oh

>Get treated like dont exist

yo

>get to Kannon, Gang worried about him like he so ded then just leavee

YO

>No fast travel option,call out, nor dialogue to us

OYOOOO

>Get out and First thing Melia says is get a badge to fight more for her

Crescent was so on point at this point am I just a battle slave for these guys ?

Never thought I will think melia is a bi*ch like c'mon amber showed better appreciation after saving once. Almost want to reply a badge and refuse giving the weird diary to Melia

Edit : Yes just created a profile to get this cold one out

Edited by Meteor Knight
  • Like 1

Also why is the game trying to hint something between Melia and Protagnist like c'mon the most time MC spent with her is one day while she spent like alot of time with "someone" else that's why the ceremony after mt. Valor should have been held at aquamarine cave not lovers bridge with only 2 people who are acquainted for couple days.

Haven't yet completed the latest version, but I always thought Melia was something of an author's pet. Do they really try to hitch us together? Ouch!

It's in the nature of a more story-heavy Pokemon game that it's NPC characters are going to eke into your spotlight a little bit, though...

3 minutes ago, Kunikunatu said:

Haven't yet completed the latest version, but I always thought Melia was something of an author's pet. Do they really try to hitch us together? Ouch!

It's in the nature of a more story-heavy Pokemon game that it's NPC characters are going to eke into your spotlight a little bit, though...

Honestly, seeing NPCs actually being ungrateful is refreshing, at least if you look at from a perspective of comparing the games to the official core series of games. 

Of course as with other story elements, you can get carried away pretty easily.

1 hour ago, Meteor Knight said:

So I will just summarise this with green text

>Be Protagnist

>Die fighting for Melia at mt.valor

>Get treated like a side pebble afterwards

No probs

>Flash forward to west gearen city

>Fight dimensional rift twice

>Save it for sorry excuse of girl

>not getting appreciated again

Noes prob

>Eric gets thanked

oh

>Get treated like dont exist

yo

>get to Kannon, Gang worried about him like he so ded then just leavee

YO

>No fast travel option,call out, nor dialogue to us

OYOOOO

>Get out and First thing Melia says is get a badge to fight more for her

Crescent was so on point at this point am I just a battle slave for these guys ?

Never thought I will think melia is a bi*ch like c'mon amber showed better appreciation after saving once. Almost want to reply a badge and refuse giving the weird diary to Melia

Edit : Yes just created a profile to get this cold one out

yeah and in v11 when she's given a choice whether she trusts us or not. Like why would such a choice even exist. Melia is a b***h.

1 hour ago, Meteor Knight said:

Also why is the game trying to hint something between Melia and Protagnist like c'mon the most time MC spent with her is one day while she spent like alot of time with "someone" else that's why the ceremony after mt. Valor should have been held at aquamarine cave not lovers bridge with only 2 people who are acquainted for couple days.

lmao Melia and Venam are definitely in love with each other

• Upvote 1

Obviously your reward for winning all those battles is Melia's company. What more do you want?

On a serious note, I don't think she shows any real lack of appreciation. Yea not every scene flows perfectly but I think that's more to do with the writing rather than Melia intentionally taking you for granted. True friends help each other out and don't keep score about who's done more for who. But she did save your ass at Blacksteeple castle for what it's worth.

3 hours ago, Gheist said:

But she did save your ass at Blacksteeple castle for what it's worth.

You're thinking of Nim and then Nancy.

Melia avoided detection because Neved was an absolute moron and then showed up at the end and took all attention away from Nancy being killed.

Didn't even unmask Madame X while she was lying there vulnerable. It's like she's never seen Scooby Doo.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, DerogatoryTrainer said:

You're thinking of Nim and then Nancy.

Melia avoided detection because Neved was an absolute moron and then showed up at the end and took all attention away from Nancy being killed. 

Didn't even unmask Madame X while she was lying there vulnerable. It's like she's never seen Scooby Doo.

Didn't she hack the lasers to paralyze Madame X or something? It's been a while since I've played it but I'm positive she did something to help you there otherwise what would be the point of sending her in the first place.

1 hour ago, Gheist said:

Didn't she hack the lasers to paralyze Madame X or something? It's been a while since I've played it but I'm positive she did something to help you there otherwise what would be the point of sending her in the first place.

That also doesn't make sense either.

How did she hack the turret to fire when it had no power to fire in the first place? The player and Braixen cut the wires with Saki's satellite laser gun.

Also she was there to scope out what Team Xen were planning which she mostly accomplished but her subterfuge relied entirely on every single person on that island being a complete moron and not checking under her hood once.

"Let's just trust the mysterious hooded person who showed up at our door on our island prison hundreds of miles from civilisation, what could go wrong?" - Neved, 2015

5 hours ago, Gheist said:

Obviously your reward for winning all those battles is Melia's company. What more do you want?

On a serious note, I don't think she shows any real lack of appreciation. Yea not every scene flows perfectly but I think that's more to do with the writing rather than Melia intentionally taking you for granted. True friends help each other out and don't keep score about who's done more for who. But she did save your ass at Blacksteeple castle for what it's worth.

No way we saved the day on Blacksteeple well least I did with togedemaru taking out death itself. Dont know how much she helped but Madame X definitely was a bigger threat.

Also whole v9 we are a side pebble

And yeah she spends 3 years with Knanon and more than that with Venam feels like I am the third wheel keeping relationship alive for a trashy couple man.

2 hours ago, DerogatoryTrainer said:

That also doesn't make sense either.

How did she hack the turret to fire when it had no power to fire in the first place?

Does it really matter considering all the other nonsensical technology related shit we've seen in Rejuv? Like all of Saki's contraptions for example or more recently these androids (?) flying around.

Maybe Melia is an elite haxor and she somehow fixed it. Or some time travel shenanigans. Or the laser wasn't broken and she just needed to give it a little power using a Pokemon or something.

She seemed to know what she was doing regarding the snag machine so it's not beyond the realm of belief that she figured out how to fix a laser that wasn't even directly damaged.

" Also she was there to scope out what Team Xen were planning which she mostly accomplished but her subterfuge relied entirely on every single person on that island being a complete moron and not checking under her hood once. "

Not everybody, just Neved. The rest of them are just hired grunts with no authority to touch her without Neved's permission after he took her in. People probably did see some of her face under the hood but they might not all know what Melia looks like and she's a few years older anyway. Especially the guards probably had no idea team Xen was looking for her.

Again Neved would be the only one you'd definitely expect to recognize her so that's on him that he didn't (presumably).

14 minutes ago, Meteor Knight said:

No way we saved the day on Blacksteeple well least I did with togedemaru taking out death itself. Dont know how much she helped but Madame X definitely was a bigger threat.

You would have been skewered by Madame X if Melia hadn't shown up. You can ask Jan why the player wouldn't just leave his Pokemon out to fight her after having already beaten Yveltal.

As for Kannon, Melia most likely thought of him as a little kid she's being nice to just because she feels sorry for him. In any case I definitely wouldn't worry about him as a romantic rival now that he's gotten his memories back since he's probably not interested himself at this point.

Venam on the other hand, it's definitely possible although it's kinda annoying how these days 2 girls can't be close friends without everybody and their mother assuming they're lesbians and shipping them.

Personally I think Venam probably does like her romantically but at least right now I don't think Melia sees Venam in that way. I think she probably just sees Venam as her best friend but that could obviously change depending on how the story progresses or really if Jan just says so. I mean really he could change the nature of their relationship on a whim whether he planned it a certain way or not.

Agree with some of your points Gheist but we all know Melia isnt even romantic interest if I had to bet then its Aelita or Maria (totally thought melia was Maria at first the look stealing is hard). If I had to say Melia is somewhat like Ame from Reborn a persona or representation of author but personality is just of insecure prick like the titanias "dead weight"

3 hours ago, Zumi said:

guys... jan's deconfirmed on multiple occasions that there's any romance routes/options for the player

Yeah that is better, too much romance would just cheese the game *Ahem* Full moon *Ahem*

5 hours ago, Meteor Knight said:

Agree with some of your points Gheist but we all know Melia isnt even romantic interest if I had to bet then its Aelita or Maria (totally thought melia was Maria at first the look stealing is hard). If I had to say Melia is somewhat like Ame from Reborn a persona or representation of author but personality is just of insecure prick like the titanias "dead weight" 

Isn't she Maria? I thought it was pretty much confirmed at this point. But I don't see how Melia is like Ame at all. Ame just shows up occasionally and doesn't do much other than get you started on your journey and then later some league stuff until she gets killed. Meanwhile Melia is way more involved in the story and has more of a personality. If anything Jan's character would be closer to Ame.

But yea Aelita would definitely be the second choice. If that falls through I can just go down the list (Lavander, Crescent, Ana, Alice, Saki, Amber) until I run out of waifu candidates. Rejuv has a fair amount actually.

5 hours ago, Zumi said:

guys... jan's deconfirmed on multiple occasions that there's any romance routes/options for the player

There's any? You mean that there's NOT any? And "deconfirmed"? Your sentence is confusing me but from the general tone I assume you're trying to say that Jan has yes confirmed that there will be no romance between the player and any of the characters. Well that's pretty disappointing since Rejuv lets you build much stronger relationships with the characters than any other fangame I've seen (other than potentially Desolation if that ever keeps going). I guess an open ended friendship thing would be fine as long as the player doesn't get straight up cucked on every single front.

In any case, Jan probably should have just not said anything and let us dream.

• Veterans
Just now, Gheist said:

There's any? You mean that there's NOT any? And "deconfirmed"? Your sentence is confusing me but from the general tone I assume you're trying to say that Jan has yes confirmed that there will be no romance between the player and any of the characters. Well that's pretty disappointing since Rejuv lets you build much stronger relationships with the characters than any other fangame I've seen (other than potentially Desolation if that ever keeps going). I guess an open ended friendship thing would be fine as long as the player doesn't get straight up cucked on every single front.

In any case, Jan probably should have just not said anything and let us dream.

yes, i mean that there's not gonna be any.

neither jan or i have ever said that you can't imagine that the player gets together with someone, but the question of "oh are there gonna be romance routes?" is probably the second most asked question right after "mega ring when" so at this point i think it's pretty fair for jan to debunk some speculation. it's a question that's getting a little old, yknow?

it's possible that this will change in the future, but as of now there's no plans for it in the foreseeable future so don't get your hopes up.

• Upvote 2

Tbh I'm fairly sure the ending is going to be 

Spoiler

All the people/former avatars inside the player are now freed and back in separate bodies while the interceptor spirit (you) gets kicked out of the universe back into storage for the next crisis. Which is why romance isn't possible.

It'd fit in with the main theme of Rejuvenation after all.

That being making the player character's life as miserable as it can.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zumi said:

neither jan or i have ever said that you can't imagine that the player gets together with someone, but the question of "oh are there gonna be romance routes?" is probably the second most asked question right after "mega ring when" so at this point i think it's pretty fair for jan to debunk some speculation. it's a question that's getting a little old, yknow? 

Yea that's why I said an open ending would be fine but if every single potential love interest ends up in an explicit romantic relationship with another non player character, that would kinda kill any potential ships.

Btw, there's no romance or there's no romance routes? Because the latter could mean you end up with person X and there's just no option to pick a different person. I'm curious because it looks like you're being careful to add "routes/options" after romance even though I never brought it up. I was talking about romance in general. It's possible Jan just meant you wouldn't be able to pick between different characters but I don't know his exact quotes.

Just to sum up my preferences: Romance options>Romance>open/friendship ending>>getting cucked (7 times).

• Veterans
6 minutes ago, Gheist said:

Yea that's why I said an open ending would be fine but if every single potential love interest ends up in an explicit romantic relationship with another non player character, that would kinda kill any potential ships.

Btw, there's no romance or there's no romance routes? Because the latter could mean you end up with person X and there's just no option to pick a different person. I'm curious because it looks like you're being careful to add "routes/options" after romance even though I never brought it up. I was talking about romance in general. It's possible Jan just meant you wouldn't be able to pick between different characters but I don't know his exact quotes.

Just to sum up my preferences: Romance options>Romance>open/friendship ending>>getting cucked (7 times).

no romance for the player whatsoever. dude i'm on the dev team, i'm serious when i say it's not there and it's really not that deep -- it's exactly how i said it and it's not changing unless jan explicitly decides to change this, but the chances are very, very very low.

there will be moments where you get to "bond" with people like the moment w/ valarie in aquamarine, but those are platonic, not with the intention of being romantic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Zumi said:

no romance for the player whatsoever. dude i'm on the dev team, i'm serious when i say it's not there and it's really not that deep -- it's exactly how i said it and it's not changing unless jan explicitly decides to change this, but the chances are very, very very low.

Okay you've cleared it up. Perhaps I was over analyzing your wording a bit. Force of habit.

Btw, I know who you are, I just don't know how much story related content is in everyone's heads at any given moment. Jan could be keeping it to himself for all I know. Maybe to avoid spoilers leaking.

It's probably not all written up yet anyway.

20 hours ago, Zumi said:

there will be moments where you get to "bond" with people like the moment w/ valarie in aquamarine, but those are platonic, not with the intention of being romantic.

Alright last reply will close this post up after this.

That's kinda disappointing that there is Romance in it as I kinda expected the platonic type Romance the least (purest than any religion lmfao.. jk). Well it will raise this games popularity if you guys wanted add unexpectedly.

Also I can understand Gheist too we are doing way alot of things while going out of our way for various side characters with no rewards. So if they up and left while saying yo Ima go do tha snu snu I am gonna restart-rack up every negative relationship point there is and just gonna end world with my boi Necrozuma (fyi just speculation since we got evil anti-matter and anti-life then why not anti-light boi who's powerful than llama god).

Edit: O great moderator,  Dev forgive me but there is no option to close this topic in edit nor around my main post.

Edited by Meteor Knight

Hey, remember when Melia's shiny Garbodor chewed off the power at the very beginning of the game?
This was supposed to be a hint that maybe Melia shouldn't go to Goldenwood Cave.

She did anyway.

If she's not smart enough to take a hint, then she's not smart enough to thank you for helping her out.

1 hour ago, Alisae said:

Hey, remember when Melia's shiny Garbodor chewed off the power at the very beginning of the game?
This was supposed to be a hint that maybe Melia shouldn't go to Goldenwood Cave.

She did anyway.

If she's not smart enough to take a hint, then she's not smart enough to thank you for helping her out.

Spoiler

"Hey, remember when Melia's shiny Garbodor chewed off the power at the very beginning of the game? This was supposed to be a hint that maybe Melia shouldn't go to Goldenwood Cave."- Shit thats right. Is the Garbodor from Jenner or something? He's the only known person with a known motive to not let Melia into Goldenwood Forest.

No, I'm fairly certain that garbodor was something Melia herself made. I doubt Jenner even knew existed, while the garbodor itself is known to go out of its way to try and protect Melia whenever it can.

On the other hand, I personally interpreted that sequence as the garbodor getting hungry shortly after its "birth" and not wanting to eat its "siblings", and given that no humans in the room had any inkling that there even was a plot to be looking for hints on at the time, it's only reasonable to assume that Melia had a similar theory. It's so easy to "not catch a hint" when you aren't aware there even are any to be caught, after all.