Minor bugs V12

Zumi

Either the field notes text file is incorrect or there's a buggy interaction with Air Balloon and Desert Field.

"Water-type moves from grounded Pokemon decrease base power x0.5 (excluding Scald and Steam Eruption)" is what the field notes say. But my Water type attacks from a Crawdaunt holding an Air Balloon are still weakened. 

Video: https://youtu.be/evnhyelmIyU

Both attacks (before and after the Balloon pops) do the same amount of damage, so it's not just a text-box bug.

Starting the Classified Information quest ASAP makes things screwy (since it's now available as soon as you enter GDC). You can tell Anabel/Looker about the events of Nightmare City before having gone there yourself. Additionally, if you give Anabel a Nightmare Medallion and go to Nightmare City before having done the story events there, talking to her for the sidequest lets you skip all plot events up until you get inside the Toy Box, including the battle with Zetta.

Also, when you control Ren during the Hiyoshi City arc in Ch.13, you can send his pokemon to the PC when catching one, letting you steal his pokemon.

Having a bug where after fighting the vileplume blocking off jeminra cave in the safari zone, every wild pokemon I fight and catch has strength sap as the last move in their moveslots.

53fc54e5045fb78d5aac8452ab9c0258.png

This is kinda game-breaking tbh since you can't access that cave without getting past the bugged vileplume, and you need to access that cave from the safari zone to do the wimpod event.

Will this be fixed before V13?

• 2 weeks later...

This plus the previous post should be an exhaustive list of pokemon with EV spreads being messed up by # of commas.

Spoiler

Zetta,205
Typhlosion needs an extra comma between their EV spreads and the data before it

Type:Null needs two

Melia,205
Togekiss doesn't have the "false," declaring it not a shadow pokemon, and misses a comma as a result

Flora,200 and Florin,200
Rotom for both is missing one comma between "false" and their EV spread
Florin's Sceptile is also missing the "70," declaring its happiness including the comma involved, meaning its nickname becomes "false" and its EV spread is messed up

Reina,200

Ribombee is missing two commas between 70 and its EV spread

Gumshoe,200

First three pokemon (Incineroar, Luxray, and Granbull) are missing two commas before their EV spreads

Miles,200

Everything but Murkrow is missing two commas before their EV spreads

Reina,1 and Reina,201

Ribombee and Jellicent are missing two commas between 70 and their EV spreads

Mechanisms,200

Everything but Sigilyph needs an extra comma between their nickname and EV spread

Mechanisms,201 and Mechanisms,202

Everything with an EV spread is missing a comma between their nickname and EV spread

Jones,200

Zebstrika and Bellossom are missing a comma before their EV spread

Elayne,200

Meowstic and Cryogonal are missing a comma before their EV spread

Maltus,200 and Nichola,200

Everything is missing a comma before their EV spread

I used the regular expression ([^,\n]*,){23}[^,] to check these, it's a great convenience for this since it's nearly impossible to tell at a glance if something is right or not, and even with testing you pretty much need to be running calcs on everything which would be pretty far beyond thorough. You can adjust it to check other lengths if you want--the number should just correspond to whatever the last defined value's array number is as declared in the PokemonTrainers script.

Also

Spoiler

When you fight him in Hiyoshi City, Kieran's Clawitzer is EV trained on Easy mode but not on Normal, I figured I should report this in case this wasn't intended.

So small collection of things i found:

1.Music: Nastasia's appearance on the SS Oceania, technically still tries to play "Stupid Yo" despite that track not beeing in the downloaded version sind V11, Same thing with Magma Drifting and "Feeling - Hotheaded", both result in complete silence, Nastasia's Scene can get away with it, but it's wierd for the Magma Drifting (if one manually adds these BGMs to the folder they play obviously)

2.Dialogue Logic: On the Trainride to GDC Venam and Melia have a talk about when Melia is going to get a 6. member for her team, this contradicts the fact that as of this Version (older) Melia has a total of 7 Pokemon (Togekiss, Zoruark, Gardevoir, Snorlax, Hydreigon, Meganium and Doublade) before this point, oversight after the reworks i guess. Also when Venam follows Lavender in GDC, Venam claims to have seen her trough her Window, when she saw Lavender from the Roofterrase (or what ever you call it), that 2nd one probably is just me beeing nitpicky though
3. Invisible Erin: As seen in the Screenshot Erin disappears for a few dialouge Boxes when confronting Bladestar's Dugtrio Mech (probably just so taken aback by the sheer ridiculousness of the thing 😜  )

capture008.jpg

Edited by Falirion

Echoed Voice is not working properly.

It's basically working as Fury Cutter 2.0 atm, when it should work completely differently. The counter should not be on a pokemon-per-pokemon basis - it should increase as long as it was used by any pokemon the turn before (misses, immunities, etc, still work to increase the counter). That means that if you outspeed, use it, then faint, send a new pokemon and use it again, it should deal additional damage as if the chain was uninterrupted. It means that if the opponent used it last turn, and you use it the following turn, you get increased damage. If your partner used it in a double battle last turn, the mon that didn't use it should get increased damage the following turn regardless.

Can't continue chapter 13 after the end of the chapter 12 because Erin isn't here in the entrace to scolar district. I'm stressed. Wait a minute. It's because I skipped it by registring the tournament before. Now I'm frustrated. I should have access to the tournament after Ren request. Please forgive me. I regret for every skipping my cutscenes. 😞

Edited by RoyChaos

Erin and a few Bladestar grunts seem to disappear when walking on certain tiles in Darchlight Cave, it doesn't break anything; but it did cause mild panic when I saw it. See the video below for bug demonstration.

13 hours ago, SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH! said:

Ok,I am playing against geara and zetta on the mountain currently.I just realised that mega absol outpaces my lycanroc for some reason.I thought speed calculation takes place on second turn.Is this a bug or am I missing something.

That was the case in gen 6. They changed that in gen 7 so speed, like all the other stats is changed on the turn it mega-evolves now.

On 10/18/2019 at 3:49 PM, SweatSlash said:

That was the case in gen 6. They changed that in gen 7 so speed, like all the other stats is changed on the turn it mega-evolves now.

Oh...damn had no idea.My Greninja was able to outpace mega gengar so I thought speed changed on next turn.Maybe had modest nature which is rather surprising given I am playing on intense.Abilities must activate on next turn I guess like prankster banette and mega swampert

Copycat fails to use Cosmic Power

On the first turn (no idea if it also fails during other turns) Marianette's Delcatty uses Cosmic Power and my Clefairy uses Copycat right after but it fails for some reason. This happens in the blessed field.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2019 at 2:15 AM, Yahiro said:

At the 2nd battle of virtual elite 4 battle i get to use my original team(this happen's after i took the option of taking a break after 1st battle)

Also happened to me.

Got through Will and Koga with my Cyndaquil team, took a break, came back to Bruno with my squad of 85's and kept them for the rest of the E4.

Kind of erased the challenge.

However, I had replaced a member of my team with Rotom, then got my guy (A-Raichu) back prior to this fight.

After beating Lance, A-Raichu was replaced with Rotom entirely. I have two of them now.

Edited by DrizztLink
Further information