TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

• Administrators

i really appreciate that he noticed what the lyrics cain was singing were from. i think that's the first time someone in a playthrough i've watched has immediately known on their own

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Amethyst said:

i really appreciate that he noticed what the lyrics cain was singing were from. i think that's the first time someone in a playthrough i've watched has immediately known on their own

TBH I was super surprised about that too. Maybe he googled the lyrics and found that out but I didn't even think it was the lyrics of an existing song 😂 Until later when someone pointed it out and I was like 

Spoiler

tumblr_ogryw9WjRM1vj56sgo1_640.png

8 hours ago, Amethyst said:

And here i thought the fact that Cain's singing is a reference to several Pokémon songs was so obvious that everyone who ever watched the Pokémon anime would notice...guess i was wrong^^

• Like 1

This guy is a delight to watch. And he has made right choices every time. For a first blind playthrough, he is good at this game.

I hope there will be fanarts of Gulpin's battle versus Tangrowth. He was lucky to have the perfect counter but he deserved it.

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, Des Teto said:

This guy is a delight to watch. And he has made right choices every time. For a first blind playthrough, he is good at this game.

I hope there will be fanarts of Gulpin's battle versus Tangrowth. He was lucky to have the perfect counter but he deserved it.

Here's an awesome one I've already seen in the discord:

ECClbOKWsAMl8Ea.jpeg.jpg

Actually really excited to see the art that spawns from is as it seems like the TTar community produces quite a lot.

• Like 5

That fanart almost feels like the poor Tangrowth is asking for help... because the Pulse does drain the life away...

And yep, Gulpin is the only reason I survived that first Tangrowth battle. Never even knew what EVs were hardly until Reborn and had rusted battling skills to carry me. Had I not played Black Version sometime earlier and been introduced to Acid Spray, I would have been doomed. . .

And TTar is much more enjoyable than the Pentaop. It is really, really nice when there's only 1 screen.

His picture of Saruman's meme was funny and so true! A friend of mine who still hasn't played Reborn kept insisting that she wants to nuzelock it and I was like "No! Stop! Don't!". But to be honest Reborn is much easier than E16, at least I feel that way about it now. And TTar is being smart so far. He may just go through most of the gym leaders unscathed. The biggest question will be if his Blaziken faints at or before a certain Queen of Hax. And if not her, then of course the Foire Mansion may be the moment that all Nuzelock's die. Or do they all die there? Surely there's some who've actually beaten all four trainers at once.

33 minutes ago, Feng Lei said:

That fanart almost feels like the poor Tangrowth is asking for help... because the Pulse does drain the life away...

And yep, Gulpin is the only reason I survived that first Tangrowth battle. Never even knew what EVs were hardly until Reborn and had rusted battling skills to carry me. Had I not played Black Version sometime earlier and been introduced to Acid Spray, I would have been doomed. . .

And TTar is much more enjoyable than the Pentaop. It is really, really nice when there's only 1 screen.

His picture of Saruman's meme was funny and so true! A friend of mine who still hasn't played Reborn kept insisting that she wants to nuzelock it and I was like "No! Stop! Don't!". But to be honest Reborn is much easier than E16, at least I feel that way about it now. And TTar is being smart so far. He may just go through most of the gym leaders unscathed. The biggest question will be if his Blaziken faints at or before a certain Queen of Hax. And if not her, then of course the Foire Mansion may be the moment that all Nuzelock's die. Or do they all die there? Surely there's some who've actually beaten all four trainers at once.

If nowhere else, it will be the Glass Gauntlet that awakens the nuzlocke dreamer from their dream of doing a full nuzlocke of Reborn blind.

1 hour ago, doombotmecha said:

Glass gauntlet? Isn't that near the end of the game rn? I feel like something else will get him before that.

That is why i said 'if nowhere else' as in to say if a miracle carries them that far.

21 minutes ago, Feng Lei said:

Shelly is the surprise nightmare for sure. She hit me and my idiot belief Blaziken would carry the day like a ton of brick, and that was when she was weaker. Now with Araquanid, yeah, she'll fix him.

true, unless he stops relying so much on his combusken/blaziken, he's gonna be in for a rotten treat oof

You can't? I did....It's easy to brute force Shelly if you just take out Illumise on the first turn. A little Fake Out, have my other Mon brute force Illumise down and from there on out brute force the whole fight. No problems there^^

Of course, if it's your first run, you didn't use any guide and you don't know what's waiting for you, you might be in for a harsh defeat....that much i give you XD

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

You can't? I did....It's easy to brute force Shelly if you just take out Illumise on the first turn. A little Fake Out, have my other Mon brute force Illumise down and from there on out brute force the whole fight. No problems there^^

Of course, if it's your first run, you didn't use any guide and you don't know what's waiting for you, you might be in for a harsh defeat....that much i give you XD

Yeah I think if you're at the point of knowing to use fake out to prevent the rain and take out Illumise, you've gone beyond bruteforcing it haha

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DreamblitzX said:

Yeah I think if you're at the point of knowing to use fake out to prevent the rain and take out Illumise, you've gone beyond bruteforcing it haha

That's exactly what I mean. You need a plan to either prevent the rain or exploit it, or else rockslide anorinth grinds your entire team to dust.

As I was writing my earlier comment, I thought "hey, I kinda brute-forced it in the rain with Power Gem Ampharos..." But then I remembered that I specifically trained a Swift Swim Aqua Jet Floatzel to nuke down Anorinth before it could act, and even then Aquaranid made it kinda iffy.

I'm trying to remember. What did she have before Araquanid? Was it the steel Warmadam. I still recall having some awful times anyway before finally getting that Illumise down. (Although I seem to recall her returning it in several of my earlier attempts. Somehow AIs always work better when they know they face me. 😛 )

• Global Mods
42 minutes ago, Feng Lei said:

I'm trying to remember. What did she have before Araquanid? Was it the steel Warmadam. I still recall having some awful times anyway before finally getting that Illumise down. (Although I seem to recall her returning it in several of my earlier attempts. Somehow AIs always work better when they know they face me. 😛 )

Yeah it was wormadam, and judging by the mirror shot, trash wormadam seems right.

While it is true that many people had underestimated Shelly on their first try, i think she is not as difficult as you make it sound. All you really need burst through her entire team are

1.) Meowstic with the moves Fake Out and Charge Beam

2.) Ampharos with Thunder Punch and Power Gem to replace Meowstic once it gets KO'd

3.) Any halfway decent fire type Pokémon that takes the second slot for this double battle.

And that is just one simple method of dealing with her. Of course you could try other tactics, but this one always works without much preparation.

1 minute ago, ShogokiX said:

1.) Meowstic with the moves Fake Out and Charge Beam

which so far Ttar doesn't have. And I don't think he will have a Fake Out mon by the time he fights Shelly, seeing as he didn't get either the skitty or the glameow and doesn't have a meowth. Even if he got one, he'd also have to know what strat Shelly's going to use so he could Fake Out illumise's Rain Dance, but he'd need to have quite the foresight to guess that right out the bat.

I don't know if you guys remember their first playthrough but I used to get bodied at every boss battle. The fact that we can get past challenges is only because we know their teams and can come up with a proper gameplan.

I think this guy is good at pokemon because despise being in easy mode (the game feels so different with a blaziken), he is making his way step by step. Even if he loses, he would offer a entertaining show by playing the game with teambuilding like we all did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

guys he isn't even at the grass gym yet do we really need to talk about his chances against shelly XD. I honestly would like it if there was minimal  comments about how hes going to lose here or how hes going to lose there we don't know what his team will be like/how much preparation he will have