Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Stealing Items?

Driftwood

Question

hello community! 😄

i wanna try to steal items from trainers. but how can we do it?

i searched the forum and the pokemon must know 3 moves, covet + fling + recycle, but seems like i'm confused...

here are the questions.

1.can we really steal it in ep18?

2.what's the best pokemon to make it true? since i dont know much about pokemon world... 😅

we need a good pokemon in defense to do it right? since it needs 3 turns to do those moves?

btw thank you for responding. anyone of u!

16 answers to this question

Heart Scales? Well, why didn't you just say so! You just need To use thief on a wild Luvdisc. That's it. You can Find them in the lake in the Hidden Cove, by using a good rod or a super rod. Just remember to take the item off each time you steal one. And about the leftovers, you need to only put the pokemon to sleep (Makes is easier), and use thief, fling and recycle.

wait, you need more than one pokemon to set up that sleep/debuff state???

idk, many pokemons that i put to sleep, wake up just in 2 turns. hmm ..

i just want leftovers and heart scales for my pokemons atm. do u have suggestions to get them?

im on my way to fight Luna atm, @The Shady Dealer 🙂

but thanks for the tips anyway! 😁

Edited by The Shady Dealer

5 hours ago, Driftwood said:

hello community! 😄

i wanna try to steal items from trainers. but how can we do it?

i searched the forum and the pokemon must know 3 moves, covet + fling + recycle, but seems like i'm confused...

here are the questions.

1.can we really steal it in ep18?

2.what's the best pokemon to make it true? since i dont know much about pokemon world... 😅

we need a good pokemon in defense to do it right? since it needs 3 turns to do those moves?

btw thank you for responding. anyone of u!

You need a pokemon with Thief/Covet, Fling and Recycle. You use them on the Pokemon you want to steal from in the order I wrote them.  The Elemental Monkeys Trio can learn all of this moves.

A list of useful moves:

Magic room-It's canceling items for 5 turns. If you want to get any of the choice item you need to use this move.

Yawn- you can use yawn on the pokemon you're stealing from, and then let him kill your pokemon (you increase the number of turns the sleep is in effect).

Trick room- Make your slower pokemon Attack first for 5 turns.

I had like a combination of pokemon and moves that let me to get every item: Carbink with sturdy (ability) and trick room, and then a Lunatone with magic room, and then a Swalot with yawn, and a Panpour with thief, fling and recycle.

You do need a little bit of luck: the pokemon you're stealing from need to sleep for 3 turns. It is possible though, so don't give in your first, second or third try.

Edited by The Shady Dealer
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Shady Dealer said:

You need a pokemon with Thief/Covet, Fling and Recycle. You use them on the Pokemon you want to steal from in the order I wrote them.  The Elemental Monkeys Trio can learn all of this moves.

A list of useful moves:

Magic room-It's canceling items for 5 turns. If you want to get any of the choice item you need to use this move.

Yawn- you can use yawn on the pokemon you're stealing from, and then let him kill your pokemon (you increase the number of turns the sleep is in effect).

Trick room- Make your slower pokemon Attack first for 5 turns.

I had like a combination of pokemon and moves that let me to get every item: Carbink with sturdy (ability) and trick room, and then a Lunatone with magic room, and then a Swalot with yawn, and a Panpour with thief, fling and recycle.

You do need a little bit of luck: the pokemon you're stealing from need to sleep for 3 turns. It is possible though, so don't give in your first, second or third try.

wait, you need more than one pokemon to set up that sleep/debuff state???

idk, many pokemons that i put to sleep, wake up just in 2 turns. hmm ..

i just want leftovers and heart scales for my pokemons atm. do u have suggestions to get them?

im on my way to fight Luna atm, @The Shady Dealer 🙂

but thanks for the tips anyway! 😁

Many people use Indra to farm from

Munchlax is anther option with thief, recycle, fling, covet and as Snorlax it learns yawn if you want to go that route

Delphox magician ability, recycle, switcharoo, a move of your choice then a status move or attract (steaks item when is attacked, use switcharoo/fling (this damages the Pokemon it's flinging it to) to return item, use recycle to get the item back then not 100% need the status so you could choose 2 moves instead of 1)

Klefkei if magician recycle, switcharoo/fling, and two there moves you want to move second here

If prankster recycle, covet/thief/switcharoo, thunderwave/attract and one other move of your choice 

Gothitelle Frisk recycle, thief/covet/Trick, fling, thunder wave/Attract/trick room your choice or go for an attacking move as Gothitelle has pretty bulky defensive stats or run Claydol who has even bulkier stat in defence

Heart scales are from wild lovdisc I would suggest having something with compound eyes at the front of your party Butterfree works wonderful since it can learn thief also can get from mining rock common enough also find a few naturally if you want check out the linked guide in my signature

Depending on how late in game you are there are 2 leftovers in the renovated city in the cafe in North Obsidia and 1 on muchlax for qwilfish in calceleon city

• Upvote 1

It still works. It's a bit tricky when it comes to choice items because you'll have to swap the pokemon in and out to Fling the item before you can then Recycle it and keep it.

I really like Starry's suggestion of Munchlax/Snorlax. In the past I always used the elemental monkeys or Mr Mime, and all of those are really frail so it can be such a chore keeping them alive. I'm sure there's no such issues with a decently leveled Snorlax. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vinnie said:

It still works. It's a bit tricky when it comes to choice items because you'll have to swap the pokemon in and out to Fling the item before you can then Recycle it and keep it.

I really like Starry's suggestion of Munchlax/Snorlax. In the past I always used the elemental monkeys or Mr Mime, and all of those are really frail so it can be such a chore keeping them alive. I'm sure there's no such issues with a decently leveled Snorlax. 

I was tring to find decently bulky pokemon to suggest I was thinking of trying to find something with klutz as well for those tricky choice items and things with negitive concequences. I like Gothitelle myself just for the fact she gets frisk so you know which item they have but anything with Pickpocket or Magican is nice it takes a turn less usually and allows for an extra move to have on hand, pretty sure Delphox gets access to trick room as well if you want to go that way

On 6/22/2019 at 8:05 PM, The Shady Dealer said:

Heart Scales? Well, why didn't you just say so! You just need To use thief on a wild Luvdisc. That's it. You can Find them in the lake in the Hidden Cove, by using a good rod or a super rod. Just remember to take the item off each time you steal one. And about the leftovers, you need to only put the pokemon to sleep (Makes is easier), and use thief, fling and recycle.

but theres something weird about Luvdiscs, man...

id tried to use covet with the monkey on them, they died one hit because mine is lvl 65, but no items came. was it because i made them OHKO? 

strange. later i tried to catch them instead, and maybe, from 10 luvdiscs, 5 of them have Heart Scales. wtf? 😅 i just couldnt understand. maybe u know why?

anybody?

On 6/22/2019 at 10:56 PM, Starry Knight said:

Many people use Indra to farm from

Munchlax is anther option with thief, recycle, fling, covet and as Snorlax it learns yawn if you want to go that route

Delphox magician ability, recycle, switcharoo, a move of your choice then a status move or attract (steaks item when is attacked, use switcharoo/fling (this damages the Pokemon it's flinging it to) to return item, use recycle to get the item back then not 100% need the status so you could choose 2 moves instead of 1)

Klefkei if magician recycle, switcharoo/fling, and two there moves you want to move second here

If prankster recycle, covet/thief/switcharoo, thunderwave/attract and one other move of your choice 

Gothitelle Frisk recycle, thief/covet/Trick, fling, thunder wave/Attract/trick room your choice or go for an attacking move as Gothitelle has pretty bulky defensive stats or run Claydol who has even bulkier stat in defence

Heart scales are from wild lovdisc I would suggest having something with compound eyes at the front of your party Butterfree works wonderful since it can learn thief also can get from mining rock common enough also find a few naturally if you want check out the linked guide in my signature

Depending on how late in game you are there are 2 leftovers in the renovated city in the cafe in North Obsidia and 1 on muchlax for qwilfish in calceleon city

i have 1 gothitelle but its iv sucks. hmm. wait so claydol can use covet + fling + recycle??? sorry im a newbie.

like u said, i need a more defensive pokemons. but i really hate to swap.

maybe someone knows a pokemon which can learn those 3 movesets and a debuff like paralysis or sleep??

too bad im still on my way to fight the dark gym trainer. hasnt found munchlax atm... hmm

but since i need heart scales right now, i think butterfree + steal move is enough i think? or gothitelle to check their hold item? thank you so much! and yes, i already have 6 leftovers 😁 i gotta swip swap my monkeys just for em, and i think 6 items are more than enough... 😁

i need heart scales 😅

51 minutes ago, Driftwood said:

id tried to use covet with the monkey on them, they died one hit because mine is lvl 65, but no items came. was it because i made them OHKO? 

strange. later i tried to catch them instead, and maybe, from 10 luvdiscs, 5 of them have Heart Scales. wtf? 😅 i just couldnt understand. maybe u know why?

anybody?

i have 1 gothitelle but its iv sucks. hmm. wait so claydol can use covet + fling + recycle??? sorry im a newbie.

maybe someone knows a pokemon which can learn those 3 movesets and a debuff like paralysis or sleep??

too bad im still on my way to fight the dark gym trainer. hasnt found munchlax atm... hmm

but since i need heart scales right now, i think butterfree + steal move is enough i think? or gothitelle to check their hold item? thank you so much! and yes, i already have 6 leftovers 😁 i gotta swip swap my monkeys just for em, and i think 6 items are more than enough... 😁

i need heart scales 😅

Not all of them hold Heart Scales. I made that mistake too. If you'll use covet again you'll see you do get heart scales,  but not everytime. 

56 minutes ago, Driftwood said:

anybody?

i need heart scales 😅

There's a mode, I think It's called more options or smnn like that, that lets you fish without needing to press Z. It makes fishing for Luvdiscs much easier.

@Driftwood heart scales aren't gareentee you can check the exact percentages on Bulbapedia or in the item guide I believe

I would have something with compound eyes up front fainted then have a Pokemon with frisk I suggest gothitelle myself

Compound eyes out of battle effect is to make Pokemon holding items appear more often

20 hours ago, The Shady Dealer said:

There's a mode, I think It's called more options or smnn like that, that lets you fish without needing to press Z. It makes fishing for Luvdiscs much easier.

well is it add on or??? can u explain this bro?

ill appreciate ur help 😁

20 hours ago, Starry Knight said:

@Driftwood heart scales aren't gareentee you can check the exact percentages on Bulbapedia or in the item guide I believe

I would have something with compound eyes up front fainted then have a Pokemon with frisk I suggest gothitelle myself

Compound eyes out of battle effect is to make Pokemon holding items appear more often

soo, make the pokemon with that ability lead the party and faint? thank you!

if i aint mistaken i have a pokemon with that ability, and its a bug 😁 (i hate bug types pokemon tho... 😅)

but ill try it bro!

but why gothitelle? u said duskclops can do the job. isnt it more tanky than gothitelle?

1 hour ago, Driftwood said:

ill appreciate ur help 😁

if i aint mistaken i have a pokemon with that ability, and its a bug 😁 (i hate bug types pokemon tho... 😅)

but ill try it bro!

but why gothitelle? u said duskclops can do the job. isnt it more tanky than gothitelle?

Gothitelle has the ability frisk

It automatically checks for an item so you know for 100% that it has the item meaning you can either use a move to quickly knock out the Pokemon if it doesn't to gain exp/EVs or run and save time and moves

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Driftwood said:

ill appreciate ur help 😁

but ill try it bro!

In this thread you can download a mod box. Of the mods is add options (AMB). One of the options is called fishing smnn. That option makes it that you don't need to press z to haul the pokemon while fishing. Makes it a whole lot easier to farm for heart scales.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Starry Knight said:

Gothitelle has the ability frisk

It automatically checks for an item so you know for 100% that it has the item meaning you can either use a move to quickly knock out the Pokemon if it doesn't to gain exp/EVs or run and save time and moves

whoa but seems like ill use frisk later... 😁

the good thing is, mantyke, luvdisc and the other fish, are good pokemons to train speed evs. idk, now i make my raichu to do the covet things. but yes bro, it got better when i use my compound eyes nincada, and in approx. 2 hours i got about 24 heart scales. luvdiscs were so hard to find, but i love this! if i aint mistaken, from 10 luvdiscs, 6 or maybe 7 of them hold heart scales! thank you!

if only they arent this rare... i can fix my good pokemons nature... 😁 but now its more than i can ask... thank you!!!

10 minutes ago, The Shady Dealer said:

In this thread you can download a mod box. Of the mods is add options (AMB). One of the options is called fishing smnn. That option makes it that you don't need to press z to haul the pokemon while fishing. Makes it a whole lot easier to farm for heart scales.

gosh! im using a mod package from the forum (weather time change, pickup helper and so on), and it has no fishing add on helper...

THANK YOU!!! 😁

Can anyone confirm whether this got patched out in Episode 19?  I was really excited to farm items from Indra and I trained up a Snorlax with Covet/Fling/Recycle, but each time I go through the process the item is gone after the battle ends :'(

On 6/14/2022 at 6:34 PM, flutastic said:

Can anyone confirm whether this got patched out in Episode 19?  I was really excited to farm items from Indra and I trained up a Snorlax with Covet/Fling/Recycle, but each time I go through the process the item is gone after the battle ends :'(

I believe it was indeed patched.