I think I messed up... [Save files]

nudomdom

So I'm stuck at a specific part in the game 

Spoiler

After reaching the Doctor and Sirius in the mountain after they raided the house, fighting Steelix.

I've got a horrible team for this part and couldn't get out to change it... So I figured I would try to reload an earlier save file to switch my team up. I saw a thread from awhile ago that said to rename and replace the save file you wanted to load with the latest "Game" file, but for some reason that wouldn't work. It wouldn't let me replace it and renaming it just put it as "Game (2)". So, because apparently I'm extremely dumb, I decided to try copy-pasting the contents of the files instead.... And now the game won't open. There's a whole bunch of error messages; I can get to the screen to load your game, and then it crashes. Is there anyway to fix this? Am I going to have to delete and re-download the whole game?

1 hour ago, nudomdom said:

So, because apparently I'm extremely dumb, I decided to try copy-pasting the contents of the files instead....

You did what now?

Are you sure you attempted to replace the actual save file and not the game files themselves? Your save file tends to be in a completely different folder from the actual game files that you download. 

On windows your save files should be in a folder called: C:\Users\YourNameHere\Saved Games\Pokemon Reborn

Also when you change save files you need to either delete the current save file which is listed simply as "Game.rxdata" or change it's name to something such as "Game2.rxdata" so that you can rename the backup file to "Game.rxdata". 

Anyways, I'd go ahead and try to redownload the game and go from there.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nudomdom said:

It wouldn't let me replace it and renaming it just put it as "Game (2)".

That'll be because there was still a file named "Game".

You first need to rename the file named "Game".

Delete the original file you ruined, and rename the backup you wanted to "Game"

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sirrobert said:

That'll be because there was still a file named "Game".

You first need to rename the file named "Game".

Delete the original file you ruined, and rename the backup you wanted to "Game"

That worked like a charm! Thank you so much for your help; I really appreciate you guys taking the time to help me out.