TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

42 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

Hahaha....

Sometimes i ask myself whether Fern really thinks he is that big of a deal, or if he's just begging to be murdered XD

In my opinion Fern is the weakest among all recurring characters in Reborn. Also he bullied Shelly! He's just asking for punishment!

Eh, I feel like as a hate sink he does his job perfectly well. He easily out-Garys Gary. There's never been a time I wasn't super stoked to kick his butt lmao

1 hour ago, ShogokiX said:

Hahaha....

Sometimes i ask myself whether Fern really thinks he is that big of a deal, or if he's just begging to be murdered XD

In my opinion Fern is the weakest among all recurring characters in Reborn. Also he bullied Shelly! He's just asking for punishment!

Isnt it implied that he has an infeority comlex? 

Spoiler

Void him pretty much spells it out.

1 hour ago, ShogokiX said:

Hahaha....

What about Roadblock?

3 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

Hide contents

Void him pretty much spells it out.

You find this out at mansion gauntlet.

17 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

15 minutes ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

You find this out at mansion gauntlet.

You don't even need to play that far to find out^^ You can clearly see his inferiority complex by the time you fight him before your gym battle vs Florinia. It's already pretty much obvious even at the point you first meet him.

2 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

You don't even need to play that far to find out^^ You can clearly see his inferiority complex by the time you fight him before your gym battle vs Florinia. It's already pretty much obvious even at the point you first meet him.

Then why did you say this lol "Sometimes i ask myself whether Fern really thinks he is that big of a deal"

2 hours ago, nhehvnukl said:

Then why did you say this lol "Sometimes i ask myself whether Fern really thinks he is that big of a deal"

Do i really need to spell this out for you?

Yes, it is obvious that Fern has an inferiority complex. That still doesn't change the question whether he just acts like a big shot in an attempt to hide his issues, or if he lied to himself so much that he actually believes the things he says about being the top dog and the cool cat in town. If you repeat the same lies over and over you might forget it's a lie, even though you were the one who started it.

33 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

Do i really need to spell this out for you?

Yes, it is obvious that Fern has an inferiority complex. That still doesn't change the question whether he just acts like a big shot in an attempt to hide his issues, or if he lied to himself so much that he actually believes the things he says about being the top dog and the cool cat in town. If you repeat the same lies over and over you might forget it's a lie, even though you were the one who started it.

Ah, so thats what you meant. Sorry, I didnt really get that was what you tried to say somehow...

Had time to watch the whole video, he really did walk right past the department store 😢

Well it's good that we finally have a youtuber who actually looks at the field effect guide!  He missed four of them though, and one of them is for Florina's field which he's REALLY gonna want to see.  Maybe a 🕵️‍♂️ should tell him about those... and the fact that he can use common candies, too.

30 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

Ah, so thats what you meant. Sorry, I didnt really get that was what you tried to say somehow...

Yeah, but in the end that is what an issue like that can do to a person....having any kind of complex can really do a number on your personality. I happen to know someone with a serious complex about her height....That girl goes full Edward Elric if you call her little/small/tiny XD

28 minutes ago, Eagleby18 said:

Well it's good that we finally have a youtuber who actually looks at the field effect guide!  He missed four of them though, and one of them is for Florina's field which he's REALLY gonna want to see.  Maybe a 🕵️‍♂️ should tell him about those... and the fact that he can use common candies, too.

True, but some of the Field Effect Read-Outs are (more or less) well hidden. The one for Desert Field in the Onyx Trainer School for example. You have to talk to that one guy specificly while standing on the right side next to him. If you talk to him from above what would make you think he would say or do anything different if you stand to the right side and talk to him again?

Edited by ShogokiX

Yeah, I should clarify that I don't want Ttar to fail for the sake of failing, I just want him to do a basic run of Reborn. But if he really truly has more fun playing nuzelocke... though honestly I don't really see how he could on the first playthrough. It creates too much stress. But I guess he does get the adrenaline rush of pressing that Tiki button. 😉

Yeah, I always miss the field effect guides too. I still have never found the circus guide. Though I do recall in my first playthrough I did in fact collect most of them somehow.

2 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

True, but some of the Field Effect Read-Outs are (more or less) well hidden. The one for Desert Field in the Onyx Trainer School for example. You have to talk to that one guy specificly while standing on the right side next to him. If you talk to him from above what would make you think he would say or do anything different if you stand to the right side and talk to him again?

I'm not faulting him for missing them, just saying he needs to find them if he's so dead-set on this challenge mode where he has to win every fight on his first try.  If he doesn't read the Desert Field notes in particular, he risks:

> Losing Tiki to field-boosted Sand Tomb because he didn't even consider it'd be a threat, especially if he doesn't notice the Super Potion guy

> Losing someone to an attack he didn't expect to be field-boosted, like Needle Arm or Pin Missile

> Missing out on Kiki's Sand Attack being actually useful for once

And that's just for his next fight, much less the rest of the game.

I am faulting him for missing the department store though it was my big chance to be relevant and he walked right the frick past it

I'm 90% sure he'll lose someone in the Florinia fight. She's actually one of the earliest difficulty spikes in the game, I'd even say she's the first real challenge, since she's the first boss to actually make good use of the field effects. Julia has the Electric Field in her battle but she barely exploits it's effects, so he probably thinks that they don't affect battles that much. Since he hasn't gotten the Desert Field Note, he'll probably be caught off guard by some of it's effects. I can see him losing either Belly or Kiki to Florinia.

Well, i guess not many people would expect a GRASS type team to be centered around the Sand Tomb move. So yeah, as soon as he pushes that Tiki Button he might be in for a nasty surprise.

Okay, to be fair...If he uses the telecommunicator Ame would tell him XD

But unless he does, he won't expect Florinias so called "Desert Rose" strategy.

I think he'll read the Ame terminal at least--she's his waifu, after all 😛

yeah but seriously I really hope he leads with Jacques or something, just so Sand Tomb doesn't immediately douse his tiki torch.

also I wonder what he'll say to the longest battle text line in the game:

x used nature power! Nature power turned into sand tomb! X used sand tomb! The field boosted the attack!

• Global Mods
7 hours ago, Eagleby18 said:

I'm not faulting him for missing them, just saying he needs to find them if he's so dead-set on this challenge mode where he has to win every fight on his first try.  If he doesn't read the Desert Field notes in particular, he risks:

> Losing Tiki to field-boosted Sand Tomb because he didn't even consider it'd be a threat, especially if he doesn't notice the Super Potion guy

> Losing someone to an attack he didn't expect to be field-boosted, like Needle Arm or Pin Missile

> Missing out on Kiki's Sand Attack being actually useful for once

And that's just for his next fight, much less the rest of the game.

I am faulting him for missing the department store though it was my big chance to be relevant and he walked right the frick past it

Uh, where is the super potion guy specifically? y'know, just out of curiosity.

6 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

Uh, where is the super potion guy specifically? y'know, just out of curiosity.

I think blond guy close to nurse joy in the Onyx Academy

I like watching him react to everything story-wise but even more battle-wise every time something odd occurs. He knows how to adapt to though situations.

I wonder how far we will go at this pace. Taka's Chatot is a threat to his team and frightens me. Like a lot.

zzzz these mixed signals
one moment he'll be like "no one died" and dissing wonga and I'll be cross with him, then he'll go "I wanna meet ZEL again" and I'm like yeah actually this lad is a nice young man I respect him

rip wonga

he did really well with rini's battle! that was nice to watch, despite the death.
tho i'm not sure why he'd consider badge number a spoiler, seeing how it's advertised on the game page