About a certain crest.

enderowl

Spoiler

So, I got the Infernape crest after doing the Goomink (I like the reference to Legend of Zelda) and I'm just confused on what it suppose to do?

Like, what does it mean by swaps attacks and defenses?

And as for "why is it not OP like other crests", Pokemon that are already strong are more likely to get a crest that changes their game style or is more of a sidegrade than an upgrade compared to something that desperately needs something as massively powerful as something like Ledian Crest's effect.

I wouldn't exactly say that something already sporting Taunt, Encore, Torment, Will-o-Wisp, Fake Out, and Slack Off with what's already available in Rejuvenation, and the ability to grab Stealth Rock, U-Turn, and Toxic once those become available, I wouldn't exactly say that infernape has no support options- it's just currently limited to being Doubles support at the moment.

The only real shame I see in its kit is that it doesn't have access to Baton Pass at all- seeing as its line learns both Calm Mind and Nasty Plot by Level-Up, I'd say that would've been a real nice trick to have up your sleeve!

• 1 month later...