About the androgynous Player characters.

Hi, i just started this game, and i have a question about the silver haired PC. Disclaimer: I'm not too familiar with the gender identity or transsexual or non-binary cultures, i've never met a transsexual, but i have a friend who who identifies as demigirl( my friends words not mine) so bear with me on this one. I picked girl at the start and then picked the silver haired PC, now after lurking on this site for a bit, Apparently the silver haired one is the gender neutral one? Does picking a girl make any PC i pick a girl, even the ones who are clearly guys? Or are the genders set, because the game keeps calling me they? Also does the Silver haired one have a gender and is merely androgynous and you are allowed to decide for yourself or do they not have a gender?   

• Global Mods

There used to just be two sprite options for each of the 3 gender options available, but as of V11 and onward, you can now pick any sprite/gender combination you wish. The dialogue just uses gender-neutral terminology everywhere (for now at least) for the sake of development simplicity.

• Like 1

My understanding is that gender is a spectrum that humans use to identify themselves with.  Gender is present only in humans.  When identifying animals, make or female is referred to as their sex. Humans also have a biological sex, but can identify as any part of the gender spectrum.

As for the silver person being androgynous, I’d assume that’s what xe is canonically (if xe were an NPC instead of the player), but you can still choose the gender you want.

Don’t quote me on any of this.  As I said, this is just my understanding.  I could be completely wrong.

I picked one of the sprites that was canonically male and asked the game to refer to me as female. The game will usually call you by "they" since that's how they dealt with it before the split, but in other instances (such as Samson & Radomus' place) they'll call you female.