Follower Mod Reborn E18

Romy

Pokemon Reborn E18 Following Mod "WIP"

If this date is more recent then when you downloaded this mod it means it got a fix.

07.04.2020:

https://mega.nz/file/L0NX2Koa#y66wEWOXwAo4lb6GPrGkhXH5Ia_ROeaeQEBJnbaqB-4

This is the complete folder you can start the game from it and continue your save.

It works the same as the old E17 mod.

You can trigger the event at any nures circle through the pokemon pressing "A" and dissable at the silver hair NPC in every PokeCenter.

Completly based on his work!!!!!! I did nothing but little things to make it work for E18.

Credits go to him and his team:

Help to improve:

This  is also marked as WIP because I did not check every PC or healing station for bugs. Especialy if you die and respawn.

If you find any healing station that makes your game crash after fainting please report  to me, in this topic, which PC or healing station

made you crash so I can fix it.

Problems:

-The orphanage Event does cause you to get stuck so please disable your follower before entering the Orphanage in Lapis Ward.

-There also might be problems in scenarios where you team up with an NPC. But the Commander is working on that!

-Talking to you following Pokemon causes a second event with an espeon to trigger. If you just press No, nothing will happen and you can play just fine. If you click yes you just have to click again to continue play just fine.  FIXED

Also please know that english is not my main language. Im open for every correction regarding spelling and grammer.

Hope I did nothing wrong :c

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

And before anyone bombards me with questions or reports stuff, I'm merely helping to get this functional and maybe a bit more streamlined, but I am not an official member of this. Not to throw PersonThing under the bus, but I have like zero notes from him so it's simply a minefield trying to figure out why something may crash as I'm unaware of what scripts sections were touched that may resolve the error. If I can get all of that sorted out, we should be golden for an E19 version cross your fingers. And if anyone asks if I'll make this SWM compatible. Oh hell no. If it works with it, great, but I'm just trying to figure this all out. I'm just here to help with stuff someone starting out may stumble and fall. And I want to leave it in a state anyone picking it up shouldn't need to ask me questions.

Let's go into one change I teased in the discord server. With PersonThing's version of Reborn, your follower was given to boot to make it so your partner for a segment is the only one following behind you. Person had a bit of trouble with this so I took a look and just did a "What if" since I don't want to be searching through every event that causes a character to leave you to reactivate the Follower Mon and then deactivate when they rejoin you. So since I'm lazy, we now have this:

unknown.png?width=678&height=574

Is it the most beautiful thing? Probably not but now you can talk to both you and your Pokemon though the latter is much more difficult right now. The bigger thing is that now you never have to worry about going back to a PC to turn on the feature (you will need to deactivate it when migrating your save). Also ignore that Decibel in the corner. That was my dummy to get this thing working. "But what if I don't want a Pokemon out while I'm with someone?" that one guy will ask. Press ctrl. It'll solve your problem. I'm a man more of convenience over how things look.

And as for if this will be compatible with Redux (I know I'll get that question eventually), let's just get this in a working state before talking about that. If I can get it done without a massive amount of effort, I will. But I do need a few things from you guys to make this process easier. If you could PM or DM any save file when you have somebody walking around behind you (Fern, Victoria, Aya, ect) that'd really help out when testing and verifying this stuff is functioning properly. The other thing I need to know is what areas don't have unique dialogue which does include E18 areas like Route 4, Glass Factory, ect. It's not a priority but it's just for good note taking in case anyone else is willing to jump on board. There is an error that's driving me nuts while trying to recreate this mod which is my first priority (as if we can't get this to work with E19 then the point of reviving this is null). 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, smeargletail said:

has this turned into another dead project? big sad

I mean I'm tinkering with the system a bit but work on it is slow. I have the core system done and will make a tutorial on it once I finish. Though there are 2 major things that are causing issues which is beyond my skill level to fix as it would require giving the follower the same properties as the player character. Not game breaking but annoying. Adding it to Redux gets priority merely because I need a very small group for testing it first.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know I'm a few months late, but I still wanted to thank you for doing this. I kind of wish this was in the actual game. I think it would lighten up the dark atmosphere of this dark game. Because no matter what happens your pokemon will always be by your side, literally. The thought of it warms my heart - even though it's a bit cheesy.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Umm.. sorry. I have a problem here.
I downloaded and opened this mod (or actually game?) and it worked just perfectly.
It's great, but there's some things i don't like so i decided to got back to the original version of the game.
But when i opened the original game, there's an error like this...
"Script 'Game_CommonEvent' line 27: NoMethodError occured
unfined method 'trigger' for nil:Nilclass"
image.png.2862ac442dfd1300fc7116c502aa772d.png
The screen goes black, and the game closed immediately.
Have i saved on the follower-mod version of the game? Yes. I did.
Is this a probloem with the saved file in my PC?

Please help me with this error 😢 
I really wanna go back to the original one.
Thanks.

1 hour ago, Kunisada said:

Umm.. sorry. I have a problem here.
I downloaded and opened this mod (or actually game?) and it worked just perfectly.
It's great, but there's some things i don't like so i decided to got back to the original version of the game.
But when i opened the original game, there's an error like this...
"Script 'Game_CommonEvent' line 27: NoMethodError occured
unfined method 'trigger' for nil:Nilclass"
image.png.2862ac442dfd1300fc7116c502aa772d.png
The screen goes black, and the game closed immediately.
Have i saved on the follower-mod version of the game? Yes. I did.
Is this a probloem with the saved file in my PC?

Please help me with this error 😢 
I really wanna go back to the original one.
Thanks.

Nevermind. I already solved this by using save backup. I read a thread about it few ago.
Maan. This game has this kind of feature, how awesome!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/14/2019 at 6:53 PM, we38we38 said:

Sorry I got a problem, I cannot open it to play follower reborn, I double click game.exe it doesn't respond, but the normal reborn version and ep17 follower reborn can open on my computer

My game also won't respond when I try to open it.

Edited by Lady Taria

• 4 weeks later...

When i started a new game with this, it opened and it was working well but then when i chose my starter and defeated the purple hair dude and went over to battle with the rival girl the game just freezed. I couldn't do anything. It happened right after the dialogue with her, right about to battle with her. Shame. I'm gonna try to do this part of the game without the mod and then install it to see if it fixes it. If it doesn't it's a problem with episode 18, not the mod.

FYI folks, I'm assuming the follower version is now out of date as the game was updated to 18.2 in January. 

That being said, I reported this as it's own thread but it's probably best reported here that I had to stop using the follower version before this because 'Fly' can't be used outside of battle even after earning the Suspension Badge. The "a new badge is required" error persists. 

I hope the follower is fixed and updated as I quite enjoyed it. 

Edited by Devilish

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 9/5/2020 at 4:42 AM, Saicher said:

Can someone who's downloaded it upload it to google drive or something and provide the link? That would be awesome

here you go. https://mega.nz/file/L0NX2Koa#y66wEWOXwAo4lb6GPrGkhXH5Ia_ROeaeQEBJnbaqB-4
If your game crashes during story events. Remove the follower by talking to the npc near, I hope, every healing station. Play the sequence without follower or with the original game without this mod.

But just FYI, I did not change or fix anything from my last release. This is just a reupload, because some people asked here and in DM. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Developers

I was considering looking into it but the main problem is that the download isn't really just the mod but rather the entire game and even other mods such as the SWM pack. I would need to see the actual changes this mod itself brings in order to do anything with it.