Rift Garbadour Help Please I’m Begging You

I need desperate help with this hot garbage. The guide has failed me it says Garbadour is level 55 but it is not. Garbadour is a monsterous level 62 and is practically untouchable. Even the admittedly outdated field manual is wrong on how to get rid of it’s stupid corrosive hellhole.  Lava plume can put it out but hurricane cant?

My team cannot even dent it’s healthbar before a brutal demise. Sludgewave hits like a truck and it’s draining attacks keep it alive forever. Add in the fact a passive poison heal that outpaces burn, confusion damage, and sometimes even regular damage. And even when I get rid of the field it always comes back with sludge wave. 

Pls help

My current rotation  

Level 55-60

Nidoqueen

Sammurot

Espeon

Solrock

Chandelure

Mawile

Crobat

Lycanroc

Shiftry

Raichu

Other then that I have almost all of the event Pokémon at varying levels.

1 hour ago, Malfeasance said:

I need desperate help with this hot garbage. The guide has failed me it says Garbadour is level 55 but it is not. Garbadour is a monsterous level 62 and is practically untouchable. Even the admittedly outdated field manual is wrong on how to get rid of it’s stupid corrosive hellhole.  Lava plume can put it out but hurricane cant?

My team cannot even dent it’s healthbar before a brutal demise. Sludgewave hits like a truck and it’s draining attacks keep it alive forever. Add in the fact a passive poison heal that outpaces burn, confusion damage, and sometimes even regular damage. And even when I get rid of the field it always comes back with sludge wave. 

Pls help

My current rotation  

Level 55-60

Nidoqueen

Sammurot

Espeon

Solrock

Chandelure

Mawile

Crobat

Lycanroc

Shiftry

Raichu

Other then that I have almost all of the event Pokémon at varying levels.

If you can PP stall them do that. If your Nidoqueen has any Ground type attacks use those. If you can't do either of the things I mentioned then uh... go back to a previous save before you got to West Gearen and train up a ground type Pokemon or two. Or a Pokemon that can PP stall it. Not much you can do tbh.

On 7/2/2019 at 6:03 PM, ZappoNinja said:

If you can PP stall them do that. If your Nidoqueen has any Ground type attacks use those. If you can't do either of the things I mentioned then uh... go back to a previous save before you got to West Gearen and train up a ground type Pokemon or two. Or a Pokemon that can PP stall it. Not much you can do tbh.

Yeah this is what I ended up doing. I reset to get hurricane on my shiftry to get rid of the field but it didn’t work. Then I spent an agonizing hour throwing my main team at it over and over. No matter what I did it had too much health and power for me to make a dent.

Then Nidoqueen who I previously only used for toxic spikes came to my rescue. Along with a very underleveled Macargo and it’s field destroying lava plume. It came back right away but the damage was what mattered. Finally after a tedious series of digs I killed it.

This is probably one of the most poorly designed battles in all honestly. You are trapped with a potentially under leved team with no way of leaving for help. No grinding, no item restock, and no training new Pokémon only suffering. If you didn’t have a good ground type or a specific fire type move then I can’t imagine how you’d defeat it without bending over backwards.

1 hour ago, Malfeasance said:

Yeah this is what I ended up doing. I reset to get hurricane on my shiftry to get rid of the field but it didn’t work. Then I spent an agonizing hour throwing my main team at it over and over. No matter what I did it had too much health and power for me to make a dent.

Then Nidoqueen who I previously only used for toxic spikes came to my rescue. Along with a very underleveled Macargo and it’s field destroying lava plume. It came back right away but the damage was what mattered. Finally after a tedious series of digs I killed it.

This is probably one of the most poorly designed battles in all honestly. You are trapped with a potentially under leved team with no way of leaving for help. No grinding, no item restock, and no training new Pokémon only suffering. If you didn’t have a good ground type or a specific fire type move then I can’t imagine how you’d defeat it without bending over backwards.

Oh yeah definitely not the greatest designed battle but it is what it is.