TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

Soooo.....since he was like "Imma quit dem nuzlocke" multiple times in this episode......will he start playing normal now? He's complaining so much about this game already, yet he hasn't really seen the true terror Reborn has in stock for people who are foolish enough to think you can do a blind nuzlocke and get away with it.....

But man.....this dude is a walking miracle......he's making every mistake in the book and he still survived this nuzlocke up to this point.....

And no, you can't blame the game if you run around all over the place like a headless chicken, not healing your Pokémon in a Pokémon Center, and then running out of healing items during a rival battle.....

Or complaining about having no pokéballs if you literally ran past multiple pokémarts as if they were not there.....

Also, WHY the heck is he complaining about his Pokémon? He's got some decent mons, he didn't evolve Peanut......it eveolves at lvl. 16.....it's 29.....and he has some very good mons on his PC right now that he refuses to use......

• Global Mods
6 minutes ago, nepeta100 said:

wait yeah why didn't he evolve peanut...

It's the paradox of only being able to train peanut off-camera, but only being able to evolve peanut on-camera

I really think people overestimate how much time and effort people who are playing more casually are willing to put into the game, especially if they are just doing it as content for their youtube channels. Yes TT could be doing more and looking at the field effects or pulse readouts more, but at the same time is doing any differently than someone like Shofu? Shofu was really saved by playing early versions of the game at first so he could get mons like Gardevoir and Magarmar much earlier but he was even worse at putting effort into the game. 

We can turn this around any way we like, just to see only the things we want to see. The fact remains that TTar gets tons of hints on useful things, as well as warnings about things that could end the nuzlocke early.....and yet he casually ignores most of that. Only to complain about it later.

I mean, of course i can understand he doesn't want to be spoilered, but we do know he is reading comments, since he said things like "You guys told me to *insert hint here*" multiple times during the Reborn nuzlocke already.

Sure, i am not expecting any pro plays from typical let's players, i'd go watch the Pokémon world championship if that's what i wanted to see. But i'm starting to doubt his general knowledge of Pokémon, since he's complaining all the time, yet constantly ignores most of the advice he gets from his viewers.... And let's be honest. Most of his problems with his Reborn nuzlocke are not related to Reborns difficulty level, but rather to all the beginners mistakes he's making since episode 1. Reborns difficulty level just makes these mistakes stand out way more than a regular Pokémon game would.

TTar may be putting lots of time into that let's play, but definitely not much effort.

• Like 2

The thing is he kind of needs the flexibility to use whatever mon he wants in this playthrough, it would take a lot of stress off him because he'll actually feel like he can complete the game now, but it won't remove the tension cause there are still gonna be moments that will absolutely floor him as the do jist about any first-timer.

5 minutes ago, ShadowAgent said:

He’s underestimating the game. His luck won’t help him in this game. 

he beat insurgence with lots of  luck. Maybe he thought this game would be the same.

hopefully he quits it in the next episode. Watching him kinda stresses me too lol

Oh same. I don't know if he'll do the orphanage raid and Shade in the same episode, but I can't imagine him getting through Shade unscathed. That whole fight is chock full of really dangerous, fully evolved offensive Pokemon. Like, Kiki could get OHKO'd by Gengar, and then he's stuck trying to get Belly to carry him again, which won't really work, I think, due to the offensive boosts, and Mimikyu getting to boost up as well.

• Like 1

image.png.13c4a9382f7341404d215e8b1e67ef20.png

Man's suffering.

But I decided he deserved it when he dissed Ducklett zzz
I have a soft spot for Swanna and will not stand for the slander

I'd be absolutely on board with him doing a normal playthrough of Reborn, but so far I've also liked watching him play by nuzlocke rules. Just wanna see him play the way that makes him happy. I'd hate for him to quit nuzlocking just because people pressure him to, but I also don't want him to stubbornly continue it if he'd really rather just enjoy the game in normal mode.

It's a decision he has to make for himself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

For now his best bet would be visiting all the places that still have random and/or static encounters waiting for him and stock up his arsenal of usable Pokémon. Of course that also means he will have to train a lot, but that's part of the game, so no complaining about that.

Then again he might just end up tossing those onto the pc, because he underestimates them....

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

For now his best bet would be visiting all the places that still have random and/or static encounters waiting for him and stock up his arsenal of usable Pokémon. Of course that also means he will have to train a lot, but that's part of the game, so no complaining about that.

Then again he might just end up tossing those onto the pc, because he underestimates them....

*coughcoughDucklettcoughcough*

So looking through his PC again we have:
Useless - Unown
Bad - Pidove and Ledyba

Decent - Trubbish and Ekans

Good - Ducklett, Scatterbug, Spearow, Cubchoo

Great - Lotad, Mareep, Smoochum, Woobat

Noibat I'm not gonna rank because he needs to be able to evolve it to get any worthwhile use out of it at this point. Lotad could be great becuase of it's typing and the fact that it learns Nature Power. Smoochum may not be the best add now but it can really help out later on. Swoobat dominates the early game of Reborn and he just really should add it immediately after Shade, if he survives that battle. And Ampharos is just all around great. If it were me at this point in the game, and this were all I had available (which hopefully won't be true for much longer), I think I would have this team by Shade.

Lombre (maybe Ludicolo if I can mine up a Water Stone)
Ampharos

Mightyena

Swalot

Arbok

Beartic

I realize this is all kind of meaningless because he probably thinks he's fighting Aya next and will continue to until right before he has to go fight Shade, but I wanted to share my thoughts on the matter nonetheless.

Based on whats after shade Kiki Shreds a good chunk of his team and Jacques is not that great on the beach field

personally I would put Trubbish in the next tier since its on par with belly

1 minute ago, LeoYT said:

Based on whats after shade Kiki Shreds a good chunk of his team and Jacques is not that great on the beach field

personally I would put Trubbish in the next tier since its on par with belly

I've found Garbodor to be a bit less tanky but faster, so he's better for things like T-Spikes and the like. I think Fearow would be better going forward cause it gets a lot of good physical moves leveling up, it was a great mon in my playthrough through the early and mid-game.

7 minutes ago, Thomaskater21 said:

I know were on the discussion of him playing regularly, I personally, love the locke, I look foward tik each episode, and I dont think he will play regularly untill/if he loses 

I wouldn't expect him to drop it until he loses. That being said, he's gonna lose at some point. Ain't no way you are beating Reborn blind without whiting out (and I don't mean at Solaris on Pyrous).