In anticipation of E19...

Reconcookiemons

... I played so much Reborn that I burned myself out and got bored of the game. Yes I happen to have that much free time - no mom this time I actually did something about it.

This is what I did about it:

1. mill about the mod community here
2. holy whoopastank you all are super cool I love all of you please don't stop
3. stuff reborn chock full of these things until I'm satisfied
4. mill about other pokemon fan games for a sec'
5. oh Pokemon Sage looks kinda cool
6. oh

1950638886_Screenshot2019-06-1617_52_03.png.741dc80f403665a3ee254452b3f52d78.png

(I should mention that I honestly had nothing to do with this exchange - people like what's being done with Sage, but some people don't like who's doing it, and there's no easy way to see who's all working on it)
Time to overthink about why this person intended to show themselves in that way or if there's anyone in charge of PR over ther-
7. oh Sword/Shield treehouse
8. oh, no national dex?
9. I swear this'll round back to reborn and make a whole lotta sense
10. oh, hey, smogon. What a blast from the past
11. wHaT create-a-pokemon exist?!?!?!11/1/1!!?1
12. oh noodle these are pretty rad

There's a freaking grass/electric deer with galvanize and boomburst.
My friends would rather animated b/w sprites be in reborn than fakemon sprites.
But all the gifs I find are itty-bitty when I put them in the game.
Let's dig in our ankles and think up some way to make this all diegetic (and legal) out of love and spite.

REBORN'S FUCKED Y'ALL
All the shits people have taken in Reborn have taken it's toll on the pokemon: first-stage pre-evos look nasty, but, the more they evolve with you the more they turn back to normal. With the help of a trainer, they can more easily start healing themselves. You, just being you, is more than enough to start that process. The pokemon you're used to seeing are as rare as shinies. Characters who've been in reborn are used to what's going on - this is what Pokemon is to them, so you and your silent-protag-privileges will just have to sit there and question to yourself why some guy just has a blue lillipup and doesn't say anything about it; or why another has a normal-looking garchomp but is a big but wait- why do pokemon that evolve with a held item or some funky move still look weird? And why do my megas go back to having gross colors??? And and and when my shiny charmander that I reset for evolved, it turned normal, but when I gave it a draco plate at level 36, it became dragon/fire skeleton?!? And when I mega evolve it, it turns into a giant flying skeleto1?!/!/asdfasdf?

006s_5.png.a7a9b8103aec4c44b5a9f765334c2109.png

That's right, Pokemon Insurgence takes back the game, because I've stolen some sprites from there too, and the artists may not like me doing that. I think I also took some sprites from Pokemon Desolation as well, not to mention much of the community here (oops). I just couldn't find a way to share my excitement without addressing the elephant in the room. Seriously. I considered making shiny-pixie-absol's sprite 2B from NeiR before stopping myself.

I love everything here, that's why I wanted to put it in the game, and while that's not a good defense in court, it is good enough reason for me to believe you might enjoy what I've done with the game as well.
But only if you've gotten bored of the base game like I have. And so long as you don't try to sell this version of the game to babies for cash.

If it turns out you're not enjoying it as much as you'd hoped, eh, I didn't make this for you, but I certainly can try and help you with any problems you're having in Reborn anyway. If you have any issues with any of this, let me know. I'll do my darnest to try and help you out.

BIG DOWNLOAD LINK #1 - everything

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PmvGE0WW7L0ca4CgOwKaYQlICwuD32I4

BIG DOWNLOAD LINK #2 - just the sprites and graphics

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bPgDTPFGUBNRspgtqx6MaUWrkpwuTC39

Here's a (somewhat) comprehensive list of all the mods and changes I've put in Reborn which made it more enjoyable for me.

Reborn E18.1 by Amethyst & Co.

+ SWM's modular modpack by Waynolt

+ Aironfaar's Mod Box

+ Reborn Battle Music Packby DreamblitzX

+ Alternate Form Pack by BlueTowel

+ Reborn HD Textures by KingCoin

can't find the og thread so HERE: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1it5rrSPVZPFUKaOxueCtolRUUArXzKBj

+ Pyrolusitium Z - Minimalist Rebirth by Pyrolusite

and choice sprites from Pokemon Sage,
(Anonymous, Chonbisky, & Co.)
https://capx.fandom.com/wiki/Demo

and Smogon's CAP Format
(Arkeis, aXl, Cartoons!, CyzirVisheen, DarthVader317, Dracoyoshi8, DougJustDoug, Elagune, Elegy, elementalpenguin, Golurkyourself, HeaLnDeaL, Ice-cold Claws, KoA, Magistrum, Mos-Quixote, noobiess, Poptchi, Quanyails, Reigaheres, Sunfished, Wyverii, Yilx, YourDeadGrandad, and everyone in the Smogon CAP community)

https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

and Pokemon Insurgence,
(thesuzerain, where are the artists listed in the insrugence wiki I'm blind and dumb?)
https://forums.p-insurgence.com/t/patch-pokemon-insurgence-1-2-3/15059

and Pokemon Desolation,
(Akuma-Tsubasa, Arkiel, Bluepisces97, Dypatome, ExElliOdys, Might Guy, Mr-tiaa, Pearl, Saber12, Shia, xXRyuseiNoNekoXx, and Caz)

No one listed above has any voluntary association with the words made by yours truly.

I just wanna gush over how cool these things are, but I'm afraid that'd mostly be considered off-topic, or else has already been better said elsewhere. I was anticipating E19 with a my illegal protean greninja that knows nature power so much, that, at one point I wanted to do a long-form youtube nuzlocke with all this. Then my mom came back in the room and reminded me that I have college and this joke isn't all that that funny anymore. Do college, kids, but, also, don't.

Edited by Reconcookiemons
edit: forgot to mention BlueTowel's Alternate Form Pack
  • Like 1

Hello friend, this looks like you did a lot of work and thanks for posting, but I'm not sure what the contents of this are? Would you happen to know which bits and pieces of each mod are included, what custom pokemons are available from each of the other games, any story changes, how to activate different events, etc.?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, asterlicks said:

Hello friend, this looks like you did a lot of work and thanks for posting, but I'm not sure what the contents of this are? Would you happen to know which bits and pieces of each mod are included, what custom pokemons are available from each of the other games, any story changes, how to activate different events, etc.?

That's a good series of questions! I guess I first tried to tell a story when I posted this, rather than say what it is that I tried to do. I did not make any of this - each of the individual mods are not my own and all I did is put them together in a (mostly) stable form within the game. I don't want to be the kind of lazy bum who tells you to click to the pages for each mod to see what they're about and what they offer, so I'll try my best to save you all those clicks!

Save for Waynolt's and Aironfaar's mod collections and the sprites, everything else is included in their entirety. BlueTowel's Alternate Form Pack works as intended and is up to date - Pyrolusite's UI reworking is already installed (though I preffered their original minimalist pack and included that on its own in the standalone graphics download) - DreamblitzX's battle music pack is put in and the traintertypes.dat that BlueTowel used for their mod overlaps with DreamblitzX's and is installed. The only thing's missing from Waynolt's and Aironfaar's pack are their the set of 'UnrealTimeClock' mods, 'WalkThroughWalls', and Waynolt's 'ChooseStarter', 'FindInPC', 'ItemsBan', 'MouseCursor', 'SetWeather', and 'WildEncounterRates'. If you had wanted any of these, you may have to click through and take it from their threads individually.

As for the sprites, I'll try my best to explain a little more the idea I had about 'pokemon getting better as they evolve with you': because of the ecological damage Reborn has suffered -we can say it's from the contaminated water in Azurine Lake- the pokemon have intrinsically changed. That lillipup I was talking about, it really is blue.

506.png.a0160d9b48564221f7889bbf7a337d0a.png

There's nothing special you have to do to turn it back to normal, just play the game with it. Eventually it'll evolve into...

507.png.db8949f0d7ce14f816cc907a82e42b36.png

Herdier! But, it's still not all okay just yet. But keep on going and eventually...

508.png.04ef843528df68e4e195bd170169cebc.png

That's more like it. Pokemon that evolve through normal leveling turn out like this, where at first they kinda look a little gross and the colors are off (thank you shinies from BOTH Insurgence and Desolation). But over time, just by having a trainer and being taken care of, they slowly turn back to normal. Of course, if you manage to find a shiny lillipup, it'll be one-step closer to looking normal, and a shiny herdier will already be there, and a shiny stoutland won't have any change because it's already okay before.

But not all pokemon evolve normally through leveling up. Haunter has to be traded/have a Link Stone used on it. Doing so, the gengar coming out of it will NOT look like a normal gengar, even if it was previously a shiny. If it was a shiny haunter, or any other pokemon that evolves with a funky move or while holding an item or otherwise through means which you intentionally have it do so, then you may not get what you expected on the other side. If it's something that mega evolves as well, or comes from BlueTowel's mod, then hoh boy, my narrative voice sure does fail at declaring drama.

094s_1.png.67202c46c3949a087087bf6bcb824a77.png160_1.png.f9f7a37516ed5801a40e8df208ade1eb.png321_1.png.5647a65c3598a93b07e1c6734128db1d.png430s.png.475f9c478297b8467eee5537835fcc39.png437.png.e7bb593e133ee0e1aee5ec746e223460.png605s.png.ffcdae7c1a80171fa93f039d94048a44.png623s_1.png.d217cb16dcdd39b326b5f2615c688efb.png

Out of all the pokemon that do not evolve naturally, those that do not evolve at all, as well as those introduced through BlueTowels' mod, and some of those available through mega-evolution, have a new set of sprites somewhere in their evolution line. Even some of the legendaries get this treatment (Rejuvination-Regigigas is its shiny form and is ridiculious). Again, I did not make any of this, and what I did make is inconsequential things like recolor overworld sprites to match their new color, recolor certain 'trainer' sprites, or spruce up Smogon's CAP sprites and Sage's sprites with KingCoin's texture smoothing program. None of this is my original work and I take credit for nothing. You do not need to do anything special to get the different pokemon.: this is an overly elaborate reskin (+optional choice mods), with the intent of spicing up the world of Reborn, and at the end of the day would not exist if not for everyone that worked on all of these other games and all of these individual mods.

edit: forgot to mention I recolored certain 'trainer' sprites as well

37 minutes ago, Reconcookiemons said:

Out of all the pokemon that do not evolve naturally, those that do not evolve at all, as well as those introduced through BlueTowels' mod, and some of those available through mega-evolution, have a new set of sprites somewhere in their evolution line.

I should say, there's just so many of these pokemon, I actually lost count of what was changed. I replaced thousands of sprites - all I can do is refer to my final folder on my local drive or else use common sense to tell you that 'Politoed, because it evolves with a held item AND has to be traded/use a link stone on it, obviously doesn't look like a Politoed'. Oftentimes I replaced those pokemon with sprites from those other games there (I know Rejuvination has new megas, that you can't 'get', but these corresponding pokemon will have those 'mega' sprites if you manage to get a shiny).

The only thing I DIDN'T change were the party icons. That because I did the 'Battlers' folder all the way through first, and did not remember where I got each new sprite from for any given pokemon, that going back and finding the party icon sprites that matched would mean this would not be finished until long after E19 releases. Even then, Rejuvination and Desolation don't have shiny sprites for party icons, so when I tried to do this, I individually recolored each corresponding icon in GIMP, and then stopped halfway through the first gen because I'm not that patient. I'm not good at coding, but if there's some way I can tell a program to execute a task, then open up the next file/image in line and repeat that task, everything here would've been done over a weekend instead of idling over several months.

I don't want to end a message on that note, but I should've elaborated what I wanted to do with this anyway. Ahh, what can I do for all the time I had you sit here and waste, reading my nonsense. Spiky-eared pichu is in the game, but it's just a shiny reskin. No wait, take a look at this Necrozma.

800s.png.21d8468405a5d53e2782c76bee44c6b8.png

That's all thank you for being here.

edit: wait no it literally was a little under 3,000 individual pngs in 'Battlers' that I replaced I need a life