TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

1 hour ago, LEVELELEVEN said:

Currently watching his Insurgence nuzlocke, and I think he's operating under the rule that he's only allowed to get a single static encounter in any area, which probably won't work all that well with a game like Reborn, where the static encounters are pretty much essential. 

Even so he would still be allowed 3-4 static Pokémon at this point:

The only statics in Opal Ward are the Pachirisu/Zigzagoon that is a Ziggy for him, and the Panpour/Pansear under the Opal Bridge.

As for Lower Peridot Ward he had the most possible choices, being Whismur, Espurr/Minccino, Blitzle, Teddiursa, Kricketot and Gulpin before Julia. Plus Onix and Numel after Julia. But he got Gulpin, so that's out.

If you count the Alleyways as a seperate place (which he did), the Tynamo in the Lower Peridot Ward Alley is still possible for him.

And lastly the northern part of the Peridot Ward, where he could obtain Igglybuff, Surskit, Joltik/Grubbin or Budew. Plus Snubbul/Stufful (Snubbul for him) after Florinia. And if you count trading of course the Munna.

2 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Even so he would still be allowed 3-4 static Pokémon at this point:

The only statics in Opal Ward are the Pachirisu/Zigzagoon that is a Ziggy for him, and the Panpour/Pansear under the Opal Bridge.

As for Lower Peridot Ward he had the most possible choices, being Whismur, Espurr/Minccino, Blitzle, Teddiursa, Kricketot and Gulpin before Julia. Plus Onix and Numel after Julia. But he got Gulpin, so that's out.

If you count the Alleyways as a seperate place (which he did), the Tynamo in the Lower Peridot Ward Alley is still possible for him.

And lastly the northern part of the Peridot Ward, where he could obtain Igglybuff, Surskit, Joltik/Grubbin or Budew. Plus Snubbul/Stufful (Snubbul for him) after Florinia. And if you count trading of course the Munna.

he also did not get his wild encounter for Peridot ward

but if he dont get the Kricketot, Florina will thrash him

You also Forgot the Zangoose that could appear in any of the alleys

5 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Why am expecting him to lose at least 2 of his Pokémon in the upcoming "boss fight"?

Also he's cutting so many battles....how do we know he didn't already get one of his mons wasted during one of the cut battles?

Aaaaaanyway~

The way he keeps using only 1 or 2 Mons he might be in REAL trouble once he faces Julia.....IF he even makes it past the "boss fight" of the Mosswater Factory in the next part XD

And someone might want to tell him that he didn't get any of his static encounters up till now....except for Gulpin, which IS technically a static encounter, even though it's not visible....it's always there and you can't get a second one out of that trash bin.

But i guess i won't tell him.....i want to see his face once he realises how much he underestimates this game^^

He has an overleveled combusken I trust he can obviously sweep the grunts the upcoming rockruffs dont have a weakness on him and he has double kick unless he's level 21 he's fine for that fight

Ttar Reborn drinking game

Here's what my current rules would be:

1 shot

He pronounces Ame as Amm

Repeats the name of the location he needs to get to in succession (Factory, gym, poke centre, poke mart, ____ Ward, etc) - for each time he repeats it after his 3rd time

Calls a decent pokemon trash

Every time he likes a somewhat unlikable character

Nearly gets blown back by a regular trainer 

Each failed attempt at a puzzle

2 shots

Catches a shiny

Whenever he takes back a rule

Just focuses on leveling one mon - once per episode

Each time he misses references to mature themes - Drugs, sexual stuff, etc

Down you drink

Loses the nuzlocke

Nearly swept due to ignoring field effects

And with those drinking game rules you end up a drunken corpse after just one episode^^

Jokes aside, i am still holding on to my statement that Ttar won't make it past the Taka+ZEL battle in Beryl Ward. If he doesn't get wasted even before that. He may be able to make it past Aster and Eclipse and their 2 Rockruffs if he uses his Combusken, but he may also lose one or two of his other Mons first....

Well, that's what you get for leveling only one or two of the Pokémon on your team.

1 hour ago, ShogokiX said:

And with those drinking game rules you end up a drunken corpse after just one episode^^

Jokes aside, i am still holding on to my statement that Ttar won't make it past the Taka+ZEL battle in Beryl Ward. If he doesn't get wasted even before that. He may be able to make it past Aster and Eclipse and their 2 Rockruffs if he uses his Combusken, but he may also lose one or two of his other Mons first....

Well, that's what you get for leveling only one or two of the Pokémon on your team.

Do remember that the grunts before them has Lunatone, Solrock and Minior so he might just get wasted there.

2 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

Do remember that the grunts before them has Lunatone, Solrock and Minior so he might just get wasted there.

ah, the Minior. the mon that gave nexus some mild Flashbacks once it came back on screen. He never talked shit on it again...

"This is our pet dog and we're never gonna let her die" You named her after the right person then :^)

I'm not much into youtubers so I've actually (once again) never heard of this dude before, but I just watched the three episodes he has out, and I think I like him so far. If he stays this excitable after getting through a few of the harder battles, it'd be great.
He's trying to follow the story and makes an effort to explore things, that's really all I want from people doing playthroughs of Reborn.

Consider me interested.

Since he does play a nuzlocke i wonder how many times he will slip up and either don't catch a Pokémon even if he still could, or catch a Pokémon even if he already did capture one in that place. Reborn can be confusing about that at times.

Some people do count the back alleys as seperate locations, some don't, and places like seacrest garden and the pool are technically both in Lower Peridot Ward, so he can't catch a Pokémon in both places....

Also i wonder how long it will take for him to realise the importance and tactical use of Common Candy.

7 minutes ago, DemICE said:

It is a known fact that the more well known youtubers are actually bad at the game and can't handle anything more than main series difficulty.

Yeah I swear every poketuber who has somewhat of a following I feel like would suck if they played this game on their first try.

8 hours ago, nepeta100 said:

uh 

6 hours ago, Majin J-Awesome_One said:

Probably just means he lost the nuzlocke.

Well......People DID tell him NOT to do a nuzlocke on his first playthrough.... He probably got his butt handed by the Solrock+Lunatone battle.

16 minutes ago, DemICE said:

It is a known fact that the more well known youtubers are actually bad at the game and can't handle anything more than main series difficulty.

Isn't that quite normal that people who do let's plays to fail at the games they play? Like standing around (or running in circles) for half an episode because they can't figure out where to go next...

Or like messing up the easiest boss fights even after the game explicitly told them what they have to do?

I always thought THAT is the reason why people watch let's plays....to make fun of how bad they are at the games....