TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

Okay. This is a wild ep.

First, he's one of the most perceptive players out here but it took him a long time to realize where the beryl gym is AND where the door opened when he completed the color puzzle 😂 srsly

Second, either he has millions of luck charms in his house or Belly must really love him to not even get one burn from that flamethrower.

Lastly, the most crazy thing is Tiki one-shoting that Crobat like what??? HOW??

At this point, I'm really confident of this nuzlocke run. The next one is shelly!! So this is where we'll see if his luck will truly run out. My goodness.

P.S. Somebody comment and beg him to use Mareep. 

Edit:

I actually didn't expect him to backtrack to find that last officer. That was really neat of him to do. Hopefully, he gets all the Anna and Shade points on this playthrough!

• Haha 1

Yeah well.....and here i said i wanted to see his reaction to finding out Corey is part of Team Meteor....and he actually did a redo on that part^^ Worth it!

But i have to say that this was his most patchetic display of a gym battle yet. At least for his Reborn Nuzlocke....Now i want to see him fight Shelly.....if he performs this bad at Coreys gym already, i can wait to get a good laugh out of him trying to beat Shelly....

Also.....Next part will start with the moment that made me think "Ame, you read WAY too much Pokémon Manga!" for the first time while playing Reborn!

Not gonna lie, was laughing the whole time thinking about how gust could've easily wiped the field effect out. Really surprised he didn't lose anyone, give me some of that luck >>''

Anyway, can't wait to see how things turn out for the next gym 😄 

18 minutes ago, Maqqy said:

Okay. This is a wild ep.

First, he's one of the most perceptive players out here but it took him a long time to realize where the beryl gym is AND where the door opened when he completed the color puzzle 😂 srsly

Second, either he has millions of luck charms in his house or Belly must really love him to not even get one burn from that flamethrower.

At this point, I'm really confident of this nuzlocke run. The next one is shelly!! So this is where we'll see if his luck will truly run out. My goodness.

he used bulk up

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maqqy said:

Okay. This is a wild ep.

Edit:

I actually didn't expect him to backtrack to find that last officer. That was really neat of him to do. Hopefully, he gets all the Anna and Shade points on this playthrough!

I mean, unless he prepares for him, Solaris kinda wins.

• Global Mods
10 hours ago, Maqqy said:

Okay. This is a wild ep.

Edit:

10 hours ago, nepeta100 said:

he used bulk up

He also popped an X attack near the end to take him from +3 to +5.

I was curious and damage calced, and fun fact if he didn't X-attack and was still at +3, Flame Charge only had a 65% chance to kill Crobat (and Tiki woulda died to Air Cutter or Venoshock if the AI was working good) so good thing he did.

That was one heck of a fight! It's interesting to note that with Stockpile on Belly, all but one of his mons are setup-based. 

I want to be optimistic, but Shelly's next up, and she's imo one of the game's hardest fights. I can't wait to see T3 meet the orphan crew or the gang sidequest, though.

• Upvote 1

On 9/8/2019 at 4:45 PM, doombotmecha said:

@GreatNinjaWhat was your strategy? Did you just do the magma quest and lean into the rain with Floatzel? Because SS Anorinth is a MENACE. I don't see how a new player can get past the rain and the fast rock slides so easily, not to mention the constant struggle bug spam.

At that point of the game, I didn't really had much strategies. But I think my team happens to be good versus Shelly as I always pick Torchic, have always 1 or 2 flying types and like switching around with Intimidate (Shinx my best friend). Rain would be annoying but having 4x resistance to Bug is really nice there. And Rock Slide from an Anorith isn't that mich strong, especially with no field boost and after Intimidate. TTar could manage Shelly but I'm interested to see either way. 🙂

3 hours ago, GreatNinja said:

At that point of the game, I didn't really had much strategies. But I think my team happens to be good versus Shelly as I always pick Torchic, have always 1 or 2 flying types and like switching around with Intimidate (Shinx my best friend). Rain would be annoying but having 4x resistance to Bug is really nice there. And Rock Slide from an Anorith isn't that mich strong, especially with no field boost and after Intimidate. TTar could manage Shelly but I'm interested to see either way. 🙂

I mean, torchic is kinda useless against Shelly as long as the rain is up. Almost all of her mons can ohko it in the rain.

Am I just the only person who doesn't know how to properly handle Blaziken? Because mine never stood a chance against her. And people seem to have success with it I don't. Then again I am no good at proper competitive play... so I guess I lack set up support? But really, I fail to see how poor Tiki can overcome Shelly. Even without Rain, she has Masqurain, which Intimidates and Bubblebeams you, Araquanid that can do goodness knows what, and then the Anorith. Though oddly I used to have more trouble with her Heather. Heather after speed boosting is no joke. It does no ancient power, no? Seems like it does. But that might just be Redux.

Redux... ouch. No, no thinking on that. Trauma.

TTar is really lucky though, and if he keeps Kiki alive and then maybe adds Ampharos or something like Luxray, I could see him doing it pretty easily. He got past Corey easily enough. Mayhaps we shall be pleasantly surprised.

But if he don't get some good Special mons, he gonna be on his knees before the Queen. The Queen is the one thing worse than Shelly. If he doesn't have Earthquake to take out them mirrors...

But we'll see. We will see. How he survives will impress me.

Also, I love how he's milking his pronunciation of Aaahm for all it's worth. It gets funnier for me every time, I don't know why, really.

1 hour ago, Feng Lei said:

Am I just the only person who doesn't know how to properly handle Blaziken? Because mine never stood a chance against her. And people seem to have success with it I don't. Then again I am no good at proper competitive play... so I guess I lack set up support? But really, I fail to see how poor Tiki can overcome Shelly. Even without Rain, she has Masqurain, which Intimidates and Bubblebeams you, Araquanid that can do goodness knows what, and then the Anorith. Though oddly I used to have more trouble with her Heather. Heather after speed boosting is no joke. It does no ancient power, no? Seems like it does. But that might just be Redux.

TTar is really lucky though, and if he keeps Kiki alive and then maybe adds Ampharos or something like Luxray, I could see him doing it pretty easily. He got past Corey easily enough. Mayhaps we shall be pleasantly surprised.

But if he don't get some good Special mons, he gonna be on his knees before the Queen. The Queen is the one thing worse than Shelly. If he doesn't have Earthquake to take out them mirrors...

Also, I love how he's milking his pronunciation of Aaahm for all it's worth. It gets funnier for me every time, I don't know why, really.

Yeah, I dont really get how Torchic is good against shelly.

Anyways, Kiki is useless against Shelly- dark is weak against bug, after all. If he trains Ampharos he may have a chance, though.

1 hour ago, Feng Lei said:

Kiki is also gonna be a problem with his current team its one of the few gyms that a Blaziken can't sweep

1 minute ago, nhehvnukl said:

Say, is there even a good Kiki counter in the routes near her? I cant remember...

The Gothita is the Library is pretty good as well as any other psychic type but theres only a few available at the time