In Rejuvenation Rare Candies are used mostly to bypass the hard exp cap and attain evolutions or moves early; you then use Reverse Candies to avoid being constantly disobeyed by your mons.

That said, I feel it's useless to have a Rare Candies vendor in Axis University, when the level cap is around 80 and you effectively don't need them anymore. In my latest run (v11) I had to abuse the Day Care to have my puny Helioptile learn Thunderbolt before evolving it (this was before going to Blacksteeple).

Tl;dr: I believe Rare Candies should be purchasable early game (for a price of course), because as of now there are too few when you really need them.

Edited by Kite Silvers

Base on my experience, I don't have any leveling problem in early game since there a lot of Audino trainer around with variety of level range so lack of rare candy in early game or even the whole game is not that much of a problem IMO. Also the fact that EV in HP is not a concern since Ev reducing berry is not that late to be obtainable(Akuwa town is still consider early for me and it's very cheap).

Getting to the cap is not the problem; going over it is, for lack of early Rare Candies. They are in the game specifically to allow early access to moves and evolutions, but one should be able to buy them from vendors since there are not enough around as it is when you need them.

The vendor on Route 3 used to sell them before V11, and imho that was the right place to do so (you wouldn't abuse 'em anyway, for lack of money).

Edited by Kite Silvers

13 hours ago, Kite Silvers said:

Getting to the cap is not the problem; going over it is, for lack of early Rare Candies. They are in the game specifically to allow early access to moves and evolutions, but one should be able to buy them from vendors since there are not enough around as it is when you need them.

The vendor on Route 3 used to sell them before V11, and imho that was the right place to do so (you wouldn't abuse 'em anyway, for lack of money).

There are many money exploits that not even Jan realizes so I think he’s just afraid that by putting it too early people will find an exploit and then get 2,000 rare candies or whatever.

33 minutes ago, ZappoNinja said:

There are many money exploits that not even Jan realizes so I think he’s just afraid that by putting it too early people will find an exploit and then get 2,000 rare candies or whatever.

Fair enough, but barring debug (and if you use that to level up, why even bother) such concerns are easily quelled by making them more expensive. I mean, in Reborn Rare Candies are sold in the early game for 10000 or so and nobody has a problem with that. And even then, you can't overdose your mons unless you want them to ignore you (I assume everyone uses Reverse/Common Candies as soon as they obtain what they wanted). Again, for comparison in Reborn you could easily obtain six LV100 mons by trading and play with such a team, but who actually does that?

Edited by Kite Silvers

rejuv offers too much exp already.  rare candies  are barely needed.   wanting to obtain early evolutions beyond the cap is a l u x u r y.  not something to design the game upon.

25 minutes ago, DemICE said:

wanting to obtain early evolutions beyond the cap is a l u x u r y

That's why the candies are supposed to be very expensive. Evolutions could make a good power up needed to defeat early gyms. 

56 minutes ago, DemICE said:

rejuv offers too much exp already.  rare candies  are barely needed.   wanting to obtain early evolutions beyond the cap is a l u x u r y.  not something to design the game upon.

And you are not wrong; but then, why have a vendor in Axis when Rare Candies are basically pointless? If an early vendor is too much (debatable, what with the price and all), at the very least there should be more in the overworld before it becomes meaningless to have Rare Candies at all.

Edited by Kite Silvers

12 hours ago, ZappoNinja said:

There actually used to be a Rare Candy vendor on Route 3 before V11, but I guess someone realized that you could farm the Solrock in Amethyst Cave for Stardust and the occasional rare Comet Shard, and Jan found out about it.