Site Attack/Upgrade + New Warning

THANK YOU! I'm probably the only person happy about this but you know what, there will always be that one rule you dislike. I'm just going to tell you people that. I'll make life simple for people on discord:

Don't bring it up at all in anything but Mod Market unless a newbie brings it up first. And just call it hacking because it's basically the same principle. Debug is a hacking tool which is fine. Instead of trying to justify it this just makes it easier for new players to understand without forcing it on then. I use debug mode as it has uses.

The other issue with cheating is that it freezes a game's ability to improve so maybe instead of hacking to do stuff you could file a legit complaint. Half the reason Rejuv is as good as it is was due to listening and fixing stuff. Just saying.

• Upvote 7

Shame on whoever decided to try attacking these forums, people really need to find better things to do with their time.

Also I appreciate the new rule or guideline for Debug Dealing. I feel as if people are way too quick to go into that mode to solve any "problems" they encounter at times. People need to slow down and figure things out for themselves sometimes and we should be encouraging that attitude. Besides that, trying to fix something that isn't broken will actually break it.

14 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Shame on whoever decided to try attacking these forums, people really need to find better things to do with their time.

Also I appreciate the new rule or guideline for Debug Dealing. I feel as if people are way too quick to go into that mode to solve any "problems" they encounter at times. People need to slow down and figure things out for themselves sometimes and we should be encouraging that attitude. Besides that, trying to fix something that isn't broken will actually break it.

It's also true people should be mature enough to decide how to expierence their game, if you find something truly frustating by any means, cut the frustating part out and enjoy the rest, on the other hand do it at your own cost since some rewards won't be as satysfing. I agree with this rule though, proposing the easy way out so fast when someone is struggling is a bit unfair, a little push to help is enough.

Well i also like the new heads up because I also feel not everything needs to be solved by debug, which honestly takes away from the challenge of the game. I think letting people know that the mod exists though shouldn't count as target for warning, however.

34 minutes ago, Angelo said:

It's also true people should be mature enough to decide how to expierence their game, if you find something truly frustating by any means, cut the frustating part out and enjoy the rest, on the other hand do it at your own cost since some rewards won't be as satysfing. I agree with this rule though, proposing the easy way out so fast when someone is struggling is a bit unfair, a little push to help is enough.

I agree to a degree, but for the most part I don't think you can really use debug to skip most of the areas people consider to be the most unpleasant. Besides, we have a variety of mods on these forums that can give Reborn lots of quality of life features to lessen frustrations and annoyances or just make the game a tiny bit more cozy to play casually. 

There's very little legitimate use for the mod besides getting to certain events with it or getting yourself out of a soft locked situation, which are pretty rare. 

1 hour ago, Lone Wanderer Jordan said:

So is it a case of even mentioning debug is a warning? Because if so, that's just ridiculous. 

If it's offered as a suggestion, it is up to the person who asked if they decide to use it or not. Don't punish people just for talking about it.

The debug warning is solely for suggesting that someone use debug when what they are trying to achieve is perfectly possible ingame. You can still discuss debug mode and recommend its use for gamebreaking bugs, softlocks, and the like. Furthermore, it is a zero-point warning, meaning it has no real bearing on one's progress towards any punishments. 

Soooooo.....just to clarify something right now:

If somebody asks how another player can have a Pokémon that is not catchable in the current game version....

Is it still okay to explain to the person asking that the other guy used Debug Mode or similar mods?

Or is that a violation of this new rule already?

That being said, i think this rule is a good idea. Especially new players should not try to solve every little issue by using Debug Mode right away. It ruins the experience and may lead some people to the assumption that Reborn and Rejuvenation can't be beaten without cheating....

• Administrators
1 hour ago, ShogokiX said:

If somebody asks how another player can have a Pokémon that is not catchable in the current game version....

Is it still okay to explain to the person asking that the other guy used Debug Mode or similar mods?

Or is that a violation of this new rule already?

There's nothing wrong with talking about debug or mentioning it in a case like that. It just shouldn't be proposed as one of the first solutions to an otherwise manageable problem. 

Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game. - Civ4 developer.
The casual player probably won't even realize or be able to resist breaking the learning/difficulty curve of the game by accident when they first discover a debugger, being able to experience the catharsis of adapting pass the puzzle-like difficulty is the main sell I use when recommending Reborn. Keeping it low profile is a good idea as long as its existence isn't completely censored to save some potentially hair pulling frustration like resetting seven hours for a blue moon ice cream that refuses to drop.