[OFFICIAL Q&A] Ask the Rejuvenation dev team!

Zumi

So i've been replaying v12 from the beginning, and there was a small event with a blue model of Erin when you enter Magnolia library, blue hair, blue clothes, in the very beginning, and i think it was already there in v11. 

Is it some leftovers from previous versions and should not be in the game? Or is it actually part of the story? 

Also is there a chance of more people appearing in the game as NPC's as a result of some sort of maybe contests or lottery or smth like Ice Cream Sand Witch? 

• Veterans
6 minutes ago, krim said:

Any chance of certain crests being made available earlier?

Some of them seem really fun, but having to wait 70 levels for certain mons to be usable is a bit....oof. Im specifically thinking of stuff like Ledian that are available early, and can't contribute very much or fill a niche even at it's highest evolution (especially as the game progresses and gets harder). 

My next intense run was going to be a bug mono with Ledian + crest as my starter once the PBS files are released, so that's what got me thinking. It'd be nice if I didn't have to "cheat" to do stupid fun stuff like that lol

(I don't actually mean giving them *that* early, but you know what the intention is).

So fun fact, Inuki did a playthrough JUST like that, when we were thinking of putting Ledian's crest earlier.

There's a reason why it's so late.

The main purpose for them is to make weaker Pokemon actually usable in the end-game anyways. A majority of these from my experience have some decent use earlier on and then fall off(Looking at you my boi Dedenne 😔.) There's one or two that I think could be earlier but the vast majority don't really need that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jan said:

As for Crests, they're an idea I came up with at the end of v10. It started because I forced myself to play with Delcatty on a personal playthrough of Emerald. It was so bad that I wished there was something in the game similar to Pikachu's Light Ball to make it viable. Then I decided to look up if there were anything similar to the Light Ball and came across the Mystery Dungeon series. Apparently they have Pokemon specific items that act as passive buffs? I thought that was really cool and decided to bring it to Rejuv. I had no idea how people would receive this mechanic because it'd be bordering on the fine line of fake megas (Even though technically fakemon do exist). 

It's why some of the early crests were so basic. Just stat increases. We wanted to test the waters with it first before we did anything too drastic. 

Surprisingly, people love them. Which is great because I love Crests too. Not as much as Griselda, though. That's just unhealthy. 

Oooh, that's interesting~! I always did personally how the drifblim-specific items were able to pump it up a bit without forcing it to lose its Unburden access (I swear that Ability was busted in PMD2), though I'll admit that I didn't think of this mechanic specifically until I found out that the Silvally Crest was reworked to more greatly resemble the base mechanic. Though now I'm wondering if the king of Iesei (I think I misspelled that >_>;) would've had any significant role in the worldbuilding prior, aside from maybe being the ruler of yet another currently nameless kingdom.

On a different note, is there any particular reason why Zygarde doesn't seem to have taken any action to stop the Calamity? It's kinda the sort of thing it's supposed to stop, after all.

• Developers
8 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

So i've been replaying v12 from the beginning, and there was a small event with a blue model of Erin when you enter Magnolia library, blue hair, blue clothes, in the very beginning, and i think it was already there in v11. 

Is it some leftovers from previous versions and should not be in the game? Or is it actually part of the story? 

Also is there a chance of more people appearing in the game as NPC's as a result of some sort of maybe contests or lottery or smth like Ice Cream Sand Witch? 

They're just cameos before their official appearance! It's the same Erin but with blue hair. She likes to dye her hair. Flora, Jenkel, Rune, Huey, Dylan all have appearances like this.

Just a little something I did to make the world feel more alive, and that these characters actually exist before their debut. 

I have an NPC reward on my patreon, but I'm not opposed to doing something like a lottery or a contest for something like that. We'll see. There's a lot more NPCs that need to be made :]

I looked at the badges in the pictures of the game and I realized that the 16th and 17th 1 are very similar in design just with the different colors. Is it possible this might be like a double Gym Battle where you fight the (obvious) Dark and Fairy Gym Leaders and receive both of their Gym Badges upon their defeat?

1 minute ago, Jan said:

They're just cameos before their official appearance! It's the same Erin but with blue hair. She likes to dye her hair. Flora, Jenkel, Rune, Huey, Dylan all have appearances like this.

Just a little something I did to make the world feel more alive, and that these characters actually exist before their debut. 

I have an NPC reward on my patreon, but I'm not opposed to doing something like a lottery or a contest for something like that. We'll see. There's a lot more NPCs that need to be made :]

Thanks for clarifying, because her blue outfit and hair really confused me. Literally everyone else looks exactly the same, and Erin dont recognize you later, unlike Saki. 

Will Zetta be relevant again? He is my personal favorite character and it really sucked how he was basically written from the story. He is one guy i absolutely wanna save and befriend. 

Is there a reason we cant get more than 6 character sprites as a choice? I feel like girl characters are made way better and guy sprites are extremely generic and underwhelming, while i loved some of the previous ones, the one with long red hair in particular. Will we be able to get more character choices or is it final?

Was there a particular reason Protagonist wont have romance options nor some VN-like routes in the end? I personally think this is something community will support wholeheartedly and the choice to exclude it just baffles me. 

Also personal question, its no secret that time travel is a bi**h to write as a plot device and it leaves an astounding amount of plotholes, what was your thought process when including this? Werent you afraid this would cause problems in the long run?

Hello, while I can´t say it´s difficulty curve is perfect, I do think it has been really enjoyable  so far, without been too fustrating (most of the time)

In V13, given that you plan to introduce the mega-ring and we already have access to a good number of the most powerful and competitive pokemon/tm/items. 

How do you plan to keep the game difficulty without recurring to ¨cheap difficulty¨? With all the tools that we will have I imagine it will hard to keep the game chagenlly without   just throwing us into a forest in fire with just a glass of water,

And by ¨cheap difficulty¨ I mean things like: overleved enemies (like the virtual Elit4 in intense, god, that was a nightmare), battles in succesion without healing, or battles again enemies than just have a ton of Hp and took an eternity to kill. Things than dont really push your strategic thinking and are just  plain frustrain.

Edited by Concerne

• Developers
25 minutes ago, Tassei_ said:

Could someone or something without a soul become a dimensional rift?

Yes, it doesn't necessarily require a soul. Just one being and Rift matter.

21 minutes ago, eggon said:

Will any legendary pokemon be available before post game? And are there any plans to add gen 8 pokemon?

Some Legends are available. Most notable Zygarde (Doggo) and Type:Null/Silvally. Phione also exists but I don't exactly classify that as a legend?

21 minutes ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

Oooh, that's interesting~! I always did personally how the drifblim-specific items were able to pump it up a bit without forcing it to lose its Unburden access (I swear that Ability was busted in PMD2), though I'll admit that I didn't think of this mechanic specifically until I found out that the Silvally Crest was reworked to more greatly resemble the base mechanic. Though now I'm wondering if the king of Iesei (I think I misspelled that >_>;) would've had any significant role in the worldbuilding prior, aside from maybe being the ruler of yet another currently nameless kingdom.

On a different note, is there any particular reason why Zygarde doesn't seem to have taken any action to stop the Calamity? It's kinda the sort of thing it's supposed to stop, after all.

Maybe you'll see soon :]

13 minutes ago, Majin J-Awesome_One said:

I looked at the badges in the pictures of the game and I realized that the 16th and 17th 1 are very similar in design just with the different colors. Is it possible this might be like a double Gym Battle where you fight the (obvious) Dark and Fairy Gym Leaders and receive both of their Gym Badges upon their defeat?

May be possiblle, who knows :]

11 minutes ago, hoshi said:

Are there any discarded ideas/concepts for characters/story/gameplay that are worth mentioning?

There's quite a few, I think when the game is wrapping up I'll make a thread of cut content + unused material. 

5 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

Thanks for clarifying, because her blue outfit and hair really confused me. Literally everyone else looks exactly the same, and Erin dont recognize you later, unlike Saki. 

Will Zetta be relevant again? He is my personal favorite character and it really sucked how he was basically written from the story. He is one guy i absolutely wanna save and befriend. 

Is there a reason we cant get more than 6 character sprites as a choice? I feel like girl characters are made way better and guy sprites are extremely generic and underwhelming, while i loved some of the previous ones, the one with long red hair in particular. Will we be able to get more character choices or is it final?

Was there a particular reason Protagonist wont have romance options nor some VN-like routes in the end? I personally think this is something community will support wholeheartedly and the choice to exclude it just baffles me. 

Also personal question, its no secret that time travel is a bi**h to write as a plot device and it leaves an astounding amount of plotholes, what was your thought process when including this? Werent you afraid this would cause problems in the long run?

-In Erin's defense she's not really paying attention to who you are-- She's trying to get the library to lose business because they played her. She probably did recognize you, but didn't think it was important enough to mention.

-Zetta isn't gone for good, that's all I'll say. 

-Yeah, the reason is workload. Each sprite has around 8? sprite sets. With secondary outfits (and future ones!) it multiplies each time. So the number of sprites that need to be made are.... A Lot. Besides I also animate the player's sprite sometimes during cutscenes and I just don't have the motivation to do more than 6 lol.

-As for romance, I just don't feel comfortable doing it. I don't really like games that turn harem-ish. It's just a personal turn off. Anything more than subtle and it just gets awkward for me. Sorry if that answer is disappointing. 

-It's a bitch and that's why I chose to do it. I'm not afraid. I know I'm not perfect and I will make mistakes. Rejuv is just a trial run for me, long term. A very fun trial run, at that!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

When finishing the story of v12, after Isha is captured, a yellow line of his sentence caught my eye. I thought about it, and I realized what he was talking about.

So, my question is: How important are the vaccines we got at the Grand Dream Station, and are the effects different depending on type and color; f.e. Melia got Golden Vaccine, Venam purple iirc, etc.

Can androids eat or drink? In v11 Ren mentions him having a cupcake, but in v12 he says he wouldnt be able to enjoy a milkshake 🤔 or maybe they're just jokes and shouldnt be taken seriously. Still want to know either way!

1) I am curious who is the developer's favourite character in pokemon rejuvenation

2) Is Madame X the curent strongest person in the game at this time? (comparing her to Karen, Crescent specifically)

3) I understand everything is down to interpretation and what was said about the topic so i apologize in advance here but if there was going to be even a subtle love interest wouldn't Aelita be the most logical choice? (this is just to satisfy my dying dream)

4) Are there any plans to do another game when this is completed? (ok i am finished now)

Dunno if it's too soon to ask this from a coding perspective, but oh well: once we get enough Zygarde Cores to upgrade it, so to speak, will the reconstruction process reroll the pokemon, or are its traits set from the moment its first put together?