past Fern to have a throne :^)

I can only repeat how much fun I'm having with his playthrough. It's just so refreshing to see someone actually invest thought into the characters and setting with this much enthusiasm; I know lots of people do that, but it's not something I've seen a lot with youtubers tbh. And even if some of his theories and interpretations come off as really funny when you already know the game, I just love listening to him trying to put the hints together.

...Which also makes me sincerely hope that people will be able to keep their spoilers to themselves and not give away all the cool or shocking stuff to him (lookin' at you here, Garchomp battle).
I was so ready to fight people when he started the vid saying he's been given clarification on ZEL, deadass thought someone went and spoiled the backstory to him zzzz

Seems like he's pretty active at checking twitter, so it's a good way to get him to see things. but the fanart channel in the discord is also good.
and DW, I got your back with keeping things spoiler free, as long as the YT comments aren't too overt (which is possible).

This is what he got (first bit clarifying the sprite):
image.png.9f13cae1655d2a4b4b66ab0fec511645.png
Just based on what he's already seen at the park

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, nhehvnukl said:

"True, but it's a safe method that works every time." For clarity, you mean your method right? 

Of course i'm talking about my method^^

 

Now about EP 7....

Seven episodes in and he still hasn't discovered the most overpowered item in the game: Common Candy! And here i thought people are flooding his comment section to frickin USE those things.

Aaaaand of course he almost got done in by Fern^^ This is what you get for not taking it serious if ppl tell you to train your Wonga (this sounds so wrong btw)

"This guy is made after Seto Kaiba!" ... Screw the rules, i have money!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"you're a second rate duelist with a third rate ass"

little brother incredible as always

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, andracass said:

"you're a second rate duelist with a third rate ass"

little brother incredible as always

I think Cain would argue that the player has a first-rate ass

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hahaha....

Sometimes i ask myself whether Fern really thinks he is that big of a deal, or if he's just begging to be murdered XD

In my opinion Fern is the weakest among all recurring characters in Reborn. Also he bullied Shelly! He's just asking for punishment!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...