Pokémon Reborn: the novelization

Gabriel1

Alright, around a week ago, I have posted here about how I wanted to make a Reborn fic, and I have decided to push it a bit further. Up until now, I have completed 6 chapters and I'm on the way to complete the seventh, although I will only publish the chapters weekly or bi-weekly. So, here it is, my very first fic: 

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13328342/1/Pokémon-Reborn-the-novelisation

Just like before, since this is my first publicly published story, I would love it if you could give me some feedback about how my writing has made your day, or how it sucks, or how I could make it better. If a member of the staff sees this, I would very much appreciate your opinion on my handling of the wonderful world and characters that you have created.

If you end up reading this post, then I wish you a good day.

Edit: If you want to get updates regarding the advancement of the story, then you can follow this thread, I'll post updates when I post chapters.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Shiny_umbreonDestiny said:

He dude this is just a little nitpick on the title but Novelization has a Z not an S.

I have just checked, both with 's' and 'z' are acceptable, but the z is more often used. I will change it, thanks for bringing it to my attention!

• Upvote 1

Alright, I didn't think I would make it this quickly, but the 12th chapter is out. Decibel: The cavalry is here!

Seriously, I think Decibel has been my favorite character to write as of now. What do you think?

Alright, this one took some more time, but chapter 13 is out.

From now on, I will slow down a little bit, so I do not stress myself out for litterrally nothing.

Anyway, to those who will see this, have a good read!

38 minutes ago, Cadmium48 said:

I really enjoy this fic! Decibel is the best.

How did you decide on what genders to make Ari and Decibel, given that they're the non-binary options?

That, my friend, is an excellent question!

For Decibel, I will keep referring to them with non-gendered pronouns. Part of their character is the mystery they have around them, and keeping their gender a secret will add to that.

As for Ari, I made something a bit different. I do not intend on directly stating it, but I have let some hints in the story that she represents a different branch of the LGBTQ+ than Decibel. I felt that it would be better to make the two different in this regard.

Update, Chapter 14 is out!

Vero and Lucia: The slums (part 2)

So, I originally intended to post it yesterday, but I've somehow become sick in the middle of the summer. Because of this, I am also unsure that the second half of the chapter actually has the same quality as the first. If you remark a drop, please let me know.

Update: Chapter 16 is out!

Vero and Lucia: The slums (part 3)

I know I've said it before, but there may be more time between updates in the future, but never more than a week.

And also, like before, don't hesitate to give feedback! Constructive criticism and general appreciation are both good to recieve and help me in honing my writing skills.

Update: Chapter 17 is now out!

Alice and Decibel: Striking Back

Stuff continues to go down at Jasper, now that the trainers are trying to find what is causing these plants to attack everyone who played the game would know, but whatever.

I have tried to include some further characterisation for both main characters here, I hope it feels natural.

Once again, feedback is extremely scarce, so any you can give would be welcome.

Update: Chapter 18 is out!

Lucia: The Coral Ward

If you're reading this, or the new chapters while you're at it, and you have any kind of constructive feedback to give, then please tell me. It's been weeks without someone telling me anything and I am beginning to worry that my quality of writing is dropping.