Pokemon Enigma - New Chapter!

MegaMew

22 hours ago, dnjdndf said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hey everyone. I am on the part where the rebellion has just started. Can anyone tell me where i need to go. I spoke to Emma who said she will be at the shopping center but she was not there. Thank you in advance

You need to go in one of the apartments.

53 minutes ago, Mayflower896 said:

I'm in the part in which you need to collect Willow's package and I've tried the Gate with the truck but it isn't there. Could someone tell me where it is?

Go to the factory at the south-east part of the city.

Having played through the game, I want to say something positive, but am having a hard time doing so. While I appreciate the effort on your behalf, I have several issues with the game. My issues boil down to the following:

Spoiler
Spoiler

1. Copying rejuveation's files. The mapping, spriting, and eventing all feel like you just copypasted rejuvenation. This in and of itself needs not be problematic so long as you provide new contect and explicitly credit the authors of the work your game is based on. 

However, the game to many extents feels like copypaste central: fletchlings and even woopers laugh at you for running away. You go to the library to collect a forbidden book with the exact same sprite as a forbidden book in rejuvenation. Even the fire looks copypasted from where love lies.

The lack of credits anywhere in particular irk me: did you talk to reborn's/rejuv's/desolation's developers before you made this? 

And then there's a final issue that irks me: the 'shame' map when people try to open your game in rpg maker xp. How can you call shame on people for trying to extract your resources after all the previous points?  It just seems arrogant to me.

Spoiler

2. Gameplay/Balance. I couldn't gauge what difficulty you were going for. Referring back to issue 1, you kept the difficulty levels from rejuvenation, but they seem to have no discernable effect on gameplay.

I played on intense, and bar the first gym leader's houndoom, no mons on the enemy team did anything to fix fire's inherent weaknesses. What's more, the grassy terrain --> burning field interaction did not work due to the game being based on rejuvenation scripts.

A battle against an unwinnable foe doesn't work when you've given dozens of status-wise counterplay beforehand. The most glaring example here would be brightpowder (from wild wurmple). They turn the would-be impossible fight into a joke. There are probably more ways to cheese, but this is just one example.

Spoiler

3. Plot

There's a cult and they rioted. They apparently have legendary mons and... dragonite? I'm sorry, but I couldn't follow the plot at all.

The game's plot feels like it tries to combine reborn, rejuvenation and desolation into one game, which in my opinion is trying to do too much at once. As a result, the structure of the underlying game is lost, as underlined previously.

One issue in particular I'd like to outline is how 'michael' can command the fire gym leader to fight with no underlying control mechanism? How does that work? How can she even apologize for fighting you while under Michael's control?

To this end, I'd like to make 2 gentle recommendations for future work:

Spoiler

Spoiler

1. Credit the resources you use and ask for permission in advance. This way, you both have the consent of the developer before you start and have them to help you think in case you want to change anything substantial. It also allows you to pull the plug before you start in case a developer is not on board with your changes.

Spoiler

2. Have a game plan before you start editing. This allows you to both not outright copy other games as well as keep fresh material after the first few releases.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in case any part of my post is unclear, for future advice or any other matter.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Zarc said:

Hi , i recently started to play your game but i'm kinda stuck on the cult hideout : i did the first puzzle to unlock the first door but then the two others remain locked and i have no ideas what to do next . Any suggestions ?

@MegaMew could help but what story did you choose? Brady, the professor  or did you go alone?

10 hours ago, Zarc said:

Hi , i recently started to play your game but i'm kinda stuck on the cult hideout : i did the first puzzle to unlock the first door but then the two others remain locked and i have no ideas what to do next . Any suggestions ?

If you could post your save file, then I can be able to help you out more.