TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

>Wants him to stop doing the nuzlocke for it being too difficult

>Wants him to do set mode/no items to make it more difficult

tenor.gif

2 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

And with that, Nuzlocke mode is officially dead. Cycling out a team member every few episodes sounds alright.
Also Arcanine was finally revealed. Sounds like he probably installed it before Sword, and then forgot about it lol.

3 episodes sounds reasonable though I would say give or take some just so that the swap is convenient as being halfway in the WTC is very inconvenient and the whole Gauntlet battle could be two episodes alone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Candy said:

https://youtu.be/SVSIOTHDYuc

Link doesn't get embedded again but man already started Season 2 xD

I'm a happy candy

Wow. 
Having watched his Insurgence run, although I didn't have to suffer the wait due to watching it a few years in the future, he specifies that there were about two years in between seasons 1 and 2 so I was afraid of having such a wait period for this.  
So glad that's not the case. It's a very Merry Christmas season so far. 
(Why the hell have I not gotten pop-ups notifications of these while I got them of almost the entire Sword/Shield series and I'm not even watching that since I haven't gotten to play yet?)

I'm kinda relieved that he called off the Nuzlocke, I don't think he would have made it much further if he were continuing it. Pokemon Gargantuan and PULSE Abra certainly would have caused a problem for him. 

Or more like he's continuing the Nuzlocke but swapping out the death rule for a roulette format. 
I feel every 3 episodes is reasonable, perhaps 5 for the tough areas that really need certain Pokemon.  

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

3 hours ago, Commander said:

>Wants him to stop doing the nuzlocke for it being too difficult

>Wants him to do set mode/no items to make it more difficult

tenor.gif

3 episodes sounds reasonable though I would say give or take some just so that the swap is convenient as being halfway in the WTC is very inconvenient and the whole Gauntlet battle could be two episodes alone. 

to be fair he seems really open to be adding new rules even after ending the nuzlocke im just proposing him not using revives

• Global Mods
28 minutes ago, nepeta100 said:

to be fair he seems really open to be adding new rules even after ending the nuzlocke im just proposing him not using revives

I think he already said in-episode that revives in battle were still a no-go. 

The roulette swap seems decent overall for team variety, but it still makes battles zero-stake, so I think I'd slightly prefer team wipe = random death, but we'll see if that'd actually happen often enough to be significant.

It's just nice to see it back though

16 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

I think he already said in-episode that revives in battle were still a no-go. 

He did (literally right before he used one on Jauques I believe, hehe, but as the new format has just been introduced and is still in the process of being established I assume this was a free reign episode). 

• Global Mods

Aya instantly showing that he made the right decision because his team's kinda bad. nice. 

In other news, guess the death tracker is getting a bit less serious
image.png.2c32cf464c664f675c76c0b11ffca83a.png

• Haha 1

Aaaaand he's up to it again.....and yes, that "Pokémon 2 of Episode Reborn" made me giggle XD

Sooo, he beat Aya, made it up to Yureyu Building and now senpai has to be gentle....although Cain would probably love it anyway even if things got a little rough XD

And of course Death Roulette....Will he do it at the start of the next episode, or at the end?

22 hours ago, Verge Of Chaos said:

He did (literally right before he used one on Jauques I believe, hehe, but as the new format has just been introduced and is still in the process of being established I assume this was a free reign episode). 

I went back and watched the episode again he didn't use a revive

• Like 1

Ttar:
~Calls Dishsoap and Peanut trash~
"I'm gonna go to the PC"
~Ignores Wanja AGAIN~
"I have nothing of value"
*face/Palm* XD

Damn Aya was pretty harsh on him. She didn't spam Sludge Wave so hard on me. She'd Heat Wave me with Slazzle and Dragon Pulse me with Draglalge. I also never got random status conditions from the field on either end but it only took me two or three tries.

1 hour ago, LeoYT said:

Funniest part of the episode is when he said that Nora was better than Fern

nothing could be further from the truth

I'm pretty sure he meant in terms of personality not as a trainer. 

I dont think the roulette should fully kill someone off, they should just be boxed until the next gym badge. Theres gonna be alot of content between gyms for this current arc of the game and this is where all trainers start to have proper Natures and Ev's. Not to mention how much time some of the upcoming puzzles can take.

I get that he wants to add challenge but a permadeath every 3 episode might make him rush things.

I concur, I never thought that the roulette was being planned to permanently kill Pokemon off, in that case he might as well be continuing the Nuzlocke. 
I suggest a 3-5 episode period for each roulette and with Nuzlocke rules discarded I see no reason he shouldn't be able to bring back Tiki and Belly. 

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

Yeah well, if he just starts using the Pokémon now that had "died" in Season 1 due to nuzlocke rules, what was the point of nuzlocking in the first place?

I mean, sure, let him do as he likes. It's nice to see that he finally admitted that just playing a normal playthrough can be fun as well. On your first playthrough Reborn is enough of a challenge as it is, even without nuzlocking. That's why people have been telling him to not nuzlocke Reborn since the first episode....

His Aya experience made my day. I loved it. Almost word-for-word how I reacted to her. As some of us have said, Aya is where the threat level spikes.

She was harder with the Tentacruel though. But Toxapex is still pretty nasty.

Anyway, he's really enjoying the story now. Funny though that his carelessness is now getting him into trouble. He did better when he agonized over every move.

Who wants to bet he gets desperate enough to resurrect Tiki?

36 minutes ago, Feng Lei said:

His Aya experience made my day. I loved it. Almost word-for-word how I reacted to her. As some of us have said, Aya is where the threat level spikes.

She was harder with the Tentacruel though. But Toxapex is still pretty nasty.

Anyway, he's really enjoying the story now. Funny though that his carelessness is now getting him into trouble. He did better when he agonized over every move.

Who wants to bet he gets desperate enough to resurrect Tiki?

Toxapex has guranteed crits so idk man

10 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Yeah well, if he just starts using the Pokémon now that had "died" in Season 1 due to nuzlocke rules, what was the point of nuzlocking in the first place?

Just the same if he continues to honor the Nuzlocke rules he's supposedly abandoning what's the point of cancelling the Nuzlocke? 
The point of this new format is that he's discontinuing permanent deaths. It's logical that this should apply to previous Nuzlocke deaths as well. 

10 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

It's nice to see that he finally admitted that just playing a normal playthrough can be fun as well. On your first playthrough Reborn is enough of a challenge as it is, even without nuzlocking. That's why people have been telling him to not nuzlocke Reborn since the first episode....

With this I concur. 
I was genuinely getting worried about how much the Nuzlocke was stressing him out. 
Some of it gets me stressed as well and I'll never Nuzlocke, I'm not into the rules. 
I really don't care what he does as long as he's enjoying himself. 

1 hour ago, Feng Lei said:

As some of us have said, Aya is where the threat level spikes.

Mmm I don't know, I'd say Kiki is where it spiked. 

1 hour ago, Feng Lei said:

But Toxapex is still pretty nasty.

Not with a Volt Tackle Alolan Raichu. One hit KO right there. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Generally speaking i'd say that the one factor that makes Aya more difficult to fight would be the same factor that makes Shelly more difficult to fight as well: The double battle!

Sure, you have 2 Pokémon on the field, but you also have to watch out for the moves of 2 enemy Pokémon. And while double battles allow you to use some combinations that would never work in single battle, it also limits some of the things you would usually do in a single battle....like spamming Earthquake or Surf XD

• Like 1

Quite true. 
Aya's advantage in the double format is her multiple target hitting moves, Sludge Wave and Heat Wave paired with the random status effects capability of her field (I was fortunate enough to dodge this though so did she). 

Then you've got Rademous and Shelly who base their entire double format on a stat move which needs a specific strategy to avoid (the 'Fake Out'/one shot routine). 

Also "Am i recording?" How does that dude never know whether he's recording or not? I swear, somewhere in the past there was a Confuse move aimed at one of his Pokémon, but it hit him instead and did permanent damage to his brain. Now he's confused for life^^

But yeah....With his current team he'll have LOTS of fun with Serra....

• Haha 3