Savefile Troubleshooting V12

Zumi

Hello!  My file has some issues last few updates with my character sprites.  The overworld sprite is fine (recently changed to new nb with white hair), but my other player sprites such as the VS and trainer card sprites are a different character (a gym leader? i think its trainer 141 in the files).  Would it be possible to fix this?  Thank you!

Game.rxdata

Hi so I'm unable to start my game anymore. For context, I'm finished the V12 story and all the sidequests afaik, and I was trying to get Spiritomb in the Darchlight Woods, I accidentally killed it so I reset, and now I just get an error message saying "Script 'Scene_Intro' line 78: NameError occurred. uninitialized constant IntroEventScene::PBSpecies". I also have the V12 debug mod installed. Any help would be great, cheers.

I was really dumb and have essentially softlocked my story progression. I decided to use the claydoll in the desert to go back to GDC in chapter 14 to take the train to get an egg. When I got back to the train station in West Gearen an officer was blocking the way into the station, which has stopped me from progressing. Now I can't do anything in either GDC, any area connected, or the desert. It's my fault for being super dumb. Is there any way to fix this or am I royally screwed?

Game.rxdata

Hi! for what i can see, there's a "popular" glitch, im on the east gearen sewers, i battled garbodor, i loose all my money (i think) and when i finally win... the game crashed,  melia says something and then nothing happens, here is my savefile, sorry but i don't know where is the game.rxdata, so if someone tell me, i will edit this

LastSave.dat

Hi,

I have a bug at East Gearen City, just before the bridge where i have to pay or fight someone to pass. I can't move, and no commands are responding but i can save, using D. I saved and restarted the game but it didn't change anything.

Please help to avoid having to restart from the beginning. I attached two files but i don't know if they are the right files so tell me if you need anything to help me.

Thanks for all the people that will pay attention to my request.

(English is not my first language so sorry if i made mistakes in english)

Game.ini LastSave.dat

As I start episode 13/ Version 11, Erin does not appear on Route 9 so I cannot continue the story. Here is the save file backup from DIRECTLY before the cutscene that ends episode 12 and starts episode 11, just so that whoever looks at this can see that starting the chapter itself does not cause the event for Erin showing up to trigger. I've looked on route 9, as well as everywhere is the scholar district/library area, so if I'm just missing where to continue the story on this file please let me know. 

Game.rxdata

13 hours ago, KingCrimson said:

As I start episode 13/ Version 11, Erin does not appear on Route 9 so I cannot continue the story. Here is the save file backup from DIRECTLY before the cutscene that ends episode 12 and starts episode 11, just so that whoever looks at this can see that starting the chapter itself does not cause the event for Erin showing up to trigger. I've looked on route 9, as well as everywhere is the scholar district/library area, so if I'm just missing where to continue the story on this file please let me know. 

Game.rxdata 244.2 kB · 0 downloads

I am having this problem as well... It's not missing where to go in the story, it is a bug.

If anyone can find a way to trigger the story into working, please help.

game.rxdata

Hey I got stuck in the rift garbador cut scene could you please help.

when i went into the pre battle cutscene my character got moved higher up the screen that it was obviously supposed to and now after defeating it the post battle cut scene can't continue because my character is stuck in place

Thanks!

Game.rxdata

So sorry about neglecting all of your saves, I will get to them now.

On 8/28/2019 at 8:51 PM, [ ] said:

Hi! 

I have an error that prevents me from playing. I can't load my save files and i haven't rescent bakcup.

image.thumb.png.ebcd520a13b54aae684aabefdf46879c.png*

I guess i saved in a wrong place. Just before my fight to get my 5th badge. Please help me ;((

LastSave.dat 3 B · 0 downloads

Hi, please try to reinstall the game first, and if that does not work, please get back to me.

On 9/2/2019 at 4:28 AM, emily_k82 said:

Hello!  My file has some issues last few updates with my character sprites.  The overworld sprite is fine (recently changed to new nb with white hair), but my other player sprites such as the VS and trainer card sprites are a different character (a gym leader? i think its trainer 141 in the files).  Would it be possible to fix this?  Thank you!

Game.rxdata 135.95 kB · 0 downloads

Please attempt to reinstall the game if it is issues with the sprites and not anything related to your save file.

On 9/4/2019 at 3:21 PM, SilverZephyr said:

Hi so I'm unable to start my game anymore. For context, I'm finished the V12 story and all the sidequests afaik, and I was trying to get Spiritomb in the Darchlight Woods, I accidentally killed it so I reset, and now I just get an error message saying "Script 'Scene_Intro' line 78: NameError occurred. uninitialized constant IntroEventScene::PBSpecies". I also have the V12 debug mod installed. Any help would be great, cheers.

Again, please attempt to reinstall the game, as this is a script error.

On 9/10/2019 at 3:15 AM, Tarako_Pasta_Sauce said:

I was really dumb and have essentially softlocked my story progression. I decided to use the claydoll in the desert to go back to GDC in chapter 14 to take the train to get an egg. When I got back to the train station in West Gearen an officer was blocking the way into the station, which has stopped me from progressing. Now I can't do anything in either GDC, any area connected, or the desert. It's my fault for being super dumb. Is there any way to fix this or am I royally screwed?

Game.rxdata 236.48 kB · 0 downloads

Changed your location.

Game.rxdata

On 9/12/2019 at 4:14 AM, joeyboem said:

Hello im stuck in route 9 because i flew away after i had beaten the gymleader in GDC stadium can someone help me please. Everything is blocked off cant go back with train.

Game.rxdata 222.52 kB · 0 downloads

Moved you to GDC Stadium.

Game.rxdata

On 9/23/2019 at 8:44 AM, Shibatezan said:

Hi. Chapther 14 started but i couldn't get to the stadium by train. Then i got the patch fix and now i am at the tournament area but the door is locked. Could anybody help me?

game.rxdata 269.25 kB · 0 downloads

Well, you aren't meant to go to the tournament area after the chapter starts. You're meant to head outside for the next part of the story, so..

Put simply, I have just three problems:

- Doing the goomidra quest, after I battle against Goomink, and I beat him, the game freeze, and autosave( always autosaving in the worst situation), restarting the game, I'm still stuck, so... Kinda need some help.

- My character don't change its clothes when I want him to change

-If I not mistaken, in the  basement where we fight against Gardevoir I received a Focus Sash, but I can't find anywhere my Focus Sash, could someone just... Put there for me? If I'm wrong, and remembering wrong, please ignore this last request.

edit: Nevermind.... Just upload the previous version....

On 9/19/2019 at 8:19 AM, peden said:

I am having this problem as well... It's not missing where to go in the story, it is a bug.

If anyone can find a way to trigger the story into working, please help.

game.rxdata 298.05 kB · 0 downloads

I'm having the same issue too. I can't find Erin anywhere. She's not in Route 9 or at the Blakeory Anatheum 

Game.rxdata

I have the same poblem as posted above, after beating Adam I did sidequests in gaeren and now I cant enter the tournament area with the train from Route 9.

Can someone please place me there?

I am standing in gaeren park, it is where I was before because the savefile from route 9 is to big (542kb) for the forum upload)

Edit: deleted my file because it was fixed in 12.2 Thanks anyway!

Edited by Arock

I entered Valor Mountain (surrendered the Magma stone over, so no Magma drift) got the Emotion Powder and went down the first pair of stairs into a softlock, can't move or open menu, only saving is possible. Reloading game or using older savefiles does not prevent the bug from happening.

Screenshot (3).png

Game.rxdata

Edited by Kimbo

On 9/28/2019 at 4:58 AM, Memoires said:
On 9/1/2019 at 1:28 PM, emily_k82 said:

Game.rxdata 135.95 kB · 0 downloads

Please attempt to reinstall the game if it is issues with the sprites and not anything related to your save file.

I've attempted reinstalling from different mirrors, as well as going back to a previous version (v9).  I did find after comparing versions that in v9, trainer 141 and vsTrainer141 are the image files for the old nb player, whereas in v12, trainer141 are now the image files for a non player character (with the new nb player character I'm playing now directed as Trainer 5).  I figured it was an issue with the save moving to the newer version and looking at the wrong files.

edit: I do want to stay as the new nb player with white hair, my game just really doesn’t like version changes 

Edited by emily_k82

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...