Healing Stations

J-Dawg

I'll try to make this short and simple.  In this game there are those sticks with orbs on them, and one is a PC box, and the other is a healing station.  There are, however, two healing stations.  One that always is around and can heal, and the other that can only heal once and then forever be useless.  Why is this a thing?  Why can't they all just last forever?  I've played this game for about a year and I only started questioning this once I had my slightly younger brother started playing this game, and once brought to the point where Jan (in-game, I like that touch BTW) explains how the things work regarding these weird-but-helpful things, my brother said "that's dumb" to how one type of healing station only works once.  To me, I realized, it seems like it may be a design choice of an older version of the game where it was to help keep harder areas harder.  But now it feels like it simply is a dumb way to make me go farther to get my heals instead of getting them at a conveniently closer location.  This game is difficult enough for me on the normal difficulty, so why is the inconvenience of being unable to reuse certain healing stations necessary?  Am I right at all in my thoughts or am I just a big dumb dumb that is complaining about something completely intended?  Actually now that I think about it maybe it's a cockblock mechanic for speedrunners that tryhard play this game or something???  Please somebody help me to understand why there are two different healing stations.  I'm actually really curious now.

Edited by J-Dawg

5 hours ago, J-Dawg said:

I'll try to make this short and simple.  In this game there are those sticks with orbs on them, and one is a PC box, and the other is a healing station.  There are, however, two healing stations.  One that always is around and can heal, and the other that can only heal once and then forever be useless.  Why is this a thing?  Why can't they all just last forever?  I've played this game for about a year and I only started questioning this once I had my slightly younger brother started playing this game, and once brought to the point where Jan (in-game, I like that touch BTW) explains how the things work regarding these weird-but-helpful things, my brother said "that's dumb" to how one type of healing station only works once.  To me, I realized, it seems like it may be a design choice of an older version of the game where it was to help keep harder areas harder.  But now it feels like it simply is a dumb way to make me go farther to get my heals instead of getting them at a conveniently closer location.  This game is difficult enough for me on the normal difficulty, so why is the inconvenience of being unable to reuse certain healing stations necessary?  Am I right at all in my thoughts or am I just a big dumb dumb that is complaining about something completely intended?  Actually now that I think about it maybe it's a cockblock mechanic for speedrunners that tryhard play this game or something???  Please somebody help me to understand why there are two different healing stations.  I'm actually really curious now.

I understand what you're saying, from a real world perpective it's pretty dumb, but it's mostly for healing you before a big fight, and not just to randomly heal you. They're also there to make you move forward with the story. If you had only the red ones, then you were able to just leave the story, in the most tense situations, and start training your pokemon.

Hope I helped🙂

Edited by The Shady Dealer