Pokemon Rejuvenation Randomizer Patch V12

Haru,,

• Developers

Heyy y'all

This post will now be locked as I have now completely recoded the randomizer.

I have turned it into a challenge pack with loads of other challenges.

You can find that pack here!

Hey y'all~

This time, I'm bringing to you a Randomizer option for Version 12 of Pokemon Rejuvenation!

Huge thanks to @Amethyst and @andracass for some technical workings inside the code and shoutouts to Rei over at the PokeCommunity Forums for the basic concept.

All credits and instructions on installation are included the README file included in the download.

Features:

• Fully random generation of Pokemon
  • Seeded generation of Pokemon, Movesets, TMs, and Abilities.
  • Rift Pokemon, Two special Pokemon, and Legendary Pokemon stay true to their original formes, but may have different moves and abilities
  • You can now nickname your Pokemon directly from your Party
  • Any Pokemon with special effects in battle, such as Crests or Mega Evolution will be randomized to a separate Pokemon with a Crest or Mega Evolution, respectively
  • Mono-Type runs! Let your run be restricted to only Pokemon of a specific type, or multiple types if you desire!
  • Options to set the run to only catch Pokemon that apply to your settings or to just fill your entire PC with your selected typing(s).

Changelog:

Spoiler
  • Combine the randomization of Movesets and TMs (The way they are coded makes it so it's extraordinarily tedious and difficult to separate them. If someone wants to take the time to do that, good on them,  however I will not be doing this).
  • There will be 3 NPCs who will display your seed. One will be in Gearen Laboratory, one in the Grand Dream City Central Building, and one in Eclysia Pyramid (After the events that occur there). This NPC will also give you the option to reset your seed (SEE BELOW).
  • For people on the first version of the randomizer, you may reset your seed ONCE in case there are any errors you may have that aren't automatically fixed by this update.*
  • The options for starting a randomized run will be getting slightly reworked:
    • Moves and TMs will be getting combined
    • Adding an option to only randomize player encounters
  • Pokemon will no longer have duplicate moves.
  • Multi-turn attacks now function properly.
  • When learning a TM or a new move, all visual bugs are now fixed. It will show the proper move description and display a move when teaching through a TM or leveling with Rare/Reverse Candies.
  • Rift Pokemon no longer randomize.
  • Pokemon and Moves now properly randomize, meaning the Pokemon ID can no longer be 0, and Move ID will no longer be 0 or 569.
  • The new Crest Pokemon are now included in custom randomization.
  • Gift Pokemon no longer crash the game.
  • Abilities can now finally be randomized!**
  • You may now input a seed for each of the four settings, Default, Pokemon, Moves, and Abilities.***
  • Fixed an error where the game may crash due to wrong amount of arguments.
  • Mono-types added!
  • Fixed a pesky little bug that would keep options selected after selecting them. (Yikes!)
  • The randomizer actually works again! Horray!

*This will change all TMs, movesets you already know of, and all encounters if you are running the game seeded. I recommend starting a new save to save yourself trouble.

**You will need a new save for this to take effect, even if you had selected it previously.

***Only available when starting a new save.

Known Bugs:

Strikethrough means fixed in the next update.

Red means game-breaking.

Yellow means potentially game-breaking, but is avoidable/can be worked around.

Green means visual bug/does not affect performance/will not break the game.

Spoiler
  • A Pokemon may have duplicate moves where there shouldn't be any move. For example, a Gligar only knows Poison Sting at level 1, however after randomization it has Frost Breath/Work Up/Work Up/Work Up
  • When a Pokemon uses Transform, it will only copy the stat changes
  • Any gift Pokemon (Including Starters, Eggs, and Static encounters) in a mono-run do not yet always adhere to the rules laid out in the start.

Download Links (Original):

Google Drive

Dropbox

Saves from the Version 11 randomizer will NOT continue to have randomized Pokemon in them. I have modified how the program handles the randomization (slightly) causing old saves to be incompatible. 

Mono-Type runs ALSO require a NEW save file. They can also only be started if you have selected a randomizer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

is it possible to limit the random generation to pokemon acquied by the player, but keep opponent teams intact?   because while obtaining random shit  sounds fun,  i would want to try them on the intense mode fights instead on randomly generated teams.

• Developers
1 minute ago, DemICE said:

is it possible to limit the random generation to pokemon acquied by the player, but keep opponent teams intact?   because while obtaining random shit  sounds fun,  i would want to try them on the intense mode fights instead on randomly generated teams.

I believe so! I can add it to my list of things to look into!

• Thanks 1

• Developers
32 minutes ago, ArcBolt27 said:

is this compatible with the modular modpack or not yet?

I have never used that modpack before, so I honestly have no idea.

Just now, HauDareYou said:

I have never used that modpack before, so I honestly have no idea.

considering what u just said i'd take a wager and say its highly unlikely................. also i just started using it and i noticed it also said abilities are not yet implimented (or something to that effect) into the randomizer.................... and tho i hate to be "that guy" im curious to ask when it would happen

• Developers
Just now, ArcBolt27 said:

considering what u just said i'd take a wager and say its highly unlikely................. also i just started using it and i noticed it also said abilities are not yet implimented (or something to that effect) into the randomizer.................... and tho i hate to be "that guy" im curious to ask when it would happen

Unfortunately I do not have a time slot, as I had planned it to be released before this weekend when I went on vacation, but it refused to actually work, so I decided to disable it until I figured it out.

So, I've found 2 things that need to be looked into.

Spoiler

1029403995_Screenshot(1115).png.b9ba30e585accacc72cd0546737855b0.png

First: This was originally supposed to be rift Gyarados, but as you can see it was completely randomized to a Flareon. (Of course, it keeps the name of the rift.) Not sure if it was intentional or not, but i'm sure this isn't supposed to happen.

Spoiler

476509388_Screenshot(1116).png.d4ac6228eb0cf91cb069ece68e746fa3.png

And second: Not sure if this is for all the event mons, but after said event unfolds, before you get the mon in question, it gives a script error and crashes the game.

Edit: Lemme rephrase this. Sometimes when you start up a battle, you get a script error which then proceeds to close the game. Gonna assume that's normal.

Edited by UnkleUno

• Developers

Thanks for the reports guys!

These bugs should be fixed in the next few weeks, with a way to reset the seed to fix these bugs. I'm surprised at some of them, but no worries!  Everything will be in working order!

i had noticed a couple things as well.................. seems a lot of the pokemon when randomizing moves will use bide and then be able to act normally afterwards and not have the 2 turn bide storage as normally intended.............. and im not sure if this was a vanilla v12 bug or not but completing the "battle me" sidequest proceeding to turn in the side quest will come up with an error then crash the game

edit: it seems any pokemon recieved via an NPC wether it be for a side quest or just as a gift will crash the game not just the "battle me" quest reward

tfw in the randomizer u go against madelis as melia and u get into a situation like this: mna1LuG.png  oh and mind you bounce is bugged in the randomizer in the sense of after using bounce u follow up with sticky webs even if u dont know it and never do damage from what the bounce normally is

its also worth noting a good few of the pokemon in the randomizer are also effectively punching bags much like a certain encounter towards the end of v12 which i wont name due to spoilery reasons tho that could possibly be because they may not be actually implimented yet tho im unsure as usually by the time i get to the 7th gym roughly i personally have repels on at all times........... also much like bide and bounce i believe all 2 turn attacks are having this issue as dive results in the second turn being used for leafage and who knows otherwise for other moves that work on a 2 turn formula

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developers
6 hours ago, lordkillroy6667 said:

ok how the fuck do you activate the randomizer cause it aint working

Well you need to have enabled it when prompted while starting a new game

um when choosing seeded randomization i chose the pokemon and moveset/TM options yet im getting the starters not being randomized as well as still having duplicate moves and im not sure why 😕

note i did this off of a fresh placement of the files into a new folder for the randomizer specifically so.....................

also it didnt let me input a seed either

its also worth noting that despite numerous new games and selecting the same options to be randomized and even choosing a different character name not only is the above true but every pokemon i choose also has the same setup each file regardless of it being different seeds

• Developers

Different character names have nothing to do with it. It seems I made another typo causing the randomizer to actually turn off? No clue how it even happened, but it is fixed now (you will need a new save).

As for the inputting a seed, I decided to leave that out for now but never updated the Changelog. My bad~

So, is the seeded randomizer just bugged now? Cause the only thing that was randomized were the moves. Started a new save just to test it out and uh, starters, wild mons and trainer mons aren't randomized at all. (Other than their move sets of course.)

Edited by UnkleUno

• Developers
5 hours ago, UnkleUno said:

So, is the seeded randomizer just bugged now? Cause the only thing that was randomized were the moves. Started a new save just to test it out and uh, starters, wild mons and trainer mons aren't randomized at all. (Other than their move sets of course.)

I had fixed it before you posted this, please download the new patch!