The decay of Team Xen.

Magus543

Team Xen were introduced in this game as a frighteningly effective force, attacking our boat trip, experimenting and killing various Pokemon by turning them into Shadow and Rift Pokemon, and basically being a terrorist organization. The Admins have made an impression, Madelis murders Keta, leads the production of Shadow Pokemon, throws a Shadow Mewtwo on us, turns a baby Volcanion into a rift, forcing us to mercy kill it, and almost murders everyone in Sheridan. Neved works multiple people in Blacksteeple castle, tortures Aelita and basically is a jerk, Geara needs no introduction, and Nastasia lead Deoxys to attack Valor shore,ETC. But now it seems all of a sudden they become incompetent, like the Deathwings who kidnap us at akuwa town, are used as props and in one case in V12, as a literal blockade to stop us from going to Xen HQ, and in general not doing much and taking a backseat to Bladestar. 

Hell Madelis is a walking reminder of how far you can fall as a villain, after Zetta, she made a damn good impression as a villain, murdered Keta, made Mewtwo a slave, and generally establishes the threat and how low Team Xen can sink, now look at her: She wastes a perfectly good opportunity to kidnap Melia at the resort to play fangirl to Tesla with a nonsensical plan involving kidnapping her daughter for some reason, and even gives us a chance to get a Ralts, is reduced to being Cassandra's slave, hides in fear of us at GDC, and is publicly humiliated at the GDC ball and runs away crying. I'm curious where the Dev team is going with this, do they want us to sympathize with Madelis? Because personally, after what she did in the early game, i'm finding her current state to be karmic and hilarious. Are they trying to make like a redemption story for her? That's the feeling i'm getting, all of a sudden, in V12, she saves Melia instead of kidnapping her on the spot to give to Madam X, and then it's hinted she has a tragic backstory involving her sister named Lisbeth(which would imply her codename Madelis is a combination of her name and her sister, which makes no sense considering her surprise and jab at Kenneth's code name being a combination of Kenneth and Taelia.  If giving Madelis a Heel-Face turn as Tv Tropes would say, the Dev team is going to have to do a LOT to convince me, Madelis has a lot of blood on her hands, and i want to see how Aelita would react to her as of now. 

Come to think of it, the story so far is trying it's best to make you like the Team Xen admins, we see Nastasia's backstory and instead of being the cold professional villain we'd expect, she's become a stereotypical tsundere and even helps save Venam for no reason other than to be nice to presumably Ren? Despite Venam staying as a statue would probably be beneficial to Xen as it would leave their supposed target Melia with one less defender, then again, Nastasia has been going behind her boss's back, so it's possible she's not really evil? Granted she did order an attack on Valor shore, judging by the fact, it's the Deoxy's who invade. 

Geara is also shown in this version, and he's been split into 1000 pieces and is in constant pain, after Crescent tossed him into a teleporter, and i'm also confused at what the devs want us to feel, Sympathy? joy? Because my first reaction was " you brat, this is exactly what you deserve for killing Nim, Jenner, and me. '' Honestly hoping Nastasia doesn't restore him but we still have a score to settle with him.

I also feel Madam X suffers decay too, in her first appearance, she was the game's first true hopeless boss fight, i played blind, so when i got to her, i genuinely felt the helplessness that the Dev team wanted me to, and of course she kills our mom. Next time we see her, she saves our life for some vague reason, is forced to team up with us, and outwitted by a child. But her crowning moment of decay is in V12, on top of the pyramid. So she arrives, right after we take care of Flora, but unlike last time, We aren't fighting alone, and we are stronger now, Aelita encourages us, we get ready, EPIC MUSIC PLAYS, and...it's a cutscene boss. And not a really convincing one either, because neither Aelita or the MC pull out their pokemon, it just looks like we are shaking a bit, and then this somehow scares Madam X into backing away from us, and then Madam X is defeated by a comic relief character from a side quest. Surfer duo are somehow more competent villains than her in this scene, and i'm not 100% sure they are villains or if they really are working with her. 

I dunno, maybe Xenpurgis will put them back in the spotlight and show why they are the main villainous team. 

Edited by Magus543
  • Like 1
  • Hmm 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Magus543 said:

Team Xen were introduced in this game as a frighteningly effective force, attacking our boat trip, experimenting and killing various Pokemon by turning them into Shadow and Rift Pokemon, and basically being a terrorist organization. The Admins have made an impression, Madelis murders Keta, leads the production of Shadow Pokemon, throws a Shadow Mewtwo on us, turns a baby Volcanion into a rift, forcing us to mercy kill it, and almost murders everyone in Sheridan. Neved works multiple people in Blacksteeple castle, tortures Aelita and basically is a jerk, Geara needs no introduction, and Nastasia lead Deoxys to attack Valor shore,ETC. But now it seems all of a sudden they become incompetent, like the Deathwings who kidnap us at akuwa town, are used as props and in one case in V12, as a literal blockade to stop us from going to Xen HQ, and in general not doing much and taking a backseat to Bladestar. 

Hell Madelis is a walking reminder of how far you can fall as a villain, after Zetta, she made a damn good impression as a villain, murdered Keta, made Mewtwo a slave, and generally establishes the threat and how low Team Xen can sink, now look at her: She wastes a perfectly good opportunity to kidnap Melia at the resort to play fangirl to Tesla with a nonsensical plan involving kidnapping her daughter for some reason, and even gives us a chance to get a Ralts, is reduced to being Cassandra's slave, hides in fear of us at GDC, and is publicly humiliated at the GDC ball and runs away crying. I'm curious where the Dev team is going with this, do they want us to sympathize with Madelis? Because personally, after what she did in the early game, i'm finding her current state to be karmic and hilarious. Are they trying to make like a redemption story for her? That's the feeling i'm getting, all of a sudden, in V12, she saves Melia instead of kidnapping her on the spot to give to Madam X, and then it's hinted she has a tragic backstory involving her sister named Lisbeth(which would imply her codename Madelis is a combination of her name and her sister, which makes no sense considering her surprise and jab at Kenneth's code name being a combination of Kenneth and Taelia.  If giving Madelis a Heel-Face turn as Tv Tropes would say, the Dev team is going to have to do a LOT to convince me, Madelis has a lot of blood on her hands, and i want to see how Aelita would react to her as of now. 

Come to think of it, the story so far is trying it's best to make you like the Team Xen admins, we see Nastasia's backstory and instead of being the cold professional villain we'd expect, she's become a stereotypical tsundere and even helps save Venam for no reason other than to be nice to presumably Ren? Despite Venam staying as a statue would probably be beneficial to Xen as it would leave their supposed target Melia with one less defender, then again, Nastasia has been going behind her boss's back, so it's possible she's not really evil? Granted she did order an attack on Valor shore, judging by the fact, it's the Deoxy's who invade. 

Geara is also shown in this version, and he's been split into 1000 pieces and is in constant pain, after Crescent tossed him into a teleporter, and i'm also confused at what the devs want us to feel, Sympathy? joy? Because my first reaction was " you brat, this is exactly what you deserve for killing Nim, Jenner, and me. '' Honestly hoping Nastasia doesn't restore him but we still have a score to settle with him.

I also feel Madam X suffers decay too, in her first appearance, she was the game's first true hopeless boss fight, i played blind, so when i got to her, i genuinely felt the helplessness that the Dev team wanted me to, and of course she kills our mom. Next time we see her, she saves our life for some vague reason, is forced to team up with us, and outwitted by a child. But her crowning moment of decay is in V12, on top of the pyramid. So she arrives, right after we take care of Flora, but unlike last time, We aren't fighting alone, and we are stronger now, Aelita encourages us, we get ready, EPIC MUSIC PLAYS, and...it's a cutscene boss. And not a really convincing one either, because neither Aelita or the MC pull out their pokemon, it just looks like we are shaking a bit, and then this somehow scares Madam X into backing away from us, and then Madam X is defeated by a comic relief character from a side quest. Surfer duo are somehow more competent villains than her in this scene, and i'm not 100% sure they are villains or if they really are working with her. 

I dunno, maybe Xenpurgis will put them back in the spotlight and show why they are the main villainous team. 

Now,I think that Team Xen is very weakened:

-Zetta is Crescent's Pokémon and Puppet Master's grunt;

-Geara is in 898 pieces of 1000;

-Nastasia helped us to heal Erin and Venam,and I think she'll be more soft,thanks to Ren;

-Madelis is one of Cassandra's servants and she helped Melia to escape from Amanda-bot

-Madame X is now on MC's level,so she was supposed to be defeated by MC,Aelita and Melia,before the Surfer Duo appeared.

P.S.:In my run,Mc and Aelita fought against Madame X(Cutscenes)and Melia came to helped us.

2 hours ago, Magus543 said:

Spoiler

"And not a really convincing one either, because neither Aelita or the MC pull out their pokemon, it just looks like we are shaking a bit, and then this somehow scares Madam X into backing away from us, and then Madam X is defeated by a comic relief character from a side quest"- As Madame X said, she lost too put on a sense of complacency and considering the fact that Aelita and Melia didnt notice the illusions, it worked. Make no mistake: at that fight, we lost. Delpha and Adam had to pull through and clutch us a victory.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nhehvnukl said:
  Hide contents

"And not a really convincing one either, because neither Aelita or the MC pull out their pokemon, it just looks like we are shaking a bit, and then this somehow scares Madam X into backing away from us, and then Madam X is defeated by a comic relief character from a side quest"- As Madame X said, she lost too put on a sense of complacency and considering the fact that Aelita and Melia didnt notice the illusions, it worked. Make no mistake: at that fight, we lost. Delpha and Adam had to pull through and clutch us a victory.

Moreover,it's so strange that she never use her Yveltal(Except at Blacksteeple),because probably we can fight him:it was at 90 meanwhile our Pokémon are at 85.

In my run I haven't that sidequest NPC,so only Melia helped MC and Aelita to "defeat" Madame X...

P.S.:I think that Madame X isn't the real "villain"...why she helped Maria in the past or help MC to "save" Kugearen from Maid's orb?

1 hour ago, Fredzard said:

Moreover,it's so strange that she never use her Yveltal(Except at Blacksteeple),because probably we can fight him:it was at 90 meanwhile our Pokémon are at 85.

In my run I haven't that sidequest NPC,so only Melia helped MC and Aelita to "defeat" Madame X...

P.S.:I think that Madame X isn't the real "villain"...why she helped Maria in the past or help MC to "save" Kugearen from Maid's orb?

Madame X has her reasons for her actions, but dont forget that she was completely ready to kill off all of Blacksteeple prisoners for her goals.

3 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

Madame X has her reasons for her actions, but dont forget that she was completely ready to kill off all of Blacksteeple prisoners for her goals.

Yep.In fact,after that,she knows that we are in "her way",but we are important for the story,so she could kill us whenever she wanted,but she never do it.

Edited by Fredzard

1 minute ago, Fredzard said:

Yep.In fact,after that,she knows that we are in "her way",but we are important for the story,so she could kill us whenever she wanted,but she never do it.

While I will acknowledge the decay of them as an active threat, due to a mixture of the story functionally telling them that we & our friends need to be kept alive, and the fact that their top people need to have actual superpowers and legendary/ultra beasts pokemon to remain a visible threat. I will say Madame X not killing us was probably because before she was acting under the assumption that we were one of the lights that Melia is. This no longer the case with her identifying us as the interceptor and just walking away with just letting us know that. I have interpreted that and her lack of attempts to kill us since Blacksteeple might be due to the fact that with her current powers she might not think she's able to. She also probably doesn't want to trigger an interceptor awakening with her victory being what gets shut down. Also if you cheese her in Blackstepple, her losing dialogue implies that she's working for someone.

1 hour ago, samael.d.h. said:

While I will acknowledge the decay of them as an active threat, due to a mixture of the story functionally telling them that we & our friends need to be kept alive, and the fact that their top people need to have actual superpowers and legendary/ultra beasts pokemon to remain a visible threat. I will say Madame X not killing us was probably because before she was acting under the assumption that we were one of the lights that Melia is. This no longer the case with her identifying us as the interceptor and just walking away with just letting us know that. I have interpreted that and her lack of attempts to kill us since Blacksteeple might be due to the fact that with her current powers she might not think she's able to. She also probably doesn't want to trigger an interceptor awakening with her victory being what gets shut down. Also if you cheese her in Blackstepple, her losing dialogue implies that she's working for someone.

"Father i have failed you" Also, interceptor dying seems to cause "the core" to take damage, which doesn't sound like a good thing, so that might be related.

10 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

"Father i have failed you" Also, interceptor dying seems to cause "the core" to take damage, which doesn't sound like a good thing, so that might be related.

Yeah,I've used Debug to have in my team a Gengar and a Donphan with Sturdy,Endeavor and Ice Shard,only for see what would happen if I defeat Madame X.

Yeah,I've used Debug to have in my team a Gengar and a Donphan with Sturdy,Endeavor and Ice Shard,only for see what would happen if I defeat Madame X.

That doesn't work now as her Yveltal has decimation, a move that is a 1hit ko, ingores abilities and has high piority. Only quick guard really wins against her. That or protect spam. I recommend replaying rejuvenetion as a lot of new stuff has been added between releases.

2 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

That doesn't work now as her Yveltal has decimation, a move that is a 1hit ko, ingores abilities and has high piority. only quick guard really wins against her. That or protect spam. i recommend replaying rejuvenetion as a lot of new stuff has been added between releases

Nope.It worked ahah...Yveltal has only Decimation,so he struggled when my Gengar(Cursed Body)fainted.

Just now, nhehvnukl said:

Ah, I see. That makes sense. I didn't really think about cursed body. 

Now,talking of Madame X's Yveltal...I think if Melanie is connected in strange ways with Madame X?

Both have Yveltal with Decimation(not a canon move),they refers to this "Father",and Madame X wasn't there when Melanie's Yveltal appeared...she appeares when Melia defeated it.

Now,talking of Madame X's Yveltal...I think if Melanie is connected in strange ways with Madame X?

Both have Yveltal with Decimation(not a canon move),they refers to this "Father",and Madame X wasn't there when Melanie's Yveltal appeared...she appeares when Melia defeated it.

She's actually in the shot that Yveltal appears in. 6:13

but yeah, that is why everyone believed Madame X is Melia, but like, she has black hair and red eyes so that theory is busted. Considering the fact that Melia is Maria reincarnated or something of the sort, that means that Melanie dad is Vitus. What does that mean for Madame X? Idk. Also, friendly reminder that in the present Indriad is fused with Anju and is plotting something.

4 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

She's actually in the shot that Yveltal appears in. 6:13

Oh,sorry,I remembered that she wasn't there,because she falled in Melanie's trap and I thinked that she appeares later.

Edited by Fredzard

Oh,sorry,I remember that she wasn't there,because she falled in Melanie's trap and I thinked that she appeares later.

"But yeah, that is why everyone believed Madame X is Melia, but like, she has black hair and red eyes so that theory is busted. Considering the fact that Melia is Maria reincarnated or something of the sort, that means that Melanie dad is Vitus. What does that mean for Madame X? Idk. Also, friendly reminder that in the present Indriad is fused with Anju and is plotting something."

1 minute ago, nhehvnukl said:

"But yeah, that is why everyone believed Madame X is Melia, but like, she has black hair and red eyes so that theory is busted. Considering the fact that Melia is Maria reincarnated or something of the sort, that means that Melanie dad is Vitus. What does that mean for Madame X? Idk. Also, friendly reminder that in the present Indriad is fused with Anju and is plotting something."

Oh,the last part I didn't know it:I thinked that Present Anju was Indriad's prisoner

Yeah, its a missable cutscene. Angie is actually anju+ Indriad fused somehow. Also the Mansion is time travelling or some shit, else the timeline makes no sense, particularity the fact that Anju in the mansion isn't old. 

Also, wtf is up with Yveltal?

1. He's the counterpart of Xerneas, the mascot of Reju (even though there's literally no mention of him whatsoever but nvm that for now)

2. he's with Taelia attacker, even though Red haired girl said that there was no collaboration between them, which means either:

A- red haired girl has betrayed Madame X.

B- Yveltal was owned by someone else at the time.

B is more likely since Madame X doesn't seem to recognize Aelita or Keta at all- hell, Madelis makes him an admin and she's fine with that.

Speaking of the soul eraser, Narcissia actually witnessed the culprit of the wispy tower burning- its a girl with black hair and a black dress, and she smiled cruelly at Narcissia as she vanished. Despite the hair fitting, that doesn't sound like Madame X at all to me. Also, can we speak about the fact that Vitus apparently died there? Even Geara thinks he's dead.

3. We get this info in Xen backup lab:

"???: Yveltal. Height: 19'00. Weight: 447.5 lbs. Type: Dark/Flying. Ability: Dark Aura. The Yveltal is the key. The Yveltal is how he knows. Yveltal is how he spies. He stalks us."

"???: Upon the death of Yveltal, it sucks the life force from every living thing around it and then reverts into a cocoon. I believe that this is his trap. It's a fail safe. A way to get back if all else fails. I have to find a way to destroy Yveltal while also preventing the impending doom that is a result of its own demise. If I can do that, then I win."

absolutlly no clue who this is, but notice how he refers to Yveltal owner as a "he". Madame X father maybe?

30 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

Its still speculation, it could mean it not in a literal sense. It could be just a metaphor for Indriad invading Anju's mind and planting a different personality in her. Dont use random conjectures as facts and confuse others.

1 hour ago, Cyphre said:

Its still speculation, it could mean it not in a literal sense. It could be just a metaphor for Indriad invading Anju's mind and planting a different personality in her. Dont use random conjectures as facts and confuse others.

Tbh I never thought about it like that. That is indeed a possibility. But like, planting a different personality? If anything he probably corrupted her. He had a while to do so, after all.

4 hours ago, nhehvnukl said:
  Hide contents

Just a reminder, Angie introduces herself as Angie THEOLIA, I honestly don't think it's possession, more like some sort of corruption perhaps of memories?, as Cyphre brings up, because if Vitus did possess Angie, he(she?) would have recognized Melia when they interacted, more so when Melia turned into Maria for a few seconds. 

Also, no Madam X is not future Melia or anything, recall in the bad future, there is a lot of drama surrounding the fact two people in the same time cannot co-exist for too long, and the overlapping drama is between Melia and Melanie, not Madam X at all. That would mean, Madam X has no connection to Melia as a counterpart.

Also regarding the cutscene fight, it;s a common trope to have the bad guy claim they lost because they got too complacent, i personally think, Madam X was trying to save face,heh, but yes while we did lose, it was not because of Madam X, but the Surfer duo and their illusions, so Madam X's decay still applies. 

And really, i'd like to discuss where Madelis's character is going from here, any thoughts? 

9 hours ago, nhehvnukl said:

Yeah, its a missable cutscene. Angie is actually anju+ Indriad fused somehow. Also the Mansion is time travelling or some shit, else the timeline makes no sense, particularity the fact that Anju in the mansion isn't old. 

Also, wtf is up with Yveltal?

1. He's the counterpart of Xerneas, the mascot of Reju (even though there's literally no mention of him whatsoever but nvm that for now)

2. he's with Taelia attacker, even though Red haired girl said that there was no collaboration between them, which means either:

A- red haired girl has betrayed Madame X.

B- Yveltal was owned by someone else at the time.

B is more likely since Madame X doesn't seem to recognize Aelita or Keta at all- hell, Madelis makes him an admin and she's fine with that.

Speaking of the soul eraser, Narcissia actually witnessed the culprit of the wispy tower burning- its a girl with black hair and a black dress, and she smiled cruelly at Narcissia as she vanished. Despite the hair fitting, that doesn't sound like Madame X at all to me. Also, can we speak about the fact that Vitus apparently died there? Even Geara thinks he's dead.

3. We get this info in Xen backup lab:

"???: Yveltal. Height: 19'00. Weight: 447.5 lbs. Type: Dark/Flying. Ability: Dark Aura. The Yveltal is the key. The Yveltal is how he knows. Yveltal is how he spies. He stalks us."

"???: Upon the death of Yveltal, it sucks the life force from every living thing around it and then reverts into a cocoon. I believe that this is his trap. It's a fail safe. A way to get back if all else fails. I have to find a way to destroy Yveltal while also preventing the impending doom that is a result of its own demise. If I can do that, then I win."

absolutlly no clue who this is, but notice how he refers to Yveltal owner as a "he". Madame X father maybe?

Plus,when we meet Braixen in the cove of our new friends,Braixen(except find that there is another castle behind Blacksteeple)found some Anathea's books...if this means something?

Probably,Madame X's Father is someone important?I think we'll obtain answers in future versions.

7 hours ago, Magus543 said:

Just a reminder, Angie introduces herself as Angie THEOLIA, I honestly don't think it's possession, more like some sort of corruption perhaps of memories?, as Cyphre brings up, because if Vitus did possess Angie, he(she?) would have recognized Melia when they interacted, more so when Melia turned into Maria for a few seconds. 

Also, no Madam X is not future Melia or anything, recall in the bad future, there is a lot of drama surrounding the fact two people in the same time cannot co-exist for too long, and the overlapping drama is between Melia and Melanie, not Madam X at all. That would mean, Madam X has no connection to Melia as a counterpart.

Also regarding the cutscene fight, it;s a common trope to have the bad guy claim they lost because they got too complacent, i personally think, Madam X was trying to save face,heh, but yes while we did lose, it was not because of Madam X, but the Surfer duo and their illusions, so Madam X's decay still applies. 

And really, i'd like to discuss where Madelis's character is going from here, any thoughts? 

I think she'll continue to be Cassandra's Servant,but I don't know what will happen after she saves Melia

11 hours ago, Magus543 said:

Yeah, I didn't really think about whole the "not recognizing Melia" thing, so its probably corruption, but then, where the fuck is Vitus? Angie has his past servants and in the last time we seen him in the present, he was present in the Wispy Tower burning and according to Gaera actually fucking died. Like, what? 

She literally repairs the damage she received in seconds, and both Melia and Aelita agree that they lowered they're guard later, so I really dont think she's decaying at all but lets agree to disagree on that one.

1 minute ago, nhehvnukl said:

Yeah, i dint really think about the "not recognizing Melia" thing, so its probably corruption, but then, where the fuck is Vitus? Angie has his past servants and in the last time we seen him in the present, he was present in the Wispy Tower burning and according to Gaera actually fucking died. Like, what? 

She literally repairs the damage she received in seconds, and both Melia and Aelita agree that they lowered they're guard later, so I really dont think she's decaying at all but lets agree to disagree on that one.

We should note Angie failing to sacrifice Melia is what triggers her mental breakdown, so perhaps there is struggle going on her in mind? It's interesting to note, Angie has someone inform you about strategy just like Vitus does when we fight Maria, sure it's a gameplay mechanic but still.

In regards to Madam X, she was outsmarted by a little girl, and not with some complicated trick or anything, but a goddamn trap door. That's hilarious, and not something you'd want to associate with the Big Bad or one of them at least. But I'm a tad disapointed, we don't get another rematch with her, like the duel with Solaris at Fiore Mansion, it's a serious missed opportunity to reduce her to a cutscene boss. That said, i'm now more worried about the Surfer duo, because they've been putting a better performance and having a much threatening presence than Madam X has recently. But wait, repairs the damage? last i checked she left with a broken mask, and she mentions her suit is actually limiting her, kinda like Darth Vader. But hey, we'll see if Xenpurgis brings her back some credibility.  

Speaking of Melanie, anyone know why she's suddenly British?

Just now, Magus543 said:

We should note Angie failing to sacrifice Melia is what triggers her mental breakdown, so perhaps there is struggle going on her in mind? It's interesting to note, Angie has someone inform you about strategy just like Vitus does when we fight Maria, sure it's a gameplay mechanic but still.

In regards to Madam X, she was outsmarted by a little girl, and not with some complicated trick or anything, but a goddamn trap door. That's hilarious, and not something you'd want to associate with the Big Bad or one of them at least. But I'm a tad disapointed, we don't get another rematch with her, like the duel with Solaris at Fiore Mansion, it's a serious missed opportunity to reduce her to a cutscene boss. That said, i'm now more worried about the Surfer duo, because they've been putting a better performance and having a much threatening presence than Madam X has recently. But wait, repairs the damage? last i checked she left with a broken mask, and she mentions her suit is actually limiting her, kinda like Darth Vader. But hey, we'll see if Xenpurgis brings her back some credibility.  

Speaking of Melanie, anyone know why she's suddenly British?

She repairs her mask easily afterwards. Do you need a link for that? Also, Melanie is Maria, a girl who knows advanced caculus while she's 10, so like, im willing to cut her some slack even if the trick is simple.