I’m bored. So name a character you want in Smash Bros, and I’ll explain why they qualify as a Generic Anime Swordsman.

ShadeStrider

For example, say you want Izuku Midorya in Smash.

He used to take notes on his favorite heroes with a pen, right? The saying is, “The pen is mightier than the sword”, right. That would imply that the pen is indeed comparable to a sword. And since he’s from an anime, he qualifies as a Generic Anime Swordsman.

Spoiler

This topic is a joke. Don’t take it seriously. I feel like some people here can’t get sarcasm.

• Like 2

Joey Wheeler from Bakugan.

Similiar to the Pokémon trainer as his free closestfriendly best buddy pal mate together forever bond besty bro bro bois.. pals with

- Greymon -

- Jibanyan - 

- Barney the purple dinosaur -

Final Smash: Summon the legendary companion - Big Chungus - and thanos snaps your opponent’s live stock to halve

Please consider my selection and have a nice day. 👍

16 hours ago, Gabriel1 said:

Slimer from Ghostbusters.

Slimer... Slimer Actually reminds me of Abaddon from the SMT Franchise. Abaddon is the Persona Minato equipped when he defeated the Nyx Avatar in my playthrough. Since Abaddon is one of Minato's "Personas" and Minato is an Emo Anime Boy who can be equipped with a sword, then that make's Slimer a generic Anime Swordsman.

15 hours ago, PokeFailure said:

Courage the cowardly dog. From Tekken. 

All Tekken Characters are anime by nature, and didn't Courage wield a Sword in one of the episodes? Or something like a sword anyway, like a bat?

Generic Anime Swordsman.

15 hours ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

The Prince, from Katamari Damaci.

Made by Bandai Namco, meaning it's Anime by default. And Because Katamari means you can roll up anything, it's entirely possible that you rolled up a sword like object along with the prince.

Generic Anime Swordsman.

15 hours ago, LeoYT said:

Aurora, Child of Light

Her plot is Anime enough... And she literally uses a Sword of Mathildis for Melee Attacks.

Generic Anime Swordwoman... Like Lucina.

• Like 2

This is like those off-the-wall illuminati theories. I love those. How about my mans Crash Bandicoot?

(Also, does declaring them an anime swordsman make them more or less likely to get into Smash...?)

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2019 at 4:17 AM, Anti-loser said:

Joey Wheeler from Bakugan.

Similiar to the Pokémon trainer as his free closestfriendly best buddy pal mate together forever bond besty bro bro bois.. pals with

- Greymon -

- Jibanyan - 

- Barney the purple dinosaur -

Final Smash: Summon the legendary companion - Big Chungus - and thanos snaps your opponent’s live stock to halve

Please consider my selection and have a nice day. 👍

Barney the Dinosaur is indeed a Generic Anime Swordsman. All of Gamefaqs agrees, so it must true. This renders the entire character infected with "GenericAnimeSwordmanitis"

On 7/5/2019 at 10:54 PM, Kunikunatu said:

This is like those off-the-wall illuminati theories. I love those. How about my mans Crash Bandicoot?

(Also, does declaring them an anime swordsman make them more or less likely to get into Smash...?)

He's drawn comparisons to Sonic The Hedgehog, protagonist of Sonic and the Black Knight. Sonic uses a Sword to get through that game.

This means that Sonic is indeed a Generic Anime Swordsman, and by comparison, Crash Bandicoot is as well.

On 7/21/2019 at 4:31 PM, Maelstrom said:

how bout Yuffie?

At 1:00, you can clearly see Yuffie use her Shuriken like it's a sword. And this is an Anime Opening. And by Association with Cloud, my main and a Generic Anime Swordman in his own right, Yuffie is a Generic Anime Swordswoman.

On 7/21/2019 at 7:36 PM, Commander said:

Cataquack

Another Final Fantasy VII Comparison. 

At 6:00, Sephiroth uses his sword to send Cloud into the air. Cataquacks are known for sending Mario up in the air.

By association with Sephiroth, I declare the entire Cataquack race a bunch of Generic Anime Swordsmen.

On 7/21/2019 at 8:17 PM, Alisae said:

The Heavy from Team Fortress 2

You mean Overwatch before Overwatch? He's among the most well known and recognizable characters in Team Fortress 2, sort of like... Genji! You know who Genji is a rip off of? Gray Fox from Metal Gear. You know what Gray Fox is? A Generic Anime Swordsman!

Another path you may consider is the fact that the Genji Glove is a recurring Final Fantasy Item. Final Fantasy is full of Generic Anime Swordsmen who use the Genji glove. Cyan, Zack Fair, Cecil, Locke (Knife = Tiny Sword).

By association with Overwatch, and in turn, Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid (And by extension, Elder Scrolls, because "Grey Fox"), two non nintendo franchises who somehow have characters in Smash, I declare Heavy a Generic Anime Swordsman.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2019 at 5:46 AM, Siragon said:

I'm curious of what you can find for the one and only PERRY THE PLATYPUS !

It is very possible that Perry swung something at Dr Doofensmirtz like one would swing a sword. I don’t remember every episode of Phineas and Ferb, but I can say that much.

Generic Anime SwordPlatypus.

On 7/26/2019 at 12:54 PM, LeonVermillion said:

batman

He literally studied Kendo as a Martial Art, how is he not a Generic Anime Swordsman?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2019 at 2:12 PM, Lorisaur said:

Gandrayda or Rundas from Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Gandrayda literally uses throwing blades against Samus. Generic Anime Swordswoman.

Rundas can use Ice, which can have sharp edges. You know what else has sharp edges? A Sword! Generic Anime Swordsman.

On 7/29/2019 at 10:38 PM, seki108 said:

Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)

Marisa Kirisame

Tetris Block-Cube

Doesn't Sweet tooth use a blade in one of his appearances? Generic Anime SwordIceCreamMan.

Marisa uses a broom. Which can be used as a sword, as that once crappy Spiderwick Chronicles game I got as a kid demonstrates. Generic Anime Swordmage.

Again, A Tetris Block has edges, just like a sword. Generic Anime Swordblock.

Anyone else who commented, I'll get to yours eventually. I just got lazy, that's all.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...