Follower Mod REJUVENATION V12

Romy

Pokemon Revuvenation V12"WIP"

If this date is more recent then when you downloaded this mod it means it got a fix.

18:56 14.07.2019:

https://mega.nz/#!Dg9GkYqb!ri-W7BC1fWK9Ox2DCq1BLjABrCQejllHrgbQd3gSASY

This is the complete folder you can start the game from it and continue your save.

It works the same as the old V9 mod.

You can trigger the event at any nures or Healing Machine, circle through the Pokemon with "A" and dissable it at any silver hair NPC in every PokeCenter.

Completly based on his work!!!!!! I did nothing but little things to make it work for V12.

Credits go to him and his team:

Help to improve:

This  is also marked as WIP because I did not check every PC or healing station for bugs. Especialy if you die and respawn.

If you find any healing station that makes your game crash after fainting please report  to me, in this topic, which PC or healing station

made you crash so I can fix it. Im also on discord.

Problems:

Non known to me right now.

Also please know that english is not my main language. Im open for every correction regarding spelling and grammer.

Hope I did nothing wrong :c

• Like 4

yay now I can walk around in rejuv with my favorite mon, Furret, right behind me

ty, I was thinking of doing something like this but then I realized that I was incompetent and I couldn't figure it out because im stupid and dumb 😞

40 minutes ago, Alisae said:

yay now I can walk around in rejuv with my favorite mon, Furret, right behind me

ty, I was thinking of doing something like this but then I realized that I was incompetent and I couldn't figure it out because im stupid and dumb 😞

I had the same thought but It realy isnt hard to do IF you know where to look. (I know, easy to say, right?)

It is pretty much A LOT of copy paste work. and some changed numbers.^^

But im glad you like it

Yo

so I tried to edit the pokemon text file in the PBS

this happens with any edit, even if you don't actually change anything, but basically, I tried to load the game from rpgmaker via playtest

you get this

9wbk2x.png

then this

2kcfi1.png

then this

glxmxt.png

and also this

deoev3.png

then this

p6oskz.png

4 hours ago, Alisae said:

Yo

so I tried to edit the pokemon text file in the PBS

this happens with any edit, even if you don't actually change anything, but basically, I tried to load the game from rpgmaker via playtest

you get this

9wbk2x.png

then this

2kcfi1.png

then this

glxmxt.png

and also this

deoev3.png

then this

p6oskz.png

I have no idea what you did there xD

1 hour ago, QuarkStar said:

I love this mod, but I can't use fly when I have followers enabled which makes it pretty difficult to get around.

Fly.png

hmmm that might be fixable ill look at that tomorrow

@Alisae I'm going to take a wild guess you do not have the V12 PBS file which could cause a lot of problems. You'd need whatever the most current version Jan used to make V12 functionable to made edits to PBS type data.

@QuarkStar I'll take a peak but there may need to create an override code to get around so people can fly. Can someone give me a heads up if a follower (like a human following around with you) is ever outside of a building or cave?

Edit: Try commenting out Pokemon Hidden moves lines 1000-1002 (mostly the return false line). That may solve the flying issue but that's where your problem lies. Just want to see what happens as if we have a type of solution making criteria will be pretty easy for this override.

5 hours ago, Commander said:

I'll take a peak but there may need to create an override code to get around so people can fly. Can someone give me a heads up if a follower (like a human following around with you) is ever outside of a building or cave?

In case you need it, this is the fix I had put in the E17 compatibility patch between SWM and the Follower mod:
(This code should prevent the pokemon from being counted when checking if you're with someone else)

Spoiler

class Game_Player < Game_Character
  def pbHasDependentEvents?
  #####MODDED
    #This should forbid escape ropes with partner trainers but not with follower mons
    events = $PokemonGlobal.dependentEvents
    count = events.length
    for i in 0...events.length
      if events[i] && events[i][8]=="Dependent"
        count = count-1
      end
    end
    return (count>0)
  #####/MODDED
    #####MODDED, was return $PokemonGlobal.dependentEvents.length>0   
  end
end

SO I got a savefile from someone with fly and all I get is the message I dont have enough badges...

but i fixed that and now i can fly perfectly fine with follower out.

51 minutes ago, Alisae said:

Question:
Would it be possible to take one of the follower sprites and turn that into a player sprite?

Are you asking for someone to simply follow behind you? There's actually a simpler way but it would require editing the game. Do you mind describing what you want to do a bit more? (unless you want to summon a trainer in and out of a Pokeball which might be hilarious)

25 minutes ago, Commander said:

Are you asking for someone to simply follow behind you? There's actually a simpler way but it would require editing the game. Do you mind describing what you want to do a bit more? (unless you want to summon a trainer in and out of a Pokeball which might be hilarious)

No just changing the player sprite to a pokemon

2 minutes ago, Alisae said:

No just changing the player sprite to a pokemon

If you're asking about a specific Pokemon to lead then the best option would just to be change the sprite file of the player to the Pokemon you want. A better solution for the player following behind would be a PBAddDependant(EV#) with an event with the sprite you want to follow behind. 

https://essentialsdocs.fandom.com/wiki/Partner_trainer

This is roughly what you're looking for (ignore the first section about pbRegisterPartner). You'll come across issues when using Surf and Lava Surf, obviously but that's just a little bit of a gateway to get what you're looking for.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GriffinO1 said:

A crash typically occurs soon after healing in the first gym, and before it crashes, you follower will be invisible.

I can't really speak on behalf of Rejuv but it sounds like the code is trying to dismiss said Pokemon then bring it back through a nonexistent event (nonsense to anyone but a dev). In layman's terms, it's trying to do something that doesn't exist causing the error and crashing. I'm only in charge of Redux and Redux only but freely will share any coding or changes I made to anyone who asks. I've been busy house sitting with a large amount of chores sucking up my time so I haven't touched it in a while. Still working on the editing side so I haven't touched too much. I think I have a way to solve the switching protag problem but that's going to be near the end of my cycle and not anything you guys have to worry about. I'm not doing it in Redux as that requires editing all 800 maps.