TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

4 hours ago, SansTheSkeleton said:

You're talking to a guy who has reached The Gauntlet with minimal team (Greninja, Camerupt, Mightyena, Roserade, Ursaring and Meowstic ; might have switched a differnet Pokemon once or twice into normal team, don't remember, but I remember trying to be minimalistic). This is as painful as it sounds, even with Revive and healing items. Somehow, I managed to persist. Some gyms easier than others (Titania was hell but Amaria was a joke, Roserade killed most of her team no problem).

The gauntlet though, might be too much to handle without resorting to X items. Three boss battles back to back, with second heal being only partial? No thanks. It's not the hardest thing that has been in RPGs (looking at you Demifiend) but it definitely is up there, especially considering it's mandatory.

And let's not forget the few things we know about E19: Team Meteor hacking their Pokemon to have max EVs on every stat, or PULSE Mr. Mime which made one of the testers, in their own words, s u f f e r.

Anyway, if Thamill somehow manages to survive long enough, PULSE Abra will be basically a "pick who lives and who dies" episode. With its stat spreads, it outspeeds 99% of the National Dex (and the few of 1% you can have will probably get outspeed anyway due to level difference; Prankster or other similar stuff might help minimalize losses), and iring a Hyper Beam (or Dark Pulse if you thought Ghost-type can get a free pass) off that monstrous attacking stat is guaranteed to OHKO probably everything bar the most dedicated tanks. Defense-wise, it's less ridiculous Shuckle.

The way I see it it's all possible, but only plausible if you have played the game before and know what to expect. This is by all means a "when he loses", not "if he loses" type of playthrough. I'm having fun seeing just how far he can get. On a side note, some gym leaders are easy for some people but brutal for others, it depends on your team at the time of challenging them. I know plenty of people struggle with Charlotte even after her nerf, but I first-tried her. Whereas I spent longer than I think most did fighting against Luna in my most recent playthrough. Point is, their difficulty is kind of subjective to your playthrough.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Right, i agree on that part. The question is indeed not IF he loses, but how far he will get before that happens. It is certainly possible to finish Reborn while playing a nuzlocke. However, this requires a certain amount of preparation on certain parts of the game. Doing a blind nuzlocke on your first playthrough will get you wasted at a certain point for sure. As for the point of gym leaders being difficult or not, i guess that's all up to how well you are prepared as well. Shelly for example is considered by many as a gym leader who takes the difficulty up a notch compared to the first 3 gym leaders. I had no problems beating her first try on my first playthrough though. That may be due to the fact that i had a Meowstic with Fake Out on my team. Even though i didn't know which Mons Shelly would use i knew she would set up the rain, and as soon as i saw Illumise at the start of the fight the Prankster + Rain Dance was obvious to me.

Getting through all of Reborns EP18 with a team of only 6 Pokémon isn't that much of a deal though. Sure, you may struggle at certain points, and you will be spamming a decent amount of items during some battles, but it's certainly possible. On the other hand you have more money to spend on healing items, since you don't need a constant supply of pokéballs if you really go for a team of no more than 6 Pokémon. It took a while, but i managed to get to the end of EP18, so i know what i am talking about. Doing something like that however is something you want to do only after you beat the game at least once. It's funny though how actually doing this doesn't feel that impressive any more once you actually managed to pull it off. Might just be my personal opinion on that matter though.....

However, that still doesn't change the fact that you want to train a few more than just 6 Pokémon for most of your playthroughs.

• Like 3

Tbh Abra is not as hard as you might think. Reborn AI has its problems, and it really is noticeable when facing Abra. Just play the switch game until Hyper Beam PP is 0 and take a pokemon who takes Dark Type Moves very well (Pangoro for example) and a Ghost Type. As I noticed through my many playthoughs, the AI will always (or in most cases?) go for its strongest move in singles (or pick a random move between all the moves which KO the opponent) when ignored setup moves, which Abra doesn't have. So switching between a Ghost Type and Pangoro is enough for dealing with Abra. Also maybe a death fodder if Pangoro gets more damange than anticipated. After Hyper Beam is gone, Pangoro solos. Someone explain this to TTar pls xD

Do I remember right that Abra only has these 2 moves?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GreatNinja said:

Tbh Abra is not as hard as you might think. Reborn AI has its problems, and it really is noticeable when facing Abra. Just play the switch game until Hyper Beam PP is 0 and take a pokemon who takes Dark Type Moves very well (Pangoro for example) and a Ghost Type. As I noticed through my many playthoughs, the AI will always (or in most cases?) go for its strongest move in singles (or pick a random move between all the moves which KO the opponent) when ignored setup moves, which Abra doesn't have. So switching between a Ghost Type and Pangoro is enough for dealing with Abra. Also maybe a death fodder if Pangoro gets more damange than anticipated. After Hyper Beam is gone, Pangoro solos. Someone explain this to TTar pls xD

I'm pretty sure you're right that it only has those two moves, the problem with that strat is that he may not have something that can take a Hyper Beam from it. If not, then he pretty much has to choose who lives and who dies. It all relies on whether or not he has a Pancham (I don't remember if he does or not) and if he gets a Ghost type. Hell, before even worrying about the PULSE Abra he has to get through 4 gyms, PULSE Muk, and the Yureyu boss. Those could easily strip away his methods to deal with Abra.

• Like 1

I'm almost certain he got a pidove from the slums.

1 hour ago, Alazir said:

I'm pretty sure you're right that it only has those two moves, the problem with that strat is that he may not have something that can take a Hyper Beam from it. If not, then he pretty much has to choose who lives and who dies. It all relies on whether or not he has a Pancham (I don't remember if he does or not) and if he gets a Ghost type. Hell, before even worrying about the PULSE Abra he has to get through 4 gyms, PULSE Muk, and the Yureyu boss. Those could easily strip away his methods to deal with Abra.

He definitely got a pidove from the slums.

• Like 1

Alazir is right, we don't need to worry about things like the giant Steelix or the Pulse Abra for now, since TTar does have to make his way past a few other obstacles first. Now i could make statements like "He won't make it past Shade if he continues like this", but we all know how many people expected him to be done in by Shelly, yet he only lost 1 Pokémon, although that one was his ace.

I think we should wait and see what his next move is, before we actually try and judge whether he can make it past Shade or not. After all, losing Tiki seemed to have had some kind of impact on his perception of Reborn. At least it looked like that at the end of that episode.

The next thing to worry about would be Shade. His ghost types are really strong on the short-circuit field and Mimikyu is without a doubt the most dangerous Pokémon Shade has to offer. As of now i would say Belly is his best bet for Mimikyu, while Kiki can handle most of Shade's team, but certainly not all of them. If he manages to capture a female Espurr or a Mawile though his chances would go up a notch. Female Meowstic learns Shadow Ball and Mawile ist able to use Crunch and Sucker Punch.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Alazir is right, we don't need to worry about things like the giant Steelix or the Pulse Abra for now, since TTar does have to make his way past a few other obstacles first. Now i could make statements like "He won't make it past Shade if he continues like this", but we all know how many people expected him to be done in by Shelly, yet he only lost 1 Pokémon, although that one was his ace.

I think we should wait and see what his next move is, before we actually try and judge whether he can make it past Shade or not. After all, losing Tiki seemed to have had some kind of impact on his perception of Reborn. At least it looked like that at the end of that episode.

The next thing to worry about would be Shade. His ghost types are really strong on the short-circuit field and Mimikyu is without a doubt the most dangerous Pokémon Shade has to offer. As of now i would say Belly is his best bet for Mimikyu, while Kiki can handle most of Shade's team, but certainly not all of them. If he manages to capture a female Espurr or a Mawile though his chances would go up a notch. Female Meowstic learns Shadow Ball and Mawile ist able to use Crunch and Sucker Punch.

An Electric type would also do him good as well. If he can get the Factory Field on and has a mon with Nature Power Mimikyu should go down without much of a fight. Probably should get Ampharos or go collect Electrike.

On 9/29/2019 at 6:36 PM, GreatNinja said:

Fun fact, but that's not actually the Reborn AI having problems, for a change. Abra is literally programmed to spam Hyper Beam in this specific battle so that players can use the recharge rounds to attack.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, ZEL said:

Fun fact, but that's not actually the Reborn AI having problems, for a change. Abra is literally programmed to spam Hyper Beam in this specific battle so that players can use the recharge rounds to attack.

Not surprised, it'd be ridiculous otherwise. Means we get to watch as Ttar chooses which mon(s) he sends to their deaths.

I'm living for Yashio's fanart ngl, been so happy they've drawn three well technically five of my faves already now
Generally super cool to see how much art people are producing for this playthrough.

• Global Mods

Are tweets embedded into the forums always just completely broken for anyone else?

fun fact btw, the 'schling' at 35:24 (probably) wasn't edited in this time. I made a mod for it 😉

Okay so, there was a lot of hilarity and tense situations in this episode.
-Ttar is SO thrown off by Tiki's death, but I'm glad to see him get a few mons in this episode.

-Dream PLEASE remind him he can normally delete HM moves, watching him get rid of Yawn hurt me.
-The absolute madlad just fighting Beartic like that.

-The rival battles shouldn't have been that hard, he really is off his game right now. Also some bad luck, who knew?

-BELLY FINALLY GETS HIS RECOGNITION!!!

-This man will learn to love Shelly in time guys, do not worry. It is inevitable.

-DEAR GOD please this man needs more encounters.
-Don't sleep on Swanna.
The thing I wanted to say the most though, is that this man really just predicted the whole plot while just casually strolling around Ametrine. Like he was dead-on for it just being conjecture.

• Like 4

At this point I've found myself hoping for him to get wiped, because maybe if he un-nuzlockes the game he'll learn to read.  Read the field effects, all the stuff Dreamblitz put in the discord that he clearly is ignoring, maybe even read my sticker guide.

By the way Dreamblitz you should tell him that Corey kills himself in either timeline, he still blames himself for that.  Or maybe you did and he skipped it too.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Candy said:

Well when he beat that Lv 57 Beartic, I was honestly so impressed. Belly is a super tank!

Long live Belly! Kiki is the apparent leader of the team, but Belly is the foundation that the team stands upon. Without him, they would fall.

• Like 2

Kinda hoping he blacks out soon too and just continues with it as a normal playthrough.  Reading comprehension slips aside, dude seems like he'd just have a more enjoyable time that way.

I was also not expecting the Beartic fight so soon.  Thankfully nothing a Swalot with stockpile (and, well, a fridge full of lemonades) couldn't deal with.  Man though, there were a lot of cases in all of these fights where a stray critical hit would have pretty much spelled game over.

His glossing over Mareep once again hurt just a little bit inside.  I did also find it pretty adorable that, for a split second, he thought that egg would have a Dratini in it.

Edited by Minus
  • Like 2