Got to say, I am truly impressed with this game.

Buckle

Its the first pokemon fangame I've taken a serious crack at, currently twenty hours in and it just feels so dense with content and it looks great. I love the largely urban city focused setting compared to a lot of Pokemon games that have you moving from small towns to small towns and all the routes in between. The battles have been challenging but fair.

You can really feel the years that have been poured into this game. The Pokemon fangame community is something I only really started looking into this year and seeing what people have not only worked on but completed (and I know Reborn will get there) with pokemon essentials is one of those moments where I really love being a fan of this franchise.

Fairly new to this project but looking forward to seeing you guys finish it out. Its quite the accomplishment.

• Like 4

Yep I agree. It's amazing how much content the game has, and as one who literally changes interests every other day, I'm impressed that the devs have been able to work on this same game for years.

I've been following development since 2013 and I can definitely tell you watching the world grow was an adventure in its own right. The design of the main city along with the surrounding areas were very well done and clearly a lot of thought was put into everything from the different wards to the grand staircase to Apophyll academy, the routes and all the other areas. It was also very satisfying going through all these different places that team Meteor had destroyed and/or polluted and slowly cleaning the city up through your efforts which eventually leads to it being restored. Opening the grant gates back up is certainly one of these symbolic moments and now the train station has been repaired as well.

So yes the aestetics are great (along with the music) but Reborn also has a very engaging story with tons of well written characters, some certainly more relatable than others. The thing that drew me in initially was the difficulty aspect and also Florinia's very interesting speech pattern. Honestly an A+ job on writing her dialogue. Obviously by now I'm way more invested in the word and story but I'm still very much looking forward to stuff like the E4 and champion battle. I've literally had 6+ years to prepare for these so I better do a good job when the time comes.

Anyway if you're enjoying Pokemon Reborn, after you've finished the game I HIGHLY recommend you check out Pokemon Rejuvenation which is another fan game heavily inspired by Reborn and has by now created a world as big if not bigger than the Reborn region. It has similar difficulty to Reborn with field effects and Rift Pokemon instead of Pulse mons. It also has a very engaging story and is heavily character focused. I would even say it's better than Reborn in some aspects.

Version 12 actually came out a few days ago so most of the bugs will probably get fixed by the time you finish Reborn. In other words this is a great time to start playing. You can find it on the "other games" tab or just scroll down on the main forum page.

Almost 7 years later, massive life changes, and yet I can find time (or make time) for Reborn. The characters are well written, and does justice to the darker and more touchy topics of life.

I have to agree, Reborn and Rejuvenation are easily the best Pokémon fan games in existence.

I played a number of Pokémon fan games, and while some of those were quite entertaining, none of them gave me the same kind of challenge that Reborn and Rejuvenation are offering. I always wanted a Pokémon game where i can't just take the first 6 random Pokémon that i catch and beat the whole game with those alone. Reborn and Rejuvenation give me just that. Every gym leader has at full team of 6 Pokémon, and you are fighting them on a terrain that runs in the gym leaders favor. Just going for type advantages won't always win you the battle, since the terrain might just counter that in some cases. It's really fun to come up with tactics that use the terrain in your own favor.

Battling other "boss type" trainers like the Rivals, or the higher ups of Team Meteor can also be quite the challenge, which i really like. Except for Fern.....that guy is, and will always be, nothing more than a big mouthed pushover. I am still not sure whether the player is supposed to hate him, or to make fun of him, because he is such a pathetic crossover between Gary Oak's personality (as displayed in the first season of the Pokémon Anime that is) and the trainer skills of Team Rocket's Jessie and James....