TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

57 minutes ago, LeoYT said:

There is a difference between something being difficult and something being tedious and mandatory

The Route 2 puzzle needs to be done in order to advance the plot despite having nothing to do with it and a single mistake forces you to reset in some cases multiple levels, while Route 1 is 100% optional

Okay, i agree on that one. There is not much i can say against that XD

Amaria is okay since we get rewarded with extra backstory 

And backstory is always nice, especially games like Reborn that have an actual story. Do the official Pokémon games have a story? If so i missed it XD

Radomus puzzle is only difficult if you really have no idea how chess works and because of the way bishops don't always go the way you want them

Yeah, the bishops....i think we all know that these things have a mind of their own sometimes

Shelly puzzle is difficult if you dont talk to the gym trainers

TTar could tell you stories about that 🤣

I can understand if people found the Magic Square puzzle hard, even after my video of thoroughly explaining an easy method to use to solve it, all Ame had to do was change the position of the numbers and everyone in the comments lost their shit again.

Of course they lost their shit. Even though you explained how to solve it, people would have to use their brains to find the new solution by themselves....And you know....using your brain is exhausting, consumes tons of time, and (for some people at least) hurts like hell....

Edited by ShogokiX

Ttar was right there at the Police Department above the officer who wanted a Growlithe egg. He didn't speak to the one officer he should have. Even if he doesn't include the Mystery Egg Pokemon, I still want to know who his mystery egg Pokemon is. 

Also, imagine if someone sends Ttar a version of Reborn where Taka's father's name is Samuel Olaris. He'd love that xD

• Global Mods
7 hours ago, Storystosee said:

@DreamblitzX seems like he's giving you a proper shout out this episode! Thanks a lot btw for keeping track of things for him and making sure he gets that juicy extra info when necessary

After such a long period of silence, it was very validating to see him using it again 😃

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LeoYT said:

There is a difference between something being difficult and something being tedious and mandatory

The Route 2 puzzle needs to be done in order to advance the plot despite having nothing to do with it and a single mistake forces you to reset in some cases multiple levels, while Route 1 is 100% optional

Amaria is okay since we get rewarded with extra backstory 

Radomus puzzle is only difficult if you really have no idea how chess works and because of the way bishops don't always go the way you want them

Shelly puzzle is difficult if you dont talk to the gym trainers

I can understand if people found the Magic Square puzzle hard, even after my video of thoroughly explaining an easy method to use to solve it, all Ame had to do was change the position of the numbers and everyone in the comments lost their shit again.

I do find it humorous how people chimp out about the whole Radomus puzzle. I mean on one hand Reborn isn't the best way to learn how but it takes 10 minutes to learn how the pieces move. It's actually pretty fun and was required when I was in school to learn. You don't need to be really good to enjoy it either. Point is that puzzles are a game of testing the mind which not a lot of people who play mons have the patience for. In fact, that's where a majority of the complaints to the game stem from. T-tar seems rather patient so I think he'll enjoy it. 

Was that battle for real?
Was that a strategy he used right there?! O_O

Frick, the length of time it took for Slowking to use Trick Room, I'm telling you The Peeko rigs these games for him!

As for the puzzle, I had to use a YT video for this one. I've never played chess in my life, I don't know a thing about it. 

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

8 hours ago, Verge Of Chaos said:

Was that battle for real?
Was that a strategy he used right there?! O_O

Frick, the length of time it took for Slowking to use Trick Room, I'm telling you The Peeko rigs these games for him!

As for the puzzle, I had to use a YT video for this one. I've never played chess in my life, I don't know a thing about it. 

it wasn't just slowking there were also sand attack misses crits and of course that turn one sing on renuiclus

“I feel like he’s Anna and Noel’s Birth Father” 

!!!!????

Hahaha, TTar struggled on the chess puzzle, but he did manage to solve it (after a few hours of trial and error)

I personally don't get why that puzzle is supposed to be difficult. It is just as Commander said:

7 hours ago, Commander said:

Point is that puzzles are a game of testing the mind which not a lot of people who play mons have the patience for. In fact, that's where a majority of the complaints to the game stem from.

Although i guess it is not a matter of patience, but rather a matter of sloth XD I often get that feeling that a lot of people don't want to use their brains in the first place. And why should they? With the convenience of guides and walkthroughs available only a few days after a game releases, why bother trying to figure out what to do by yourself?

13 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Although i guess it is not a matter of patience, but rather a matter of sloth XD I often get that feeling that a lot of people don't want to use their brains in the first place. And why should they? With the convenience of guides and walkthroughs available only a few days after a game releases, why bother trying to figure out what to do by yourself?

Not to mention folks just want to get on with the game/plot, not spend hours "beating around the bush" so to speak with a puzzle. 
Admittedly, I'm speaking here as someone who does make an honest attempt at them but frustrates easily. 

The Vanhanen Castle one is the one exception, not to just for me but to the entire perception that using a guide is lazy since for one without any knowledge/understanding of chess, the option to figure it out oneself does not exist. 
I even attempted to get an explanation from Elias but still didn't understand. 
Ttar was able to do it regardless of how long it took him because he seemed to have at least a basic understanding of chess. 

Now taking bets on how long it takes him to figure out that he needs to talk to Archer to access 7th Street and then what to do to on 7th Street to trigger the event not counting leisure exploration (I actually had to Google the latter myself). 😏

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

To see TTar win Radomus in one try makes me seethe. I love the playthrough, but this was one of my hardest gym battles. He gets off a Sing and Slowking threw that battle and it's all over. It's not supposed to be like that! 😓

Yeah, we can't deny that TTar has the luck of the devil on some battles, since the opponents didn't use the moves they are famous for using to wreck many first time players. But i'll be honest, if he didn't abandon the nuzlocke rules he wouldn't have made it this far with the way he's playing this game. On the other hand we get to see him play the entire story of the game, since he doesn't have to end it after he loses a battle.

I wonder if we can get him to play Rejuvenation next, after he finishes Reborn (as far as EP18 goes that is). And of course we need him to go back to Reborn once EP19 is released, and back to Rejuvenation once there are new releases of that one as well XD.

But for now he should focus on Reborn before we pester him about Rejuvenation. He still has a lot to do there.....

1 hour ago, Juice said:

To see TTar win Radomus in one try makes me seethe. I love the playthrough, but this was one of my hardest gym battles. He gets off a Sing and Slowking threw that battle and it's all over. It's not supposed to be like that! 😓

I feel you bro. 
Radomus was among my hardest as well, I had to spend time and multiple trips back and forth to Reborn City on not one but TWO happiness evolutions for that battle and I loath happiness evolution. 

Slowking throwing that battle was just unreal!

I wonder if we can get him to play Rejuvenation next, after he finishes Reborn (as far as EP18 goes that is). And of course we need him to go back to Reborn once EP19 is released, and back to Rejuvenation once there are new releases of that one as well XD.

I certainly hope so. 
I still need to play Rejuvenation myself. Does one need to complete through ep 18 of Reborn to understand it? It's a sequel is it not?

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

• Global Mods
23 minutes ago, Verge Of Chaos said:

I certainly hope so. 

I still need to play Rejuvenation myself. Does one need to complete through ep 18 of Reborn to understand it? It's a sequel is it not?

No it's its own seperate story/game that's self-contained. It does have several references/cameos from Reborn though, some of which could spoil things slightly

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

While it is true that Rejuvenation is inspired by Reborn, it is not only its own game entirely, but also has a few features that Reborn doesn't have. For example: Rejuvenation has an achievment system that gives you achievment points upon completing certain tasks in the game. You can spent those points on some nice rewards, like the so-called "golden items" which can be used to do HM things like Cut or Surf without teaching the HM to any of your Pokémon. It also features "Shadow Pokémon", something you might remember if you ever played the two Pokémon Colosseum games on the Game Cube. It has a few other mechanics unique to Rejuvenation, so yeah, you will certainly have your own seperate adventure.

But just like Reborn, Rejuvenation is still in development, so you can only reach up to a certain number of badges right now. But if you want to know how many badges you can earn by now, you'll have to find out on your own, because that is something i won't tell XD

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

That's a really big commitment and I'm not entirely sure we should push a massive project on a guy after dealing with this behemoth because it has to be so tiring doing all these edits per video. I think I might bug dream to give him a couple one off videos or projects people might like seeing. Rejuv is another huge commitment so doing stuff to avoid burnout might be more important.

5 minutes ago, Commander said:

That's a really big commitment and I'm not entirely sure we should push a massive project on a guy after dealing with this behemoth because it has to be so tiring doing all these edits per video. I think I might bug dream to give him a couple one off videos or projects people might like seeing. Rejuv is another huge commitment so doing stuff to avoid burnout might be more important.

also its only about two thirds done, id rather him wait for the game to be more balanced since he might just dive straight into intense mode

10 minutes ago, Commander said:

You have a valid point there. Rebeorn and Rejuvenation are both very huge games compared to any official Pokémon game. By the time it takes you to finish an official Pokémon game you are at best only at the point where the story of Reborn or Rejuvenation are only getting started XD And since both of them are not completed as of now, there is no saying how long it would take until you can get to the actual end of these games.

6 minutes ago, LeoYT said:

also its only about two thirds done, id rather him wait for the game to be more balanced since he might just dive straight into intense mode

Yeah, that as well. I can see him going into intense mode, because Reborn was not enough pain for the guy. Of course there might be the chance that he'll be like "Ok, if normal mode is similar in difficulty to Reborn, i better go easy mode, because i wanna nuzlocke this and i don't want my Tiki to die again!" XD

Just now, ShogokiX said:

Yeah, that as well. I can see him going into intense mode, because Reborn was not enough pain for the guy. Of course there might be the chance that he'll be like "Ok, if normal mode is similar in difficulty to Reborn, i better go easy mode, because i wanna nuzlocke this and i don't want my Tiki to die again!" XD

Nuzlocking Rejuv on easy mode is not even an achievement, the gap between difficulty levels are huge, it goes from

Easy: IGN employee level

Normal: Slightly harder than reborn

Intense: Fuck you thats why

8 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

You can spent those points on some nice rewards, like the so-called "golden items" which can be used to do HM things like Cut or Surf without teaching the HM to any of your Pokémon.

I'm ever so grateful that even the official games have gotten rid of the HMs. 

This one sounds similar to that which Insurgence uses. 
Ex. There is an 'Instant Lapras', a Sun/Moon-esque ride to function as Surf, a Pika Taxi to function as Fly which can later be upgraded to function as the Lati Soar in ORAS and Scuba Gear to function as Dive.
The Strength and Rock Smash over world functions are actually fulfilled by common moves naturally learned such as Bulk Up or Bulldoze functioning as Strength and Double Kick functioning as Rock Smash. 

I appreciate Reborn's system that allows one to overwrite the HM moves by downgrading them to an in-between category instead of the HM category just as well. 

As long as I'm not stuck with them in my Pokemon movesets I'm happy. 

8 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

It also features "Shadow Pokémon", something you might remember if you ever played the two Pokémon Colosseum games on the Game Cube.

Unfortunately, I never even owned a Game Cube. I wanted one badly but couldn't manage to badger it out my mom as I did my PS2 and N64. 
I was able to play Game Cube games at my best friend's house but she never had the Colosseums, the games we played were the Mario Parties and Smash Bros Melee. 

I've heard of the Shadow Pokemon though, and a Youtuber called PokeTips includes shadow sprites in his randomizes. They're so badass!

I've also read that the relationship points in Rejuvenation are a lot more important than in Reborn because they actually represent how much the characters trust you which if true would make things a lot more interesting. 

31 minutes ago, Commander said:

A little late here but there have been like 5 new responses to this thread since I started composing this. 
I concur with this concern. 
Personally, I sometimes need stop and take time to relax after just one gym or boss battle in Reborn alone, that's how stressful this game is even without rules or an audience, hence the level of pressure we'd be putting on him to go from one entire intense game to another would be borderline abusive. 

That aside, in addition, from what I'm reading here, apparently Rejuv isn't even half as complete as Reborn and we wouldn't want any more hiatuses than necessary in between development updates. Not to mention the time that would allow for him to forget about the game. 

• Global Mods
18 minutes ago, Verge Of Chaos said:

I concur with this concern. 

Personally, I sometimes need stop and take time to relax after just one gym or boss battle in Reborn alone, that's how stressful this game is even without rules or an audience, hence the level of pressure we'd be putting on him to go from one entire intense game to another would be borderline abusive. 

That aside, in addition, from what I'm reading here, apparently Rejuv isn't even half as complete as Reborn and we wouldn't want any more hiatuses than necessary in between development updates. Not to mention the time that would allow for him to forget about the game. 

Well, Rejuvenation currently has 14 badges, and is 12/16 in terms of version releases, so it's got a bit further to go but there's plenty there. 

I'm definitely going to recommend he play Rejuvenation eventually, but I'll make sure he understands both the scope and current completeness of the game, along with the different difficulties.
And who knows, I might lose the connection I do have when Reborn finishes anyway.

36 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

Well, Rejuvenation currently has 14 badges, and is 12/16 in terms of version releases, so it's got a bit further to go but there's plenty there. 

I'm definitely going to recommend he play Rejuvenation eventually, but I'll make sure he understands both the scope and current completeness of the game, along with the different difficulties.
And who knows, I might lose the connection I do have when Reborn finishes anyway.

I appreciate those details. I've not played Rejuv yet, though I just downloaded it a bit ago. 
I definitely would love to see him play Rejuv, just under the right circumstances.