TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

9 minutes ago, Paperblade said:

And the tedium of grinding itself is likely to make you more prone to making a careless mistake and lose someone to the Grand Hall trainers.

or getting a bot low on HP on wildies and an unexpected survival to kill happens (the wild mon surviving on like 1 and killing the mon). Wouldn't be the first time with Gen 5 and beyond sturdy...

Yeah, training sessions can really get annoying the more Pokémon you want to keep up to your current level. But that is the big difference between Reborn and the official games.

It doesn't matter which gen you play, any official Pokémon game allows you to pretty much take any 6 random Pokémon that you either caught or traded and burst through the entire game without ever needing to train outside of just fighting every random trainer you come across....

Reborn on the other hand won't allow you to do just that. Sure, you can beat the game by using no more than 6 Pokémon, but take it from someone who actually pulled that off: It's not easy to do so and can get very frustrating at certain points in the game! And that's why you'll usually want to have a few more Pokémon trained up, to swap out team members as you need them for whatever comes next on your journey. And you can easily beat the game by just training about 10-15 different Pokémon.

I can see why TTar doesn't want to train. Training between gyms (or other important battles) is the boring part of the game, and it just swallows so much time. But let's be honest: We're talking about Reborn here. And we all know that Reborn will at some point get anyone to regret their choices on their first playthrough XD

You think so? I can see some viable options for those Mons he has on his bench right now. Aside from Noibat, which gets really powerful if he takes uo the effort to train it until it evolves, i can see some use for all of them. Lunatone can do some things against Aya for example. Rattata is also easily underestimated, but it can do some nice damage. And Super Fang is easily one of the best moves for capturing new Pokémon, als long as you don't have False Swipe available already.

If you put your mind into it, every Pokémon has some use for playing through the story.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

You think so? I can see some viable options for those Mons he has on his bench right now. Aside from Noibat, which gets really powerful if he takes uo the effort to train it until it evolves, i can see some use for all of them. Lunatone can do some things against Aya for example. Rattata is also easily underestimated, but it can do some nice damage. And Super Fang is easily one of the best moves for capturing new Pokémon, als long as you don't have False Swipe available already.

If you put your mind into it, every Pokémon has some use for playing through the story.

I mostly agree with this, except the unown... that's just deathfooder really

4 minutes ago, MachoPony said:

how tf did he get unown? did he count that one room as a new area or just go through the entire cave with repels on?

I kinda skimmed so i don't know but there is a unown in his box yes

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, MachoPony said:

how tf did he get unown? did he count that one room as a new area or just go through the entire cave with repels on?

1 hour ago, Falirion said:

I kinda skimmed so i don't know but there is a unown in his box yes

At the time he thought it was a different area so he caught it, but it is technically an illegal encounter since he killed the diglett that was his first (and found many others after). He may never do anything to recognise this, but I doubt it'll get used anyway.

6 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

At the time he thought it was a different area so he caught it, but it is technically an illegal encounter since he killed the diglett that was his first (and found many others after). He may never do anything to recognise this, but I doubt it'll get used anyway.

If it was intentional he probably wouldn't have done it with an Unown of all things. 

Maybe he likes Unown? Maybe it reminds him of alphabet soup he loved as a kid? Ahhh.....childhood memories......such good times.....XD

But seriously.....if he just knew what type of Hidden Power that Unown has even that little guy might be of SOME use^^ Although from a competetive perspective i have never seen someone using Unown, so yeah......a chewing toy for Kiki the Mightyena maybe?

Edited by ShogokiX

7 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

Maybe he likes Unown? Maybe it reminds him of aplhabet soup he loved as a kid? Ahhh.....childhood memories......such good times.....XD

But seriously.....if he just knew what type of Hidden Power that Unown has even that little guy might be of SOME use^^ Although from a competetive perspective i have never seen someone using Unown, so yeah......a chewing toy for Kiki the Mightyena maybe?

Maybe. Or maybe Garchomp bait

3 hours ago, Angelkitsune said:

to me, Unown is more useless than Magikarp. Magikarp can learn tackle at lv15 and evolve into gyarados at lv20 while Unown can only learn.....Hidden power,thats it.

Don’t forget the Flail + Focus Sash strategy combined with Bounce. You’ll see, Magikarp is less bad than people say 😉

• Haha 1

Soooooo.....TTar has been releasing Pokémon Axis for 3 days in a row now.....maybe he effed up the Reborn nuzlocke during the recording of the next part, and doesn't want to show us how he just lost to Aster and Eclipse like within seconds?

Or he's got massive trouble finding where to go next and has been running around Apophyll for hours and is now pretty much as salty as the dead sea for not finding his next goal.....

26 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

Soooooo.....TTar has been releasing Pokémon Axis for 3 days in a row now.....maybe he effed up the Reborn nuzlocke during the recording of the next part, and doesn't want to show us how he just lost to Aster and Eclipse like within seconds?

Or he's got massive trouble finding where to go next and has been running around Apophyll for hours and is now pretty much as salty as the dead sea for not finding his next goal.....

Axis kinda kinda beats any like goals he sets up for it, just like reborn did that one time (or at least I think that's what happening. Only saw parts of the videos)

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

I think he just knows it's a short game currently, so wants to get it done while people are still enjoying it most

7 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

I think he just knows it's a short game currently, so wants to get it done while people are still enjoying it most

The way I see it, Axis is more popular. If videos do well Ttar will continue to push them out and right now Axis is more popular than Reborn.

Next episode will be fun^^ Many of us doubted he'll actually make it to this point, but next episode will be the moment we get to see him finally lose a battle for sure XD Although this may not count since we all know this is a fight you are supposed to lose, unless you happen to have something to counter dem Chompi Mc Chomp Chomp.

He got lucky against aster and eclipse  or maybe he knows the game mechanics that in double battles, they try to kill your Pokemon that has red HP. 

At at the beginning of the episode he said that he’s done but still proceeds as nuzlocke.

i wonder what his reaction will be if he sees kiki gets shashed by garchomp. He actually hates her right now

he just passed over outrage for the growlithe... this is an outrage! sry couldn't help myself but seriously why!?
that double battle AI is fun, i agree they were trying to kill ludicolo because it was continusly low, leaving themselves open to bibarel.
well he expects a deadly battle next episode and hes going to get one, just not the one he is expecting, this ought to be fun.