Mod Request/Search - Turn off the flashing

Avallyn

Hello 🙂

I've recently started playing reborn and I absolutely love it. It's so amazing with all the details and the difficulty and the sidequests😍

But one thing that is a bit problematic for me for health reasons are the constantly flashing lights in some areas. Is there a way to turn them off? I've searched for a mod that does this in the forum and on google but had no luck. Does one exist already? If not, is anyone interested in making one? I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem....

Best regards,

Avallyn

P.S.: I don't actually care if the mod would make it really dark or "normal" levels of light or anything in between, I can deal with that and it wouldn't be the first area I explored while seeing almost nothing, but I really want the flashing to stop.

I didn't make a list while playing and I'm not very far yet so this is going to be very incomplete/I'm probably going to get bits mixed up (sorry in advance):

- lightening weather is unpleasant (but there's a weather mod, so it's annoying but ok)

- Shades Gym (I just saw it in a playthrough, that's why I started looking for the mod, it's absolutely awful, I'm currently trying to figure out how to convince someone else to play that bit for me when I get there)

- some of the street lamps (great for atmosphere, but....)

- Earthquakes (again, thanks to the playthrough) are unpleasant but manageable

- some of the factories, I think? (it's been a while, I'm not sure if I saw a factory location flash in a playthrough or my own playing)

I'm currently only at the Grand Staircase for the first time, I had a break in between so I probably missed a lot. Sorry for that!

Thank you very much for taking an interest!!!

P.S.: I'm at the lower end of "Flashing is a Problem" so it could be that some things that don't bother me would bother others

Edited by Avallyn

the shaking of the screen mostly. I saw it on a playthrough and just stopped looking at the screen right away and just listened for that bit so I didn't see any of those flashes, but I can't do that when playing myself...

Edited by Avallyn
added some details

• Veterans

Kay! So here's a deflashed set of maps for your data folder.

Data.zip

Changed areas include:
Shade's Gym

Peridot Ward

Yureyu

7th Street

Anywhere with a screen flash

Anywhere with a screen shake

Thunderstorms

This won't be compatible with other mods that alter the scripts or any of those areas.

Let me know if I missed anything!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

oh wow! andracass, you are absolutely amazing! I'll implement that right away. Thank you so much!!!

how do I recognize mods that alter scripts? I'm currently playing with some mods from the SWM modular modpack (the most useful are the unreal time, no TMX needed and the pickup one).

(link: https://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/24930-swm-modular-modpack-e18/)

it says I can only upload about 500kb and the scripts.rxdata has about 900kb and winrar doesn't change it much so I uploaded it to firefox send: https://send.firefox.com/download/3723e7fe1d99ee9b/#SbUaXWD_QY8zSKN99MImtg

I can live not using mods though, if this makes things complicated, you've already pretty much made my day 🙂

Thank you so much! You really are the best girlTM !!!

For anyone else who wants to use some of the SWM modular modpack, the ones I'm using are:

Spoiler

• "SWM - BagSortByType"

• "SWM - EvOverflow"

• "SWM - FindInPC

• "SWM - ItemRadar

• "SWM - LearnEggMoves"

• "SWM - MiningForRich"

• "SWM - Mouse"

• "SWM - MultiSelectPC"

• "SWM - NoTMXNeeded"
• "SWM - PickupQoL"

• "SWM - PredictRelationshipValues"
• "SWM - SetWeather"

• "SWM - ShowStatBoosts"

• "SWM - TypeBattleIcons"
• "SWM - UnrealTime"

• "SWM - WildEncounterRates"

I completely forgot I had some of them in there, it's quite the list. I don't know how many of those actually change the script, but still.... you really know your stuff, again: Thank you!

May I point out that none of the mods in SWM alter the file Scripts.rxdata?
That's the whole point of them being .rb files to be put into Data\Mods 😅

The thing that worries me (and maybe should be looked into) is that @andracass found edits in your Scripts.rxdata file... this either means that you're using other mods (that you forgot about), or... well, actually, that's pretty much all of the possibilities (since the mods in SWM check the game's version, and since some of the mods you listed do not have an older version without this check, it can be assumed that you're not using an outdated version of SWM nor are you using an older Reborn release).

?!? ok, now I'm kind of concerned!

What I did was the following:

1) download pokemon reborn from the first Mirror here on the page.

2) download the modpack from the link in the first post on the SWM thread

2.5) un-zip everything

3) follow the instructions to copy/paste the relevant stuff

4) play

I never touched the scripts.rxdata file and I figured if there were changes it must have been the mods I was using?

I still have the old one in another folder for backup, but the site won't let me upload anything bigger than 0,49MB and the file has about 900kB.

How likely is it that somewhere a virus got in there?

Edit: 1-4 happened this week and I am sure that I added no other (non SWM) mods, since those covered everything except the flashing I made this post about

I tried opening both with the regular windows editor because I figured the basics of a programming language stay similar enough that I might be able to find specific differences between my backup safefile and another freshly downloaded one and post them here or something for the experts, but lo and behold it's all symbols from an asian language🤣

I would like to know what's going on and I'll help however I can but apparently just using a random editor (or having google spit one out for me) does not get me started on that.

Is there a way to increase the size of the files I'm allowed to upload?

Edited by Avallyn

13 hours ago, Avallyn said:

How likely is it that somewhere a virus got in there?

Very unlikely ( @andracass would have recognized a virus when she checked your file, even assuming that someone found a way to actually put a virus in there)... maybe it simply got corrupted while downloading.
I agree with andracass: just use the Scripts.rxdata file that she sent you and you should be fine.

9 hours ago, andracass said:

i had just assumed the modpack changes the scripts.

They do change the scripts, just... indirectly. 😛
(Every mod in SWM is essentially a monkey patch applied on the base game's scripts)

• Thanks 1