Jump to content
nepeta100

TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

Recommended Posts

On 11/15/2019 at 7:49 AM, Verge Of Chaos said:

 

UPDATE:

Just as I feared, it seems he's not understanding the scripted loss and believes it's game over despite the continuation of the cut scene. 
Hopefully, he continues the game. 

He knows it's a scripted loss, Ame has spoken to him over Twitter about it.

 

I don't know how he's done so well in Reborn when he nearly lost to the 3rd leader and a wild piloswine in his Sword let's play. He also cannot do a Scottish accent to save his life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

He knows it's a scripted loss, Ame has spoken to him over Twitter about it.

 

I don't know how he's done so well in Reborn when he nearly lost to the 3rd leader and a wild piloswine in his Sword let's play. He also cannot do a Scottish accent to save his life.

Sweet and kudos to Ame for reaching out to him. 

I've not obtained either Sword or Shield yet, my birthday is still a week or two away and I am hoping I either receive it for my birthday or Christmas before I resort to purchasing it myself but Ttar does have some ridiculous luck. 
I've been able to beat just one Reborn leader so far in the first attempt, Florinia.  I've even needed at least two attempts to beat a couple of the Fern battles. 

 

He actually did lose a main plot battle in Insurgence (and NOT a scripted one, Insurgence doesn't have any) and used some kind of clause to continue with an entirely fresh team from his boxes and at least I personally consider Insurgence a lot easier than Reborn though it is a challenge in its own right. 
However, he spent most of that game severely under-leveled even for entertainment's value and managed to only need that clause the one time so that playthrough was pretty surreal as well. 

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had a look at TTars recent uploads....yeah....he's been uploading nothing but Pokémon Sword/Shield for the last 4 days.......depending on how long it takes for him to finish that game it might be a while until we get to see any new episodes of his Reborn nuzlocke XD

 

Also, just on a side note....are there some of todays posts missing from this topic, or am i imagining things and i should probably try to get some sleep once in a while?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

Just had a look at TTars recent uploads....yeah....he's been uploading nothing but Pokémon Sword/Shield for the last 4 days.......depending on how long it takes for him to finish that game it might be a while until we get to see any new episodes of his Reborn nuzlocke XD

 

Also, just on a side note....are there some of todays posts missing from this topic, or am i imagining things and i should probably try to get some sleep once in a while?

I know you guys want Reborn but mainline games are these PokeTubers biggest paychecks. They want them out ASAP. We will eventually get an update on what Ttar wants to do later but for now just be patient.

 

If it makes y'all feel better, I was working on something not trying to go on a SwSh rant to end up on a rant about it. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That and he's got at least two other Nuzlockes in progress, Extreme Sun Randomizer and he's recently started another new fan-made game called Axis, so he has a lot on his plate without Sword/Shield, a lot of which is probably because from what I've gathered he takes the viewers' requests. 
I have no problem waiting for his next Reborn episode as the longer he takes to pick it back up the more time I have to get ahead of him which is what I prefer. 

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Verge Of Chaos said:

That and he's got at least two other Nuzlockes in progress, Extreme Sun Randomizer and he's recently started another new fan-made game called Axis, so he has a lot on his plate without Sword/Shield, a lot of which is probably because from what I've gathered he takes the viewers' requests. 
I have no problem waiting for his next Reborn episode as the longer he takes to pick it back up the more time I have to get ahead of him which is what I prefer. 

Axis he reached the end of the current content for, so that's done

Extreme Sun never uploads with any regularity anyway so that's not going to interfere much. 

 

Commander is right though that a new main game release like this is one of the best times for channel growth and being able to push out a lot of videos in a short space of time and still have them do well, so it's a sound decision for him to be dedicating full attention to it like this. If you look on something like Social Blade, you can see that he's been gaining around 1k subs per day since the release, while before that the growth was much slower.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Spoiler

image.png.85fffaf1cbb6dc36723d099e1871b307.pngimage.png.85fffaf1cbb6dc36723d099e1871b307.png

 

While I don't have any confirmation it'll be returning, I know that he is invested/interested in the story, and it seemed to be performing decently on the channel, so there's a high chance it'll return once SwSh's main playthrough is wrapped up. 

 

As a sidenote, with the lack of activity on the series for a bit, let's just make sure that this thread doesn't get too off-topic ok?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Axis he reached the end of the current content for, so that's done

Wow really? So that's super new then. 

 

2 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Commander is right though that a new main game release like this is one of the best times for channel growth and being able to push out a lot of videos in a short space of time and still have them do well, so it's a sound decision for him to be dedicating full attention to it like this. If you look on something like Social Blade, you can see that he's been gaining around 1k subs per day since the release, while before that the growth was much slower.

I agree that Sword/Shield is rational as it's what's relevant right now. I'll be watching his playthrough of that once I play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I apologize for the double post but wanted to express some thoughts. 

I've just completed the Tanzan Mountain Team Meteor mission and am quite interested in seeing how Ttar manages with Pokemon Gargantuan and PULSE Abra particularly without Tiki and Belly. 
They're pretty easy with the right team/strategy, mine (though not exactly the one I had anticipated using) was wrecking both with my Charizard's Flamethrower with a bit of backup help from my Rapidash's Flare Blitz. I was actually a bit surprised that I didn't have a harder time than I did and didn't need any resets, but they could easily destroy someone without the right prep.


Ttar only has one fire Pokemon to rely on since although he has that stolen Ponyta from the gang side mission, he's mostly forgotten the Pokemon still alive in his boxes. If he relies solely on Debbie he could have a difficult time and that's if he can keep her alive to that point especially since he's also gonna need her for Serra. 
Nonetheless, it's crucial that he keeps Debbie alive for the next several episodes and hopefully, he remembers that Ponyta. Admittedly, I almost did not myself, I just happened to scroll through my boxes and spotted it. 

I get the feeling that even if Debbie can carry both battles to victory, he'll lose someone in both. I think you kind of have to especially with PULSE Abra to be able to utilize it's recharge turns after Hyper Beam. 

I'm looking forward to seeing the dude freak and anyone who is familiar with his work knows he will, he does it hilariously. 

 

Circling back to Serra, I'm interested in seeing how he gets through that as well, especially if he doesn't figure out that he needs Earthquake or Bulldoze to destroy the mirror field (Earthquake Piloswine for me). 

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Props to him for actually working out how to beat it with his current team.  

 

I think despite the episode name and setting a goal for it to continue, from some of the closing words of sword (and the fact that this was uploaded at all) he already fully plans to continue lol.

Supposedly the rules might be a bit different for S2 too so that could be neat.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn. 
I thought someone said that Ame had reached out to him to explain the scripted loss.
Major kudos though. After Ditto!Arceus I came to regret not preparing to take that Garchomp out with Perish Song or Destiny Bond. Additionally, I appreciate being able to see alternate outcomes although this one was no different since I don't expect I'll be playing this again. 

 

2 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

I think despite the episode name and setting a goal for it to continue, from some of the closing words of sword (and the fact that this was uploaded at all) he already fully plans to continue lol.

Hopefully you're right. 
Everyone spam that 'like' button and comment to show him how much we want him to continue. 

Edited by Verge Of Chaos
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Verge Of Chaos said:

Damn. 
I thought someone said that Ame had reached out to him to explain the scripted loss.
Major kudos though. After Ditto!Arceus I came to regret not preparing to take that Garchomp out with Perish Song or Destiny Bond. Additionally, I appreciate being able to see alternate outcomes although this one was no different since I don't expect I'll be playing this again. 

 

Hopefully you're right. 
Everyone spam that 'like' button and comment to show him how much we want him to continue. 

He said with a cut-in at the start that this was basically recorded just after the last episode was, so before the tweet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the like goal has been met pog also really liked that he went back and saw the kiki death premonition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So let's talk about the nuzlocke vs a normal playthrough so I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring here:

 

First off, I'd say play a roulette in cases where he wipes or loses a lot of mons so that only 1 is sacrificed letting things go forward. I'd say sack mons don't count since that was their purpose. This isn't so much to make it easier on T-tar but to reduce the sheer amount of grinding caused by having to train members in a very exp short game. It's been years since I touched certain parts but you absolutely feel that burn post Aya and beyond.

 

Second, we have plenty of people here, myself included, who could build a custom game for T-tar to build around this nuzlocke adventure he's trying to make in case he needs some accommodations. If he needs triple evs or a guy to boost his levels up to skip wild grinding, that's easy fixes. If it's a guy who sales heartscales we can make that happen as well. I'm not saying these things as means of letting T-tar be successful, I'm merely offering in order to keep the enjoyment in a middle ground of what the fans want and what he wants to do. Just don't ask for anything complicated or convoluted please.

 

Anyways, I'm actually glad T-tar went back to defeat it instead of taking the wipe to clean the whole team. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think rather than people creating mods for him he would have more need of someone telling him all the places where he still got some encounters left to catch new Pokémon. That guy has kept a shortage of Pokéballs for a long time and avoided lots of possible encounters, so those are still open to him, and he should use them before he continues with the game....

 

Also about that whole nuzlocke or not thing: Yes, he would get to enjoy the story a lot more if he just quit the nuzlocke and played a normal run, since he wouldn't need to worry about his Pokémon dropping dead left and right. And he will certainly lose a lot of Pokémon from now on if he keeps the nuzlocke going. But watching him struggle not to lose any Pokémon does have a high entertainment value.

And since even Ame herself told him that this battle against Solaris is one you are supposed to lose (even though it certainly IS possible to win), he should just do what all LP's would do in that case: Don't count it as a loss, don't count any deaths and go on like this battle never happened.

Edited by ShogokiX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I looked back at a previous video to confirm what I was seeing and it was indeed correct

Ttar has been playing on shift this entire time, so thats basically like, reborn on easy mode no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And with that, Nuzlocke mode is officially dead. Cycling out a team member every few episodes sounds alright.
Also Arcanine was finally revealed. Sounds like he probably installed it before Sword, and then forgot about it lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, one thing is for sure though:

If he had continued the nuzlocke, this would have been a very short second season XD

 

Jokes aside, now i'm really interested to see what kind of "special rules" he will add to the run over the course of the upcoming episodes.

A roulette to throw out a random team member every few episodes sounds like fun, since you do know you will lose one for sure, but you don't know which one it's gonna be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...