TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

• Global Mods

I think the thing that saddens me the most about the missed officer route is just the missed story, and IMO it makes the post-battle scene with Corey make less sense, and therefore have less impact.

And I guess the helper thing is fully revealed now 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

I think the thing that saddens me the most about the missed officer route is just the missed story, and IMO it makes the post-battle scene with Corey make less sense, and therefore have less impact.

And I guess the helper thing is fully revealed now 🤷‍♂️

He also wont know who the Meteor admin was too (untill Corey's diary, but he'll forget about this by then)

• Global Mods

Also, for all his silly theories, it's funny how he immediately hit the nail with Heather's status with minimal information (even if he dismissed his own theory for now)

• Upvote 2

He might realize who the mysterious Meteor was when he fights the Crobat. He remembered Florinia having a Cradily, he might remember the Meteor guy having a Crobat. And he's already caught on to how weird it was that he lectured Heather like that. He might overlook a good amount of things, but he's not completely forgetful.

I thought it was pretty cool that he did get suspicious when Corey cut off Eve's infodump about Heather, and he even unwittingly predicted that she's E4 :'D

He's definitely ~10 times more perceptive on the details despite it being his first run. When I played for the first time, I overlooked so many things I only noticed on the next 30 runs I did lol

Isn't the mist field harder for a nuzlocke since it's guaranteed 1 mon loss by the time he gets to Skuntank? Imagine him losing Tiki/Kiki to that... Also he is gonna lose 1 mon to Corey but I don't think he'll lose the locke to him.

Also he was so lucky that chatot got a low damage roll with that last chatter since the first was nearly half.

8 hours ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

Isn't the mist field harder for a nuzlocke since it's guaranteed 1 mon loss by the time he gets to Skuntank? Imagine him losing Tiki/Kiki to that... Also he is gonna lose 1 mon to Corey but I don't think he'll lose the locke to him.

Also he was so lucky that chatot got a low damage roll with that last chatter since the first was nearly half.

Funny thing is Belly could probably sweep the gym if he actually learned body slam but since it isn't a mist field he can also use Jacques without taking entry damage

So i just returned home after a week of vacation and i had to watch 3 episodes to watch.....

And so i stand here corrected.....i thought Taka+ZEL would do the trick, but TTar somehow lucked through.....welllllll.......

Too bad he didn't find all police men before the battle.....would have loved to see his reaction to Corey being demasked in front of his daughter....

It’s such a shame that he missed the officer part of the story. Well, I didn’t expect him to get it right the first time so all is well and good. 

I also wish he catches Mareep next ep since the lil sheep will really help him a lot. Still, nice job going through the double battle with almost no casualties other than duck lol. He’s really keen on figuring stuff out like Taka’s chatot and Heather’s status. Best of luck to him with Corey, though Swalot maybe enough to handle him 😁

• Global Mods
1 minute ago, Maqqy said:

Oh did he got it last ep? Have to retrack. Why didn’t he used it?

He seems to quite like not really changing his team much while it's full. With duck gone, sneep might be joining though 

He's realised he missed the last officer and is annoyed about it, and I've let him know about both growlithe and backup saves, so he's considering fixing it, but that kind of redo is iffy both for a youtube playthough and a nuzlocke, so don't get your hopes up too much.

3 hours ago, nepeta100 said:

He doesn't have to redo his save to get growlithe so I think its fine 

Yeah, he just needs to find the last officer, which would be the dead one in the library in his case. And since the police chief is not in Coreys gym on the "police failed" route TTar got, he can get Growlithe (and the mystery egg, if he desires) at any time now.

What's more interesting about the Growlithe situation is something that Ame pointed out on her patreon server - Growlithe is obtained as a static encounter in the Jasper Ward police station. If Ttar limits himself to one static 'mon per area, then he can't take Growlithe because he already got Mareep.

• Global Mods
23 minutes ago, ZEL said:

What's more interesting about the Growlithe situation is something that Ame pointed out on her patreon server - Growlithe is obtained as a static encounter in the Jasper Ward police station. If Ttar limits himself to one static 'mon per area, then he can't take Growlithe because he already got Mareep.

Yeah we had a bit of a discussion about the 1 static rule earlier. I think the general idea that he'd gone with in the past was static encounters and gift pokemon being kind of seperate, but the problem is the line being a lot more blurry in reborn with also having things like pokesnax encounters that have no battle and just join you, and eggs picked up off the ground. not to mention the area division is much more iffy with much less standard area structure and lots of little sub-areas with different names. Ultimately I think the outcome was basically that instead of worrying about following strict laid-out rules, just kinda do what feels right and falls in the middle rather than being too harsh or abusing the system.
Here's an example from the encounters channel for roughly how I've been laying things out. Basically wild+static for each area, 1 extra for each significant sub-area with a different area name, and attempting to mark gifts for him to decide. Also part of the idea of having hints for all the statics is if his team/box gets trashed eventually, 1 static per area will probably be the first rule to go

Spoiler

image.png.a15ea7043512a78a2fef9ee4751a5bf8.png

Yeah well....he's making the same mistake lots of people make on their first playthrough of Reborn: He's training only a small number of Pokémon and in his case it's not even a full team of 6...

So far he lost 2 Pokémon to situations he could have easily avoided by just training properly, even if he had trained just 6 Pokémon. And to add insult to injury he killed off 2 Mons that were among the best he had....

For someone attempting a nuzlocke i'm not sure whether he's underestimating the Reborn big time, or if he's doing it on purpose to create as many "one mistake and i'm done for" moments as possible...

The more episodes i watch the more i get the feeling that guy WANTS to lose and is just trying to see how far he can get with playing like a clown.

He's got the luck of the devil. When I played, crits were everywhere and rain was omnipresent. But that was E16 and Kyogre was in Reborn on vacation in E16. So rain was ever-present. My poor Combusken. It NEVER had a chance to shine until after rain wasn't an issue. That doesn't account for this guy's great luck. My pokemon always knock themselves out with confusion.

Now let's see how he deals with Corey. . .

"Gust is not gonna do that much" zzzz that's what ya get for not looking at the details of the field effect

I'm glad he went back and got the extra story, because above all else I really enjoy watching him react to the story.