TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

2 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

I think we might get a Kiki vs Kiki where Kiki will beat Kiki 😜

For some reason, that made me think of the SpongeBob episode where him and Patrick are selling Chocolate and they ask that 1 crazy guy who screams "CHOOOCOLAAAATE! CHOOOCOLAAAATE!" except now I'm imagining him yelling "KIIIIKIIII! KIIIIKIIII!"

• Haha 2

I'm all caught up. 
I've just beaten Kiki and now am looking forward to Ttar's Kiki battle.
For only the second time in the game I'm probably gonna have to start using Common Candies because my Swanna is about to over level from having been my Cal broom. 

On 10/25/2019 at 11:23 PM, DreamblitzX said:

I think we might get a Kiki vs Kiki where Kiki will beat Kiki 😜

That might take a miracle since Mightyena is weak to fighting but knowing Ttar's luck, it might just happen. It would certainly be symbolic especially since Kiki the gym leader collapses after the battle.
Right now Karen and Jacques are his strongest players against Kiki, hopefully, he gets Karen evolved and leveled up.  
Shame he seems to have forgotten about Wanja, a Swoobat was my Kiki broom. 

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

39 minutes ago, Verge Of Chaos said:

That might take a miracle since Mightyena is weak to fighting but knowing Ttar's luck, it might just happen

So, does anyone want to bet that Hitmonlee is going to kill himself with HJK?

9 minutes ago, TripleHHH said:

So, does anyone want to bet that Hitmonlee is going to kill himself with HJK?

Or he'll have my experience and Hitmonlee won't EVER use HJK. 

After leading with Fake Out it would opt for Knock Off probably because I used my Swanna so if he uses Jacques rather than Kiki--

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

And so endeth the Kiki thunderdome - the Kikiest Kiki has been Kikied.

But no seriously I thought a potionless Victoria fight would have done a lot more damage than it actually did.  Huh.  Hooray for AI mishaps I guess?

Edited by Minus

Very excited for this development. Watching every battle turn into a Swalot stallfest wasn't very fun imo. Now he will have to seek out new strategies. I am kinda mad he used one of his newest and best additions as death fodder, though. Palossand is a good Pokemon, dangit!

• Upvote 2

yeah, now that Belly is gone he will have a hard time finding a tanky pokemon that can outtank Aya's tanky poison types. Unless he trains Wonja so she and Karen can sweep her team, but then again its hard kill her tanky pokemon in one turn. Or he can just use Kiki to Yawn and then sand attack them to hopefully stall them.

• Like 1

I can't believe he was ready to sac Dishsoap but lives the Iron Head...
I share some others' sentiment about the death of Belly—hopefully the coming battles will be more fun/not just Stockpile-Potion spamfests.

Despite the death, the Kiki battle went better than I thought it would. He absolutely did the right thing training up Karen; took out some threats! As always, good sleep turn luck and questionable AI decisions but that's to be expected at this point.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Well then what to say, i am slightly miffed that the comments told him about Victoria, but eh it was an interesting fight either way. (and confirmation in video about being blocked in for her too.)

That iron head man, i know the game likes to cherry tap with different moves to conserve PP on the big moves and catch switches, but usually it does that when the weaker move kills anyway soo wtf was that? XD
good thing he trained karen up, this thing might have gone different if he hadn't.
that whole dance around with Belly in the battle was kinda nervewracking, especially when he sent in into the lucario (the singlemost dangerous thing on kiki's team against poison)
I also kind of find it funny that he only ever took neutral hits from strength, so he probably never figured out that it's her fighting & psychic move for half her team. a fact which helped him a lot making Kiki (the mightyena) be able to tank the gallade because it has no fighting move that isn't also psychic, hilarious.
And as for Belly's death... that's kinda why it would have been a good idea to actually read the Field notes but he never found this one (it is a little out of the way & costs a protein... so yeah don't really blame him there) I believe everyone knows this but ftr that was a guarantied crit, no bad luck about that one.

*sigh*
Why didn't he just sweep with Karen and Wanja remained forgotten even though he actually went into his box to withdraw a new team member and scrolled over it! He didn't need a damn fodder Pokemon!

He also wasted a lot of turns Stockpiling against Hitmonlee, he invited the thing to spam Meditate. 

Another death in vain as Tiki's was. 
Welp at least the timing was convenient, now KIki is his Yawn Pokemon. 

BTW, this made me wanna watch his Insurgence series now and play it. 

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

20 minutes ago, Verge Of Chaos said:

*sigh*
Why didn't he just sweep with Karen and Wanja remained forgotten even though he actually went into his box to withdraw a new team member and scrolled over it! He didn't need a damn fodder Pokemon!

He also wasted a lot of turns Stockpiling against Hitmonlee, he invited the thing to spam Meditate. 

Another death in vain as Tiki's was. 
Welp at least the timing was convenient, now KIki is his Yawn Pokemon. 

BTW, this made me wanna watch his Insurgence series now and play it. 

I'm seriously considering it as well, I'm super curious about how he dealt with the first gym. As for insurgence itself, I'm don't like it as much as I like Reborn and its kids, but it's not really bad by any means. The absurd variety of really good early mons (Drilbur, Riolu, Magnemite, and Marill are all available before the first gym) I think causes the difficulty/player power arms race to spiral out of control. I do love the delta pokemon though, especially D. Charizard and the "New Moon" original weather mechanic.

Back on topic: Yeah that stat war against Hitmonlee was probably the height of T3's stupidity so far. At least we won't be seeing that again -_-. As for upcoming fights, I honestly think he'll struggle with Azurine Taka, and that Cain at Bybyxion gate will give him trouble as well. Cain's team is super bulky, so I'm wondering how he's gonna deal with that. Maybe if he picks up and trains a mud-type from Azurine, like maybe Gastrodon or Seismetoad, that could really help. I'm very very excited to see T3 react to Solchomp though. I know he'll bs clause it (as is reasonable) but T3's reactions so far have been absolutely top-notch.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, doombotmecha said:

Yeah that stat war against Hitmonlee was probably the height of T3's stupidity so far. At least we won't be seeing that again -_-.

Indeed, the end of the Stockpile stall is a benefit to losing Belly.
It also makes me cringe every time he spams Kiki's sand attack and then gets pissed when the opponent continues to hit. 
Accuracy lowering moves might be a beast on the AI's side but have been ass on the player's side since the beginning of Pokemon games. 

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

• Global Mods

Another Pillar Falls. 

I think the iron head was more than just PP-saving silliness. Part of the AI actually adds favouring to moves that are likely to leave the player on like 1-5hp in order to create more intense/memorable moments for the player and as a bit of a mercy mechanic. And I'd say both of those worked exactly as intended. The PP-saving AI decisions by themselves are generally only messed up by healing.

I think generally when you hear stuff like "I hate this" or "I don't want to do this anymore" it's an in-the-moment emotional statement rather than actual overall opinion, but I am a little worried about a sort of slow buildup of fatigue that nuzlockeing reborn on video seems to create (mostly from grinding and losing pokemon)