[Postgame] Your Nightclub Dreamteam

Conkeldurp

heyyo mates,

just out of couriosity. Did any of you mess around with the perfect team for the upcoming challenges in the nightclub?

If so unless your teamidea is top secret, please share it with me/us. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but the “Boss Rush“ mode for example will have you battle all the gym leaders in order without swapping team members. And quite frankly I cant think of any combination that will not horribly lose against at least one gymleader (more like two or three, uff).

So i'd love to get your input!

Hi!

If your dream team includes legendaries, I will choose Primal-Groudon and Necrozma Dusk-Mane, two of most powerful legendaries in Gen 7. Oh, there is Mega-Rayquaza too. Since the Dev Blog post said that gym leaders could get as many legendaries as they like, I won't take them lightly.

Assuming I will choose the Boss Rush without legendaries, I will restrict myself too. Playing stall is the best option imo so I will bring at least Chansey, Mega-Sableye and Toxapex … Stall has a good winning rate, I think it's the safest bet.

Otherwise, I will bring Garchomp, Volcarona, Greninja, M-Medicham, Z-Kommo-o … Top tiers without doubt. But I expect to get crushed in double battles at some point

Or I could just play F.E.A.R. …. and hundreds and hundreds of common candies between fights if we're allowed to.

46 minutes ago, Des Teto said:

Assuming I will choose the Boss Rush without legendaries, I will restrict myself too. Playing stall is the best option imo so I will bring at least Chansey, Mega-Sableye and Toxapex … Stall has a good winning rate, I think it's the safest bet.

Otherwise, I will bring Garchomp, Volcarona, Greninja, M-Medicham, Z-Kommo-o … Top tiers without doubt. But I expect to get crushed in double battles at some point

assuming every gym leader gets to play on their respective field, Amaria (water surface) will give an offensive team massive trouble. (and except fotr volcarona you bring a big fairy weakness)

the defensive variant sounds good, but variants like Hardy, which hit hard and fast (and flinch -,-), or Adrienne (Mist field) being resistant to status conditions due to the mist will give some trouble, dont they?

difficult to know. depends on singles or doubles. fields, etc.

i would imagine itd be something like this

Walrein: "technical" fire resist, blizzard eliminates some fields, surf hits hard. good bulk

Rotom-F: defog, coverage with shadow ball and discharge

Alolan Ninetales: Snow Warning + Aurora Veil, nuff said

Jynx: Sleep, hits hard immediately can also boost and attempt a sweep

Mamoswine: Just, all round really strong

Avalugg: at best a ridiculous tank that's a doubles godsend, at worst a bulky wall to help revive other team members.

ofc other mons like weavile, cloyster, sandslash-a would be considered if there were more singles battles. 

1 hour ago, MachoPony said:

difficult to know. depends on singles or doubles. fields, etc.

i would imagine itd be something like this

Walrein: "technical" fire resist, blizzard eliminates some fields, surf hits hard. good bulk

Rotom-F: defog, coverage with shadow ball and discharge

Alolan Ninetales: Snow Warning + Aurora Veil, nuff said

Jynx: Sleep, hits hard immediately can also boost and attempt a sweep

Mamoswine: Just, all round really strong

Avalugg: at best a ridiculous tank that's a doubles godsend, at worst a bulky wall to help revive other team members.

ofc other mons like weavile, cloyster, sandslash-a would be considered if there were more singles battles. 

..hmm, but then again, would it stand any chance against titania, kiki and hardy on their respective fields.

Aurora Veil Ninetales-A I think should be a staple in most teams. 

I also thought along the lines of a Raindance team, since its biggest counters [Julia, Florina] seem easiest to circumvent despite the weakness. 

for example A pelipper, M-Swampert lead, or something along the lines.

Assuming we'll be able to use them: PULSE Magnezone: Signal Beam, Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon, Tri Attack

Otherwise: Mega Gallade: Psycho Cut, Brick Break, Night Slash, Leaf Blade

Mimikyu: Shadow Sneak, Leech Life, Destiny Bond, Play Rogh (Mimikyum Z)

Volcarona: Fiery Dance, Giga Drain, Hurricane, Bug Buzz

Milotic: Ice Beam, Dragon Pulse, Toxic, Surf

Flygon: Earthquake, Dragon Tail, Rock Slide, Fly

Aegislash: Sacred Sword, King's Shield, Aerial Ace, Shadow Sneak

Edited by IBW_3000

Jynx can basically solo kiki. Avalugg makes hardy a joke if he sticks with the doubles + rockslide strat and Tania might be trouble. i beat her before using A-sandslash and Shell armor Lapras. one long boss rush would be ridiculous and hard to prepare for. i just came up with that on the fly it could be adjusted again depending on battle style, fields etc

My dream team is gonna be Regigigas, Aegislash, Tyranitar/Aggron, Mega Gardevoir, King's Rock Cincinno, and i'm unsure of the 6th.
Don't give my boy Regi shit, ill stall the first 5 turns out then sweep the everloving hell out of people with that madman