Silvally crest

Pietro

In v11 looking around all item through debug mode, I found a Silvally crest, that gave him +10 to all base stats making him unstoppable.

Updating to v12 I still have it but it now says that it gives a different effect for each memory held. Now, this crest can't be equipped, but I think it may actually work because Jan in the changelog says that he had given a lot of new effects.

- Silvally Crest now has a ton of Extra Effects.

In my playthrough I haven't found it, even in the item list of the chapter there isn't any trace. Someone knows the various effects or where to actually found it?

From what I remember when it was brought to Jan on Discord last night:

The Silvally Crest is a bit interesting in that it doesn't need to be held to be effective- it confers its benefits simply by being in the Player's Bag (a trait that's highly reminiscent of the Pokemon-Specific items from the PMD: Explorers games). It gives silvally a 20% power increase to attacks of the same Type as its held Memory (effectively turning the Memories into Plates that only silvally can use), and gives it the benefits of an extra Ability. Exactly which Ability is replicated is different from Type to Type, and we unfortunately know what they are (it seems that Jan wasn't active in that part of redesigning it), so that's something that's gonna have to be tested on our own. Thank goodness for Debug Mode, I guess?

• 2 weeks later...

I know it has moxie as its ability for the fire memory, as for the others i realy would like to know what they are, but it doesnt display the ability in the summary so i guess you can only realy see what ability it has if it does anything such as rising a certain stat or regen hp

I did some testing... And for the calcs: The Silvally used for testing has 31 IV HP with 124 EVS, 25 IV Attack with 88 Evs and 7 IV SP. Defense and 38 EVS. (Of course this may be inconsist as it's not full on Evs yet.

No Memory: Scrappy (Guess Breakneck Blitz hitting Ghosts is still a thing.)

Electric: Motor Drive

Dragon: Multiscale

Fighting: Defiant

Psychic: Magic Bounce

Grass: Flower Veil

Ghost: Mummy

Poison: Regenerator (Hey, some recovery for Silvally!)

Ground: Sheer Force (It's definite. I calculated the battle against a wild Machop with the exact IVs after a Crunch theoretically boosted by it and it;s the exact damage it predicted. Burned a bunch of Crush Claws and no defense drops. Also temporarily hacked in an illegal move that have a 100% of it's secondary chance activating and it didn't activate. Basically Nidoking for PU.

Rock: may be the one getting Tough Claws (or possibly Adaptability, but most likely not). That's just me because I calculated the battle between a burnt Silvally and a wild Camerupt with the exact IVs and EVs and Nature and the damage isn't accurate to calculated amount to the Camerupt.
Edit: So apparently I'm a dumbass and forgot to change Multi-Attack's type to Rock, I lost the damage proof but I know for sure the camerupt I calculated is indeed on Red after landing a Multi-Attack on it (Stone Plate-boosted Multi-Attack in place of the crest). So Tough Claws or Adaptability might be a safe bet. Unless I missed some.

Edit: It'll remain a mystery until we can legally obtain it. None of the damage calcs I did on the possible abilities, (Tough Claws, Adaptability or even Sand Force seem to be the correct answer...
Ice: Thick Fat:

Calcs +2 0 SpA Turtonator(22 Sp. Att IV) Flamethrower vs. 124 HP / 38 SpD Thick Fat Silvally-Ice on a critical hit: 134-162 (61.7 - 74.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO  without it, it would a OHKO.

0 SpA Snover (26 Sp. Att IV) Blizzard vs. 124 HP / 38 SpD Thick Fat Silvally-Ice: 10-12 (4.6 - 5.5%) -- possibly the worst move ever Went from 169 to 158 (Maybe not really that great)

Bug: Tinted Lens (TBH I forgot this ability existed because I didn't find it that useful when most pokes did heavy blows already.)

13 SpA Tinted Lens Silvally-Bug Surf vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Skiddo (25 HP IV and 29 SpDef IV): 70-82 (47.2 - 55.4%) -- 79.3% chance to 2HKO Half on its HP went down after using Surf.
13 SpA Tinted Lens Silvally-Bug Surf vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Sawsbuck (25 HP IV and 25 SpDef IV): 56-66 (33.7 - 39.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO About 1/3 of HP lost when I used Surf on it.

89 Atk Tinted Lens Silvally-Bug Multi-Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mothim (28 HP IV and 25 HP IV): 142-168 (75.1 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 162 lost on it.

I don't think I'm able to determine Water (It's not anything that makes it immune to Water, Grass or Electric nor is it anything that helps it in rain (No Swift Swim, Hydration, or Rain Dish) or even helps stops burns, (Not Water Veil or Bubble), or Flying (Wish it was Gale Wings.). I checked every other poke's of that types abilities and eliminated the ones that wouldn't fix Silvally and it's none of them. I guess they're aren't implemented yet. Sorry...)

Edited by Crickzilla
  • Upvote 1

Look at these lads, doin' the Lord's work! Actually, I don't think Arceus would condone gathering information on its cheap knock-off of a chimeric demiurge, but oh well. 

Anyway! I'll be taking this opportunity to review the given Ability list as they come up, and give my thoughts regarding what they do for our beloved silver allies.

Spoiler

Fire-Moxie: On one hand, I'm a bit disappointed that this one gets a Physically-aligned Ability; Fire happens to be one of the three Types aligned with a moveset archetype only silvally and smeargle have access to. But on the other hand, it's friggin' Moxie! The only pokemon to get this Ability and hasn't been able make good use of it before is pyroar, so if nothing else, Mono-Fire's Moxie abilities just got a solid buff. Can't complain too much about that one, eh?

Electric-Motor Drive: Where Fire sought to patch up silvally's middling Attack, Electric seems intend on fixing its Speed issues. Pairs well with Discharge spam in Mono-Electric Doubles or a partnered aurorus that's already set up what it wants to set up in other playthroughs, and isn't corralled into favoring one offense over the other. It does seem to be lacking in Singles utility, however...

Fighting-Defiant: You know how HA passimian had the ability to say 'no u' to enemy Intimidtors and Defoggers with boosted Close Combats? Well, say hello to its faster and slightly bulkier cousin! It's once again pointed towards going Physical, bat that shouldn't be a surprise- it's the friggin' Fighting Type, after all!

Dark-Strong Jaw: This one's... interesting. It effectively adds a Life Orb boost to all of silvally's biting attacks (including the BoltBeam Type combo!) without dishing out the recoil, while still maintaining the power boost to its Dark Moves. It's not quite so off-the-walls crazy as Fire or Fighting's additions, but it also needs no additional setup and isn't reliant on the opponent doing what you want them to in order function. The Dark Type itself does bring a Type immunity and the ability to ignore Prankster as well, so this one seems like an overall consistent choice to work with.

Dragon-Multiscale(?): This one's goal is obvious: combine silvally's solid bulk and the Dragon Type's substantial array of resistances with a damage-reducing Ability to make a truly tanky support 'mon. It just... doesn't seem like it'd do a good job of that in the long run. Silvally has worse issues with Entry Hazards than most of other Multiscale users due to being vulnerable to Spikes, and lacks access to Recover to get the Ability back up and running to boot! At least it's thematically appropriate with Dragon!Silvally's shiny design, right?

Steel-Filter: Now this is how you make a tanky Type tankier! This biggest problem every bulky set faces is getting undermined by those pesky weaknesses (especially in a game where they can easily receive incidental boosts from the arena), so reducing the damage those attacks deal is a godsend. Granted, we've seen this exact Type and Ability combination, but silvally has a fair bit more Special bulk than Mega Aggron, which combines with its access to Parting Shot and the fact that it doesn't use up the team's Mega Slot to make up for substantially lower Physical bulk. Though it does beg to question: do Filter/Solid Rock/Prism Armor stack with Arenite Wall? 

Psychic-Magic Bounce: Tired of your pokemon getting debuffed all the time? Decided that the weird fennec/cat thing isn't what you want either of your eevees to become, but don't want to use the out-of-touch-with-modern-reality bird or the gremlin with the ruby-shaped hole in its heart either? Well, have no fear, for the local False God is here! He'll send those pesky floating pebbles right back through return postage, sizzle enemy specters away with their wisps, and shock that dang key thief into giving you back access to your car! And the best part is that he can use whatever sort of tactics he wants while doing so- this power is raw value at an affordable rate! It's a shame that the movepool is less forgiving, though...

Grass-Flower Veil: Ever wanted a pokemon that was immune to stat drops and Volatile Status Effects? How about one that could share this immunity to all of its allies that share a Type with it to boot? Well, now you can one with this living proof of why all of the pokemon to get Flower Veil until now have been Fairy Types! Mono-Grass runs need never fear Intimidate, Sticky Webs, and Toxic Spikes again~!

Edit: An interesting Mono-Grass tech I thought of: silvally can combine Water Pledge and Grass Pledge to create the Swamp Field Effect, and use that as a form of Speed Control! Because of its Flower Veil, only the enemies' grounded pokemon will have to deal with the Speed drops at the end of the round. This is ultimately reliant on silvally staying around, though, so it works best in Doubles (with a slower partner packing Grass Pledge to make use of the Amplifield Rock once that becomes available; venusaur, perhaps?), and does kinda prevent you from using Ingrain on anything that isn't part Poison or Steel, but if you don't mind those limitations, here ya go!

Normal-Scrappy: This one's simple, but effective: it makes it so that your Normal and Fighting attacks can hit Ghost Types even outside of the Holy Field! This opens up the door for more extreme support sets if you so wish, as well as enabling Return/Double-Edge+ Flamethrower/Fire Fang/Fire Pledge/Heat Wave+Swords Dance set that still gets STAB against Ghosts.Ultimately, though, Normal's still gonna have to lean into its Ability to use Held Items to stand out from its more substantially-boosted brethren...

Ghost-Mummy: You know how a lot of Physical Sweepers are reliant on their Abilities? Yeah, let's deny them that power! File down their Tough Claws, round out their Sheer Force, put a damper on their Moxie, and melt down their Iron Fists! All they have to do is touch you once, and their sweep may very well be done- perhaps before it even really started, depending on when you caught that Defiant rebel in the act! Of course, it helps shut down other Abilities as well (make that gliscor suffer for thinking it can just get free heals!), just as long as they dare to make direct contact with silvally. Seems like a pretty nice choice and thank goodness it wasn't Cursed Body.

Fairy-Unaware: Not all sweepers rely on their Abilities to do work, nor are they all Physically inclined. Many use Stat Increases to get the job done, and can easily tear through an unsuspecting party if given the chance to set up (or just happen to have a Seed- I think we've all be roughed up by one of those at this point). Well, worry no more, for your Fairy God-Imitator cares not about those vile attempts to do you harm! Don't forget that Unaware's a two-way street, though- just as it treats incoming attacks as if they were unboosted, it also tears right through those hooligans' attempts to Defend themselves from its retribution! Seems like it'd be a particularly nasty foe for a Crested claydol to face, so that's pretty nice.

Poison-Regenerator: Okay, so, until recently, the Pokemon fandom was pretty much agreed that there was little as toxic as Stall (pun not intended), an archetype that was greatly boosted by the existence of the Ability Regenerator from Gen. 5 onwards. Given that premise, isn't it only natural that such a befouled Ability be given to the most toxic Type? Now you can heal for 1/3 of your maximum HP every time you do that Parting Shot thing you were probably gonna do anyway! And yes, that's Parting Shot healing that doesn't use up your one Z-Move of the battle! And can be done several times in a single match! Man, what a tremendous deal! ...Unless you just want to hit things dead directly, but why did you choose Poison if that was your goal in the first place?

Ground-Sheer Force: Well, this one's a bit funny. Obviously, this is an offensively-focused Ability, but it doesn't improve silvally's STAB attacks any- its only Ground attacks are Multi-Attack and Hidden Power, neither of which have any secondary effects! As such, Sheer Force's actual purpose is to bring it's coverage options a bit closer to being on par with its earthy assault in power, which should help keep it from being walled outright by bulky Flying Types. Given that the BoltBeam trio are a fair bit stronger than their respective Fangs, it might actually be in your best interest to run Ground!silvally as a mixed set, which is interesting. Don't see very many of those these days, ya know?

Ice-Thick Fat: Woo, reducing a common weakness to a neutrality! And your one resistance to a quadruple one, I guess. It's not that much of a difference compared to giving it Heatproof instead. This still leaves you with 3 weakness to one resistance, which can be pretty annoying to work with, but seeing as your Ice Beam is pretty bonkers now just because you happen to be an Ice Type, that might actually be fine. Be sure pack Flamethrower as a side arm in case you find an enemy Steel or fellow Ice Type, and you should be good to go for a bit.

Edited by Autumn Zephyr
Added Ground and it's natural enemy, Ice.

54 minutes ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

Not to be a bother, @Crickzilla, but can you test to see if Grass!silvally also prevents Status Effects? That should help determine if it imitates Flower Veil specifically, or is just simply Clear Body.

Tested on a wild Will-o-Wisper and yep. I got the message: "Sillvally is protected by Flower Veil!" Confirming Grass Silvally gets Flower Veil. (Odd because no Grass type get Flower Veil. (RIP Comfey and Florges.)

Okay, so far ive gathered that fairy just might have serene grace based on the amounts of air slashes that flinched the enemy, as for water i didnt find anything but maybe it has water absorb. like i said im not entirly sure about that. Does anyone know what Ice and Poison do?

I recall hearing that it does, and have reported as such before. I just doubt that it also has the +20% boost to STAB as well, seeing as that part of the Crest's mechanics was designed to make up for silvally's lack of Held Item slot, and Normal!Silvally clearly still has that.

Indeed. I tested that Normal Silvally gets Scrappy from the crest. Normal Multi-Attacks hits Ghosts without  getting counter by immunity. (Still wouldn't recommend it PU as it may be still outclassed by Kangaskhan.

Edited by Crickzilla

If you want to put all your stock in Sucker Punch, then yeah, maybe not. Silvally does have the same Attack stat, however, is a bit faster by default, and can easily get away with running either a Special or Mixed set to catch people off-guard, so it's not like silvally isn't competitive. Though this particular Ability might be viewable as permission to run Return+3 support moves-now that that pesky Ghost immunity is gone, there isn't anything that can completely nullify its attacks in that unfortunate situation where it's your last 'mon standing or something...

20 hours ago, Chrendon said:

Okay, so far ive gathered that fairy just might have serene grace based on the amounts of air slashes that flinched the enemy, as for water i didnt find anything but maybe it has water absorb. like i said im not entirly sure about that. Does anyone know what Ice and Poison do?

no it doesn't. tried crush claw, only once it lowered its defence out of four.

If Fairy!Silvally did indeed have Serene Grace, then Crush Claw would be guaranteed to lower the target's Defense if they survived. Failure to do so means that either it doesn't have Serene Grace. or that the target has one of the following Abilities: Clear Body, White Smoke, Flower Veil (as a Grass Type; this is basically impossible in the wild), Full Metal Body (why are you using Normal moves on a Legendary Steel Type?!), or Shield Dust.

Regardless, I'd say that it's too soon for you to be disappointed quite yet, Cyphre.

• Veterans
Spoiler

Just going to confirm/deconfirm a couple things.

- Power buff to stab moves is 1.5x and remains consistent among all Silvally forms including normal.

-Dark is Strong Jaws

-Fairy is Unaware.

The aim with the Dragon one is that aside from Normal it has huge immediant damage potential with the extra boosted Draco and Outrage on top of being amazing at crippling and setting up a partner. Still comes with the solid elemental resists Dragon types carry too while easily being able to get in a Fire or Steel on bad matchups.

At the end of the day imo using Silvally as one specific type is hugely wasting it's potential. It's a jack of all trades and far from a master of none with this.

• Thanks 2

On 7/22/2019 at 12:49 PM, Crickzilla said:

Damage Calculator sin't that reliable so I assume Rock may be the one getting Tough Claws (or possibly Adaptability, but most likely not). That's just me because I calculated the battle between a burnt Silvally and a wild Camerupt with the exact IVs and EVs and Nature and the damage isn't accurate to calculated amount to the Camerupt.

Hmm, this one seems like it'd be really tough to work out without further Debugging. I don't believe there are any repeatable Trainers with fixed Natures and IVs in Rejuvenation (even the Audino Caretakers are randomized each time you face them), which is certainly a bit of an issue here. Still, you seem certain that it's a direct damage up, so that does narrow the options down quite a bit...