Lore in v12

Goblinpat

Obligatory spoiler warning.

I've compiled a list of the lore you can read/interact with in v12. This includes the dive spots in Aquamarine Cave/Route 6, the Xen Backup Lab, and Route 11, as well as Zone Zero. I might go back later and add some stuff from side quests, but we'll see. I'd recommend going to all of the spots yourself, because you can get items in each of them and I don't want to spoil the surprise of reading everything. The list below is just an easy way to review everything in one place. I'm also not going to give specifics on how to access these places, which is a discussion for another thread. That being said, enjoy! 

Route 11:

Spoiler

There's the Spring Maintenance for the Spring of Preservation, but that doesn't have anything to read in it.

Xen Backup Lab:

Spoiler

Yveltal's Demise

Spoiler

"???: Yveltal. Height: 19'00. Weight: 447.5 lbs. Type: Dark/Flying. Ability: Dark Aura. The Yveltal is the key. The Yveltal is how he knows. Yveltal is how he spies. He stalks us."

"???: Upon the death of Yveltal, it sucks the life force from every living thing around it and then reverts into a cocoon. I believe that this is his trap. It's a fail safe. A way to get back if all else fails. I have to find a way to destroy Yveltal while also preventing the impending doom that is a result of its own demise. If I can do that, then I win."

There's also a model of Yveltal in its cocoon form.

The Archive:

Spoiler

The Core: Project Interceptor

Spoiler

"Long have humanity fought the ties of destiny itself. Some don't even believe in its existence, but everything happens for a reason. Is this the act of God? Perhaps the act of the universe itself? The world is similar to that of programming. It's commanded to follow a set of commands and instructions. But what if we were able to intercept these commands? Rewrite what was already written? What if someone not from this world would appear? What set of instructions would the system give to deal with such a predicament? Is it capable of dealing with such an extraneous variable? That's why we've created The Core. A series of pillars and conduits that rest beneath the Earth's surface. When The Core senses a presence outside this world's, the pillars will unearth themselves. This will-" The rest of the text appears to be missing...

Interceptor's Limits

Spoiler

"Although the Interceptor acts as an exception to the Core's design, it is not omnipotent. They can only travel through the universe where the Core exists. If the Interceptor were to stray too far from the Planet, they would lose consciousness. Therefore they are not fit to undergo the project based at Eclysia Pyramid. If the Interceptor were to perish, the Core would take damage. In the event that the Core is too heavily damaged, the Interceptor shall cease to exist. Please note to any Interceptor subjects: You do not live outside the realm of mortality. Fail too many times, and that will be the end."

The Archetype's Influence

Spoiler

"Today the Archetype was brought into the lab. While it's still in its prototype stage, we're confident that this will be enough to succeed. Brave volunteers have stepped forward to be put under its influence. Many of the volunteers who interacted with the Archetype soon fell to their demise, regrettably. However, those who didn't showed interesting side effects. The Archetype has a weird characteristic that can only be described as "possession". While under its influence, subjects had their physical appearance undergo certain changes. Some of the subjects reported that their eyes, hair, and sometimes even skin turned to a certain shade of gold. We've tested the removal of the Archetype's influence as well. Results were overall positive, but inconsistent. Some had their original physical appearance restored, whereas some kept the alterations. We don't know why the human body reacts this way, but it's something we're determined on figuring out."

Legendary Bond

Spoiler

"Human immortality is something we've discussed and even attempted at many times before. Why do creatures known as "Pokemon" live far longer lives than humans? It seems, as previously theorized, that Pokemon and humans share a common ancestor. Using the Archetype's power, we were able to unleash the hidden potential of certain subjects. We are able to awaken a gene inside of a human that brings forth their primitive instincts and form. The result of this, subjects have turned into Pokemon themselves! And not regular beings either. Beings that have dominance over time, space, and anti-matter. No further testing has been done at this time."

Zone Zero:

Spoiler
Spoiler

One of the plants in Nymiera's house says it seems to have been watered recently.

Patient Records:

Spoiler

Records_9.png.61db61ec12855d15ca062d83a7c37ba2.png

REN: This... record belongs to Anathea?! But wait a minute, something's wrong here... There's info here that I don't really think is correct? I guess I've only really seen her spirit, but I remember her having blonde hair. Says here that she was the mother of four children, too. But that's weird... Anathea was desperate when it came to her daughter named Maria. But if she had more children, wouldn't she be worried about them too? Or maybe they're fine? That's why she didn't-- Okay, I'm looking way too into this.

• Veterans

Terajuma. You'll have to do a certain puzzle starting at a dive spot in Aquamarine cave in order to reach the switch you need to press to access the place though, so you'll have to look around a bit!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2019 at 5:29 PM, Zumi said:

Terajuma. You'll have to do a certain puzzle starting at a dive spot in Aquamarine cave in order to reach the switch you need to press to access the place though, so you'll have to look around a bit!

Is it near the place where u locate the horsea?

• Veterans
1 minute ago, JK’S said:

Sorry for asking again, is it the door behind it, or the different door (the ones with the arcues logo

Neither! It's a secret exit somewhere :^)

1 hour ago, Zumi said:

Painful, but just makes me want to play the game even more😂

1 hour ago, Zumi said:

Is the entrance to the archive in the aquamarine ruins?

1 hour ago, JK’S said:

Is the entrance to the archive in the aquamarine ruins?

It’s ok now, I had found out I got the secret exit and got water memory already but I couldn’t find the dive spot but I did, love the lore inside the archive 

That's an interesting bit about Yveltal.

Referring to a "him" linked to the Yveltal implies that Vitus might not be currently in Yveltal's form, but instead Vitus is dormant somewhere since Yveltal's been captured by X.

Alternatively, Team Xen is wrong about their conclusion, and that Vitus, X's enemy, is in fact in her Pokeball the entire time.