TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

It really annoys me that Ame nerfs the leaders each episode for some reason, with the exception of shelly, who got the Araquanid. It seems they are all weaker. And the AI has never been the same after E16. It was far scarier with me in that ep than in E17 and beyond. It actually healed and used proper moves when appropriate. I never guessed it had any things wrong with it. And then E17 and boom, broken.

As for Shade specifically, Ame just plain made the fight easy. Banette? Really? Where did Trevenant go? Bring it back! And bring back Chandelure! TTar does not understand the horror of fighting Chandelure! *Growls and gnaws on the nearest furniture* I sUfFeReD more! Why he has to suffer less?! Huh!?

Maybe Ame nerfs the fist challenges for balance reason since now the game is longer, in a way that the difficulty curve is more spread out? :rolleyes:

Btw the gulpin line with its defences, yawn and acid spray is really the best for the early game.

I do think that it's a balancing thing and aiming for some sort of difficulty curve to try to make earlier game bosses a bit more manageable, yeah.

As for the fight, I'd posted earlier that I thought that he would get through Shade and Kiki, so he's gotten halfway there so far.  However, I'd also hoped that he would take more care, read the field effect readouts, and use an electric type, which definitely did not happen.  But he seemed to manage with his lemonade hoard so 🤷‍♀️.

At any rate, I still think he's got a shot at Kiki, but her team is very hard hitting and I don't think he'd win without a few casualties.  And thanks to Strength, the old strategy of Stockpile + Belly + Lemonades probably isn't going to be viable.  If he does make it through, realistically, I think he'll either stop after getting wiped by the Garchomp, or he'll invoke the B.S. clause to retcon the deaths from that battle (which I think would be reasonable) and most likely officially lose the locke against Aya.

Before he even gets to challenge Kiki, he'll still have to make it through Blacksteam Factory, past Cal on Pyrous Mountain and one more Victoria battle.....nothing of those seem really difficult, but since it really looks like he relies more on luck than actual skill for most of his fights we don't know what might happen....

Either way, we might be in for a surprise...

3 hours ago, Thebossgummy221 games said:

Just a question, how difficult is that Muk fight, especially for people who do a Nuzlocke. Also would anyone blame me if I decided to nuzlocke this game because of this playthrough. I know it sounds stupid, but I was wondering. 

No one would blame you, there were indeed people who Nuzlocked Reborn successfully (like myself). Just know exactly what awaits you so you can counterteam everything and don't play with normal Nuzlocke Rules and add some newer ones to make it actually playable like:

-You may breed an Egg from the Day Care exactly one time (foe the Mystery Egg)

-Static Encounter should count in most cases, as long as you don't farm them (like getting 20 Vanillites). This rule seems making nuzlocking too easy but for reborn, I think this is fine

-Heck, if you really want to enjoy the nuzlocke, every pokemon can have 2 or 3 lifes. I should try this one someday, then maybe I won't have 2 boxes filled with dead pokemon xD

The key to winning Reborn Nuzlocke is just antiteam everything. It's gonna be tedious sometimes but that's really the secret. So you gotta know the games well. 

Here comes Ametwo again......*throws Master Ball* Who needs Mewtwo, ima catch that Ametwo!

And just like that he'll be in for another surprise in the next episode....And he'll cheese the Pulse Muk with Belly, like usual....Belly be the new Tiki! This guy proves that Blaziken is not the best starter! Best Mon is Gulpin^^

8 hours ago, GreatNinja said:

No one would blame you, there were indeed people who Nuzlocked Reborn successfully (like myself). Just know exactly what awaits you so you can counterteam everything and don't play with normal Nuzlocke Rules and add some newer ones to make it actually playable like:

-You may breed an Egg from the Day Care exactly one time (foe the Mystery Egg)

-Static Encounter should count in most cases, as long as you don't farm them (like getting 20 Vanillites). This rule seems making nuzlocking too easy but for reborn, I think this is fine

-Heck, if you really want to enjoy the nuzlocke, every pokemon can have 2 or 3 lifes. I should try this one someday, then maybe I won't have 2 boxes filled with dead pokemon xD

The key to winning Reborn Nuzlocke is just antiteam everything. It's gonna be tedious sometimes but that's really the secret. So you gotta know the games well. 

sorry about the late response, I know the available events of the game. I honestly wanted to nuzlocke Pokemon Reborn but decided the right time to do so would be after one of my playthroughs on youtube is complete. 

I'm currently doing a nuzlocke myself, and right now i am preparing to face Serra. As of now i haven't lost a single Pokémon. I wonder how long i can keep this up XD

My current Team that i want to use against Serra consists of my starter Infernape, Aggron, Primeape, Klinklang, Meowstic and Arcanine. I'll see whether my plan will work out or if i finally lose a Pokémon, but i am 100% confident that i will beat her with that team.

Hello all you nuzlocke expert, just wondering.. if we were to lose the fight against solaris garchomp will it count as losing the nuzlocke or just treat it as never happen?, i mean i know you can kill him easily with prankster murkrow but i just wanted to make sure

2 hours ago, fellowry said:

Hello all you nuzlocke expert, just wondering.. if we were to lose the fight against solaris garchomp will it count as losing the nuzlocke or just treat it as never happen?, i mean i know you can kill him easily with prankster murkrow but i just wanted to make sure

Theres a BS clause so probs not

Since the Solaris fight is one you are supposed to lose, you usually don't count that one at all. Yes, there are ways to win fights like that (like the Prankster + Perish Song Murkrow you mentioned), but in general it is intended for the player to lose those fights. Your Pokémon are somewhere between level 40 and 45 at that point, you obviously won't stand much of a chance against a level 75 Garchomp. So this is a "forced lose" battle.

Also you may not get that Prankster + Perish Song Murkrow every time. You don't go soft resetting the game because the Pokémon you just got doesn't have the stats/ability/moves you wanted. The core of the nuzlocke challenge is to make use of the Pokémon you get, so soft resetting until you get what you want would defy that challenge.