Evil Interceptor?

Magus543

So i just did the alternate ending of the Hidden Library finale, and jeez, that was dark, i basically killed both Karrina and Karen, and i totally know it's going to backfire. Anyone know what Karrina dropped though? Anyway, the fact that this game has Karma points, and that it is a legit option to have Melia who is unambiguously heroic say she doesn't trust us.(Thank you huh? glitch) if we have too low a trust with her, and all the other questionable acts we are given, is this game building up to a branching finale? According to the scene with Melia and Erin in the library, the interceptor is called upon as a JUDGE not a savior of the world, and we can see that Melia and Erin are worried about the implications. It this going to be like Shin Megami Tensei iv Apocalypse, Undertale, or Soul Nomad's demon path, where we can go evil and fight against our former companions? Melia being the main hero to our villain protagonist in this hypothetical scenario, would be EPIC, i mean we have fought against Melia and Aelita this patch, so it's not entirely unfounded. Plus the Ghost's comments during our little coma in V11 does alter depending on our karma meter i believe, it reacted positively on my playthrough where i picked all the heroic actions, and negatively in my other run. I am however curious to see what would happen if you have low karma but with high relationship points with our friends, i'm just assuming it makes the infighting more heartbreaking on the friend's side.

I could be horribly wrong though, we were given a chance to side with Team Bladestar, and both choices led to the same route, so it's entirely possible we save the planet despite being a jerk.   

Edited by Magus543

You know I don't think a lot but this time, you made me really think 

So as the interceptor don't we have the choice of just going between good and evil, no matter what?

Edited by NullCat

I much prefer the way Raidou Kuzunoha and some other games tackle this. Its not about how we deal with the situation, we HAVE to deal with it, but mostly why. Good/evil split is shit, i would much more prefer clashing reasons or clashing opinions on how to deal with the situation, thus determining who do we side with. 

1 hour ago, Magus543 said:

So i just did the alternate ending of the Hidden Library finale, and jeez, that was dark, i basically killed both Karrina and Karen, and i totally know it's going to backfire. Anyone know what Karrina dropped though? Anyway, the fact that this game has Karma points, and that it is a legit option to have Melia who is unambiguously heroic say she doesn't trust us.(Thank you huh? glitch) if we have too low a trust with her, and all the other questionable acts we are given, is this game building up to a branching finale? According to the scene with Melia and Erin in the lirbrary, the interceptor is called upon as a JUDGE not a savior of the world, and we can see that Melia and Erin are worried about the implications. It this going to be like Shin Megami Tensei iv Apocalypse, Undertale, or Soul Nomad's demon path, where we can go evil and fight against our former companions? Melia being the main hero to our villain protagonist in this hypothetical scenario, would be EPIC, i mean we have fought against Melia and Aelita this patch, so it's not entirely unfounded. Plus the Ghost's comments during our little coma in V11 does alter depending on our karma meter i believe, it reacted positively on my playthrough where i picked all the heroic actions, and negatively in my other run. I am however curious to see what would happen if you have low karma but with high relationship points with our friends, i'm just assuming it makes the infighting more heartbreaking on the friend's side.

I could be horribly wrong though, we were given a chance to side with Team Bladestar, and both choices led to the same route, so it's entirely possible we save the planet despite being a jerk.   

As for the branching path thing, isn't there a route where Florin is executed in? Anyone knows what happened there?