TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

He totally should pick up a Klinklang, technically he already could have gotten a Klink before Takazel and there's a good chance of getting it as his railnet encounter after the orphanage raid. The factory and short circuit fields are so common and shift gear is ridiculous on them - it's really not difficult to use. You set up and spam gear grind, if you want you can grab coverage, but if you actually pull off setting up more than once on that field you probably won't care about type effectiveness any more :^) He sure could use a steel for Serra, too.

Also it's my fave mon and I want him to have it :]

1 hour ago, doombotmecha said:

>Geared

On that subject, Klang would be another great pickup for his team, if he uses it correctly. Gear Grind is good on the short circuit field, but *amazing* on the factory field.

1 hour ago, ZEL said:

He totally should pick up a Klinklang, technically he already could have gotten a Klink before Takazel and there's a good chance of getting it as his railnet encounter after the orphanage raid. The factory and short circuit fields are so common and shift gear is ridiculous on them - it's really not difficult to use. You set up and spam gear grind, if you want you can grab coverage, but if you actually pull off setting up more than once on that field you probably won't care about type effectiveness any more :^) He sure could use a steel for Serra, too.

Also it's my fave mon and I want him to have it :]

Of course that's not really up to him, that's up to his luck... which by my observation means he's probably gonna get one. Hopefully he really has learned his lesson now and doesn't dismiss it as a "useless" mon like Wonga.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Hopefully we might get an encounters episode sometime soon, since even with 1 wild and 1 static per area (plus one for certain sub areas or special gifts) there's still a ton currently available. By my count in the encounters channel, there's probably a bit over 20 right now.

Does the Mystery Egg count as a special gift? Did he even do that event? I wanna know what Pokemon is his mystery egg.

1 hour ago, SilverAngelus said:

Does the Mystery Egg count as a special gift? Did he even do that event? I wanna know what Pokemon is his mystery egg.

Depends on how he interprets the rules of his nuzlocke. Personally I do mine as "any possible gift or static counts".

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, SilverAngelus said:

31 minutes ago, Alazir said:

Depends on how he interprets the rules of his nuzlocke. Personally I do mine as "any possible gift or static counts".

I think it'll be special enough to count as its own thing, but yeah It's just a matter of doing the event things first. I'll try hint towards it more but I don't wanna be too forceful y'know. plus daycare stuff is pretty far-removed from nuzlockes, and doing it requires quite a noticeable break from any story progress, which makes it a bit harder to weave in naturally

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

daycare stuff is pretty far-removed from nuzlockes, and doing it requires quite a noticeable break from any story progress, which makes it a bit harder to weave in naturally

Do you mean actual daycare breeding, which should be not allowed in a nuzlocke as far as i know, or are you referring to the daycare couple sidequest that rewards an egg if you talk to the girl in Onyx Ward?

But yeah, since TTar does actually listen to you to some degree, you might want to hint him in the right direction, to pick up as many of the possible encounters he missed so far as his own rules would allow him to do.

I know i said that i enjoy watching his nuzlocke because it's interesting to see how far one can go by sheer luck, but TTar needs to realize that he won't get much further into the game if he doesn't start taking the game more serious soon.

He missed lots of possible encounters, and he neglected proper training. And although he did train all of his Mons (except for Peanut) to level 35 for Shelly he did lose Tiki. And even that only happened because he missed so many possible encounters and didn't take training the Mons he had more serious.

• Like 1

I've been in a normal playthrough and had to change a Pokemon twice so far; for Shelly and for Kiki (in that case, Talonflame sweeped 4/6 of her team with Acrobatics). Currently stuck on Aya, might need to change team again. (Just FYI, it's Venusaur, Talonflame, Swalot, Arcanine, Ampharos and Persian; yeah great variety I know)

Spoiler

At least Focus Sash was used up to delete Solaris's Garchomp

Generally speaking you should always train a few more than just 6 Pokémon. If you train somewhat between 10 and 15 Pokémon in total you should have no problem to reach the end of Ep18's story.

In case of a nuzlocke though you may want to train up a few more than that since you could lose a Pokémon at any time due to various reasons. And if the only Pokémon you have left to replace the fallen ones are some low level Pokémon you caught somewhere between your first 2 badges you would have to train a lot to get those into shape if you are Level 50+ already.....

I haven't even watched the video. All I see is Shelly's black silluouette with devil horns and the title: "This has never happened to me in a Nuzelocke before."

I can't find an emoji that properly demonstrates my feelings right now. Well, we'll see. He might actually be trolling like he did with Mightyena and beat her effortlessly. That would be just as hilarious, honestly...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Feng Lei said:

I haven't even watched the video. All I see is Shelly's black silluouette with devil horns and the title: "This has never happened to me in a Nuzelocke before."

I can't find an emoji that properly demonstrates my feelings right now. Well, we'll see. He might actually be trolling like he did with Mightyena and beat her effortlessly. That would be just as hilarious, honestly...

Oh how nice that would have been...

1 hour ago, GreatNinja said:

By the way. Imagine him reaching the EL vs Radomus scene, choosing Radomus and losing to Arceus. He will think this is an optional battle and then he will black out and lose the Nuzlocke. This would be SO hilarious to see.

Maybe not, as he would have had to beat a Steelix and PULSE Abra of the same level before then.

I have many things to say about this episode. All of them wonderful.

Thank you TTar! YoU aRe ThE cHoSeN YoUtUbEr.

Where do I start?

1. He has the luck of the devil. That is the only reason one of the Tangrowth battles didn't kill something at least once. To say nothing of all the other fights. He is smart though. I'll give him that too. He is really good at battling. Far better than I ever will be. But his luck tho.

2. His reaction to the orphanage was absolute gold and his voice acting just measurably and perceptably escalated to new heights with the scene. by the end he was acting Anna's lines perfectly with the exact inflections and emphasis one would probably expect. And his reaction to Anna was so awesomely perfect. First he's like "Oh this poor girl's craaaazy~." And then that stinger advice at the end and you can see the gears a-spinnin in his head and he be like this in his head: "Wait wait wait. I didn't tell her anything about Heather but she's suddenly aware of all that's happened, or at least vaguely. M-maybe she not so crazy..."

3. Connel's voice was not as awesome as it was when HeatedMo did it. But I love TTar's reaction to him when the music starts changing. So awesome.

4. His quote about the scene being so poignant he can SMELL the hospital dissenfectant stench was awesome. And props to development team and Aahm! for doing such an awesome job. 1 of the top 3 most memorable Reborn moments.

5. FIVE! HOLY MUK! His theory on Corey!!! DID HE JUST PREDICT (or nearly so) events in Episode 19???? I can totally see Shade showing Heather Corey the Gengar and being like, "Love still casts its shade on you" or something poetic. Wow. I can surely see this in a post game. Or maybe some kind of tie-in with one of the Legendaries and that's part of the story element for one of them, like say, Crescellia. Dunno. But he is so darn close to the truth about Corey being resurrected. I wonder if the other part is a logical progression and will actually happen in some fashion. Not word-for-word, obviously, but enough. Close enough to be credited to him. I really want that scene. Dangit! Give the girl closure!

6. THE BOOKCASES! THE BOOKCASES! GAAAAH! His experience was like watching myself. It was freaking hilarious and frustrating. I felt my old trauma from the bookcases reforming. I swear. That hurt. And it was fun. I felt so sorry for him.

Only in my case with the puzzle, I did it right in like, literally 2 minutes. But didn't realize how to get from Shelley's room. And thought for sure if I left the gym room, I lost the progress. How I struggled getting it done right when I realized, though. That, and I had to heal. When I came back... ooh Lord. I wasted a good three hours of my life in that gym.

7. Shelly. We all knew this day would come. And yes, TTar. It WAS meant to be this way.

And whatsoever thou doest, understand that there shalt cometh more hence in yonder days.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Feng Lei said:

7. Shelly. We all knew this day would come. And yes, TTar. It WAS meant to be this way.

To be fair I think a lot of viewers betted on him losing more mons or outright losing the nuzlocke at Shelly so the fact he's still going strong is admirable 😛 it'll be interesting to see how Tiki-less Ttar does from now on

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, nhehvnukl said:

Youre comparing Steelix to Arceus? Pulse Abra is fair though.

Just meant that he would have had to defeat Pokemon of that level before. He should be able to get through Abra, though I doubt it will be without deaths.

7 hours ago, Candy said:

To be fair I think a lot of viewers betted on him losing more mons or outright losing the nuzlocke at Shelly so the fact he's still going strong is admirable 😛 it'll be interesting to see how Tiki-less Ttar does from now on

I know I thought he'd lose more.

• Like 1

After seeing how well he fights and his luck, I assumed he'd beat Shelly like he did or wipe completely. And I know my luck with Confused pokemon ends up disastrous most of the time. He never once saw Belly or Tiki hurt themselves.

Wonder how he will react when he learns you can actually get more starters? Or does he know?

31 minutes ago, Feng Lei said:

After seeing how well he fights and his luck, I assumed he'd beat Shelly like he did or wipe completely. And I know my luck with Confused pokemon ends up disastrous most of the time. He never once saw Belly or Tiki hurt themselves.

Wonder how he will react when he learns you can actually get more starters? Or does he know?

Likely doesn't know. I think the first one you can technically get is Chikorita, but that's through trade. Next would be Tepig and Squirtle, both static encounters.

Exactly how do you get chikarita? I totally forgot. And probably would never try... Bayleaf is my 3rd favorite pokemon, but Meganium is on the low end of my hate list.

As for starters, I guess none of those help him. The way I see it, Kiki will be a very dangerous force to reckon with. He has Pidgeot, but that's the only thing stopping her team... and now Kiki the Mightyena is his main. and it's doomed vs. a fighting leader.

3 minutes ago, Feng Lei said:

Exactly how do you get chikarita? I totally forgot. And probably would never try... Bayleaf is my 3rd favorite pokemon, but Meganium is on the low end of my hate list.

As for starters, I guess none of those help him. The way I see it, Kiki will be a very dangerous force to reckon with. He has Pidgeot, but that's the only thing stopping her team... and now Kiki the Mightyena is his main. and it's doomed vs. a fighting leader.

There's a dude on Azurine Island after the Pyrous Mountain encounter I believe, he wants a Chimecho and will trade you a Chikorita for it. Also lay off Meganium XD, the one on my main team has put in nothing but work.

He has to go through Shade before we even think about his battle with Kiki. And he is definitely not equipped for that fight. Mightyena cannot do that battle alone.

If he plays his cards right, I feel like he has it in him to make it to the Garchomp encounter at least.  I feel like Shade and Kiki aren't too menacing compared to Shelly (though the fact that he is now Blaziken-less will up the difficulty significantly).  He really does need to pay attention to those field notes in the future though.  Had he looked at those and listened to Ame's advice, he might have realized that fire would not be a good strategy.  He made the same mistake earlier with Corey, where he could have used a Gust to take out the field.

Apart from that, I think Mareep would be a really good choice of 'mon to train up in Tiki's absence, particularly with the field advantage it would give him in Shade's gym.  Maybe that would be worth relaying to him?

Fire WOULD have been a good strategy on Shelly, but he would also have needed any Pokémon that could have used Fake Out on Illumise. Also he would have to take out Araquanid before it could use its own Rain Dance. Then again, while he DID know that Rain Dance and Water Moves would be coming, he did not know which Mons would be coming or what moves / abilities they have.

But yes, Ttar should pay more attention in general. This guy is relying so much on luck with his Reborn nuzlocke that it's hard to tell if he has any skill at all or if he even remotely knows what he's doing....

The most efficient thing he could do about now would be to do some backtracking to collect a few more Pokémon whereever he still has any kind of encounters left. And of course taking training his Pokémon more serious from now on. There are enough other guys on Youtube who lost their nuzlockes because they messed around too much. Best example would be the Penta-OP who wouldn't even have made it to Julia if not for their "special rule" that all 5 of them would have to lose to the same gym leader or "boss battle" in order for them to count as a lose.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Feng Lei said:

16 hours ago, Alazir said:

There's a dude on Azurine Island after the Pyrous Mountain encounter I believe, he wants a Chimecho and will trade you a Chikorita for it. Also lay off Meganium XD, the one on my main team has put in nothing but work.

He has to go through Shade before we even think about his battle with Kiki. And he is definitely not equipped for that fight. Mightyena cannot do that battle alone.

Actually, the dude only wants to hear the Chimecho chime, after that you're free to pick up the Chikorita. So it's not a trade (anymore? It wasn't when I did the mission in this latest version, but idk if previous versions required a trade)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Storystosee said:

Actually, the dude only wants to hear the Chimecho chime, after that you're free to pick up the Chikorita. So it's not a trade (anymore? It wasn't when I did the mission in this latest version, but idk if previous versions required a trade)

Ah, I must've forgotten 

All speculations aside we should wait and see what kind of approach TTar will try to continue his nuzlocke. With the small amount of Pokémon that he did catch up until now however he won't make it very much further.

While the opinions on the difficulty level of Shelly's gym battle seem to differ, there is at least one thing we can all agree on: The fact that the difficulty level will go up even more the further he advances into the game.

With some luck though DreamblitzX might get through to him and we'll see a TTar who finally takes Reborn more serious in the next episode.

On 9/26/2019 at 2:43 PM, ShogokiX said:

Generally speaking you should always train a few more than just 6 Pokémon. If you train somewhat between 10 and 15 Pokémon in total you should have no problem to reach the end of Ep18's story.

In case of a nuzlocke though you may want to train up a few more than that since you could lose a Pokémon at any time due to various reasons. And if the only Pokémon you have left to replace the fallen ones are some low level Pokémon you caught somewhere between your first 2 badges you would have to train a lot to get those into shape if you are Level 50+ already.....

You're talking to a guy who has reached The Gauntlet with minimal team (Greninja, Camerupt, Mightyena, Roserade, Ursaring and Meowstic ; might have switched a differnet Pokemon once or twice into normal team, don't remember, but I remember trying to be minimalistic). This is as painful as it sounds, even with Revive and healing items. Somehow, I managed to persist. Some gyms easier than others (Titania was hell but Amaria was a joke, Roserade killed most of her team no problem).

The gauntlet though, might be too much to handle without resorting to X items. Three boss battles back to back, with second heal being only partial? No thanks. It's not the hardest thing that has been in RPGs (looking at you Demifiend) but it definitely is up there, especially considering it's mandatory.

And let's not forget the few things we know about E19: Team Meteor hacking their Pokemon to have max EVs on every stat, or PULSE Mr. Mime which made one of the testers, in their own words, s u f f e r.

Anyway, if Thamill somehow manages to survive long enough, PULSE Abra will be basically a "pick who lives and who dies" episode. With its stat spreads, it outspeeds 99% of the National Dex (and the few of 1% you can have will probably get outspeed anyway due to level difference; Prankster or other similar stuff might help minimalize losses), and iring a Hyper Beam (or Dark Pulse if you thought Ghost-type can get a free pass) off that monstrous attacking stat is guaranteed to OHKO probably everything bar the most dedicated tanks. Defense-wise, it's less ridiculous Shuckle.

• Like 3