Operation: Saving Private Poppy (V12 Spoilers)

Seehan

Spoiler

I have lingering regrets. During the battle between Sakitron and Amanda, I played recklessly and loosely, with the idea that my first attempt would be geared towards learning the mechanics of the fight. Imagine my surprise thereafter, when upon reloading my save after being defeated, I was met with my 50 HP Sakitron once more. I was the victim of the autosave feature. At the time, I cursed my fate and simply went on with the game - but as the episode came to a close, I became more and more regretful of my actions. Not because I missed out on the Madame X content, or because of relationship points or whatever. I realized that I had missed out on the chance to see more of Sakitron in future content. 

Thus, this post. I implore any devs out there to take my save file, and change the bit of code that records the outcome of that fateful battle. While I have already missed out on EP12's changed content, I hope to not have to miss out on future Sakitron content. I really hope doing such a thing won't crash or corrupt my save, but it's honestly a risk I'm willing to take (I'll make backups of my unedited save beforehand). 

Please. Help me save Sakitron. Don't let Poppy die and leave Tora- I mean Erick - all alone.

Game.rxdata

3 minutes ago, Seehan said:
  Hide contents

I have lingering regrets. During the battle between Sakitron and Amanda, I played recklessly and loosely, with the idea that my first attempt would be geared towards learning the mechanics of the fight. Imagine my surprise thereafter, when upon reloading my save after being defeated, I was met with my 50 HP Sakitron once more. I was the victim of the autosave feature. At the time, I cursed my fate and simply went on with the game - but as the episode came to a close, I became more and more regretful of my actions. Not because I missed out on the Madame X content, or because of relationship points or whatever. I realized that I had missed out on the chance to see more of Sakitron in future content. 

Thus, this post. I implore any devs out there to take my save file, and change the bit of code that records the outcome of that fateful battle. While I have already missed out on EP12's changed content, I hope to not have to miss out on future Sakitron content. I really hope doing such a thing won't crash or corrupt my save, but it's honestly a risk I'm willing to take (I'll make backups of my unedited save beforehand). 

Please. Help me save Sakitron. Don't let Poppy die and leave Tora- I mean Erick - all alone.

Game.rxdata 280.39 kB · 0 downloads

i guess you already finished v12 content by now, but when the game autosaves you can just go to your save folder and search for your last save file to rename and then load it.

23 minutes ago, Alphaverb said:

i guess you already finished v12 content by now, but when the game autosaves you can just go to your save folder and search for your last save file to rename and then load it.

Alas, there was only the one autosave file in my folder. I suppose the game reset my settings when I updated, since I usually set it to store 10 backups.

On 7/7/2019 at 7:13 AM, Seehan said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

I hate to break it to you... but there is no "Saki lives" timeline, or at least not one I've seen.

The only content you missed is her dying landing an especially impressive blow against madame X (Also, if you want to see madame x w/o the mask, trchar095_7 is the spritesheet with her, or at least a spritesheet with her). Eric is probably equally messed up in both timelines- can't say for sure, but he's pretty messed up in the timeline where she survives the Amanda fight, so I can't imagine how she dies will change how likely she is to be brought back. Since Sakibot gets wrecked either way... Your quest is pointless, and the mission doomed to failure. Sakibot's death is integral to a stable timeline.

In short, if you care about Sakibot content in future versions and not in this version, it's almost certainly not going to be locked based on whether you won the fight or not. For more information, see the spoiler above.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ParadoxPotentia said:
  Hide contents

I hate to break it to you... but there is no "Saki lives" timeline, or at least not one I've seen.

The only content you missed is her dying landing an especially impressive blow against madame X (Also, if you want to see madame x w/o the mask, trchar095_7 is the spritesheet with her, or at least a spritesheet with her). Eric is probably equally messed up in both timelines- can't say for sure, but he's pretty messed up in the timeline where she survives the Amanda fight, so I can't imagine how she dies will change how likely she is to be brought back. Since Sakibot gets wrecked either way... Your quest is pointless, and the mission doomed to failure. Sakibot's death is integral to a stable timeline.

In short, if you care about Sakibot content in future versions and not in this version, it's almost certainly not going to be locked based on whether you won the fight or not. For more information, see the spoiler above.

Thank you for the in depth answer, looks like my quest to change the past to save the future ends in my bitter defeat.