Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Pokemon Reborn Guide Part 1 (Opal/Peridot Wards)

Nickaboo92

Question

Alright, so... I figured I would try to make an all-inclusive guide to Pokemon Reborn if possible, one part at a time (since I haven't seen one yet). This can be a community effort, so if you have any input, let me know and I'll edit it :D hopefully this will help people out in some way. So let's begin...

Pokemon Reborn takes place primarily in Reborn City, which is divided up into Wards. Episode 1 takes place in the Opal Ward and the Peridot Ward, so we will focus on those with this guide.

OPAL WARD

036649f1d6bd6c06bc9c6d197f1732f1.png

Story...

This is where your journey begins. This crazy-looking building behind me works as a Pokemon Center, Pokemart, and Reborn League registration place. Here you will meet Victoria, one of your "rivals" in this game, as well as Amethyst, a character of whom not much is known. Ame will take you upstairs in this building, where you will get to choose one of the three Fakemon starters for the Reborn League...

Nah, I'm just kidding. You get to choose from the 15 starters currently available: From Bulbasaur to Oshawott. Choose wisely!

(NOTE: As of Episode 9, Bulbasaur, Tepig, and Mudkip are all available in the game as event Pokemon. More will be made available in future episodes.)

(ANOTHER NOTE: Pokemon in this game can have their Hidden Abilities, which may change your starter Pokemon choice.)

After choosing your starter, you'll be met by a purple-haired person who calls you cute and challenges you to a battle. Don't let the eyeshadow, nail polish, and fishnets fool you: Cain is a boy. Just a heads up if you think he's pretty, but aren't into guys. Like Victoria, he's a recurring character that becomes another rival-type friend to you. His starter Pokemon is a Nidoran♂ with the moves Leer and Peck. Pwn him with your superior Tackle or Scratch skillz.

hwkLZc6.png

WARNING: is not female.

Immediately afterward, you'll be taken to the healing station, where Ame and Victoria will meet you. Victoria has just chosen her starter Pokemon as well. She will choose Tepig no matter what you choose. Trust me. I just started a new game to check to see if she does even when you choose Tepig. Myth confirmed. Once again, pwn her with your massive skills. Or not. You could lose due to crit hacks. If so, it's okay. It happens to everybody.

gdhjZvS.png

Get used to battling her at inconvenient times.

After these battles, you'll receive your Pokedex, Running Shoes, and Pokeballs. Now, it's time to do what God put you on Earth to do: catch some freaking Pokemon.

AVAILABLE POKEMON-GRASS

019.gif023.gif052.gif167.gif399.gif504.gif568.gif

HEADBUTTABLE TREES

021.gif204.gif415.gif

EVENT POKEMON

129.gif327.gif417.gif439.gif

Magikarp: A man in the Pokemon Center will sell you a Magikarp for Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png4000

Spinda/Pachirisu: Two streeth rats on the Opal Bridge will be tormenting the poor Pokemon (it's either one or the other, not sure what the criteria is for which). If you take care of them in a double battle, the Pokemon will join you.

Mime Jr: Will be strolling around the Opal Bridge on a clear day, not giving a f***. If you sneak up behind it, you will battle it with the chance to catch it. If you don't sneak up on it, it will flee, and you'll have to track the bugger down again.

PERIDOT WARD

1df480b21433991abd4b7b45c7be9cee.png

The Peridot Ward is one of the more industrial Wards in Reborn City, with factories and pollution and stuff.

Story...

After ransacking the plethora of newb trainers, you'll make your way to the Peridot Factory, where some green-haired douche bag will be chilling there, having not gotten the memo as to where he was supposed to meet his friends (they probably told him the wrong place on purpose).

b359e5b974fa5277dd784f862e2ee9ce.png

Located in the top-right corner of the Peridot Ward.

Meet SwagJockey (yes, that's his actual character title) Fern, your third rival. Fern uses Grass Type Pokemon and, despite his big talk, is kind of a pushover.

VpMEzBX.png270.gif495.gif406.gif

Fern's Pokemon consist of Lotad, Snivy, and Budew.

Lotad Level 10: Growl, Absorb, Astonish, ?

Snivy Level 12: Leer, Tackle, Wrap, Vine Whip

Budew Level 13: Growth, Water Sport, Stun Spore, Mega Drain

Best strategy: Hit hard before he can stack Leers/Growths. If you give him the chance to use Growth multiple times and paralyze your Pokemon, you're gonna have a bad time. Hoothoot, Ekans, Trubbish, Zubat, Woobat, Koffing, Magby, Mime Jr, and Ralts are all viable Pokemon for taking him on.

Once you beat Fern, he'll say something douchey Gary Oak style.

Next stop: The Peridot Gym.

1251ea11a4a3fc380a08d7cf1773ecd2.png

It looks like this.

No, you're not ready to fight the gym. Instead, Julia, the Electric-Type Gym Leader, will come out of the front door and tell you to meet her at the actual factory that Fern was too stupid to find.

ab4ac7bf3ab978dfdde01642765905f2.png

This place, but without the destruction and stuff.

Here, you will meet up with Julia, Fern, and Florinia (another green-haired person, bringing the total to 3 for those of you who are counting at home). The three of you will venture into the factory, in which you will face off against Team Meteor, the evil team with a space-related name. You'll battle them in twos with Fern as your partner. So that's a thing. At the end of it all, you'll find yourself facing off against Meteor members Aster and Eclipse. Teen drama-sounding names aside, they could be a potential threat.

368b97956486837f99029142cfd13486.png239.gif240.gif

Teen emo names, "Showing face and ***" pose, they got the works.

Strategy: Take out one Pokemon at a time. Fern will most likely go for the Elekid, so that's probably your best bet. Plus, it will remove the whole "Thunder Wave" threat.

Defeat them and you'll be rewarded with a "Later, loser!" from Fern and a sense of hatred towards him. After this is all said and done, you will be able to challenge Julia, the first gym leader of the Reborn League.

THE PERIDOT GYM

1bfbaaf03370d12fe07c605ea13ef016.png

cvSen1o.png587.gif100.gif100.gif522.gif101.gif170.gif

Julia is a super peppy Electric Gym Leader who runs on coffee and electricity. As with most trainers in Pokemon Reborn, she covers her type disadvantages pretty well.

Emolga Level 13: Quick Attack, Charge Beam, Acrobatics, ?

Voltorb Level 13: Rollout, Sonicboom, Charge Beam, Self-Destruct

Voltorb Level 13: Rollout, Sonicboom, Charge Beam, Self-Destruct

Blitzle Level 15: Charge Beam, Flame Charge, Charge, ?

Electrode Level 16: Rollout, Charge, Charge Beam, Sonicboom

Chinchou Level 15: Confuse Ray, Water Gun, Thunder Wave, Charge Beam

Strategy: If you thought "Oh this should be a breeze, I started with (insert grass Pokemon here)," Make sure you don't send it in during Emolga or Blitzle. A really helpful strategy is to catch yourself a Trubbish, level it up to at least level 7 so it learns Toxic Spikes, then start off the battle laying down two layers of spikes. After that, it's a game of stalling. Whismur, Koffing, and Spinda are decent Pokemon to tank hits, while Uproar hits the enemies pretty hard. Stock up on Potions to counter the Sonicbooms and Paralyze Heals to counter the Thunder Waves. Pokemon should be in the 13-18 level range.

After you defeat her, you'll be awarded with the Volt Badge and the TM for Charge Beam. Since this game uses Gen 5 mechanics, TMs are reusable, so be as liberal as you want with that shiz. On top of that, your Pokemon will now be able to reach level 25 before they start disobeying you like snobby teenagers. After exiting the gym, you'll meet up with Victoria, who says she was going to challenge Julia, but has more pressing matters to attend to in the Obsidia Ward. Which is where you'll head to next.

NOTABLE ITEM/NPC LOCATIONS

• There is a Common Candy just sitting around in the apartment building closest to the Factory where you fight Fern the first time. Common Candies will lower your Pokemon by one level, which is amazing, since level caps can make your life difficult in this game.
  • The Good Rod can be obtained if you look in the houses to the left side of the Lower Peridot Ward, close to the sludgy body of water known as the Azurine Lake. Talk to a man in fisherman's garb and he'll hand it over to you.
  • Right above the Good Rod Location is the Reborn City Name Rater. If you think you totally screwed up in naming your Pokemon, here is the place to change it.

WILD POKEMON

There's plenty of areas to find Pokemon in or near the Peridot Ward- you just need to know where to look. We'll divide it up into locations.

OBTAINABLE POKEMON- SECRET GARDEN

To get to the secret garden, you go to the left of the Lower Peridot Ward (towards Azurine Lake), and you enter inside the apartment building.

5fcde73010a9f3489962700230ff6608.png

This one.

There will be an old man in there, and if you talk to him, he'll essentially tell you that there's no secret garden and that you should piss off. Talk to the lady NPC and she'll tell you about his secret garden. Talk to him again and he'll be like "F*** you know about it." Battle him and his level 10 Cherubi to gain access to the garden.

GRASS

010.gif019.gif163.gif265.gif399.gif (I know I'm missing some, just let me know and I'll add them)

TREES

204.gif519.gif

OBTAINABLE POKEMON- SWIMMING POOL

e8f17e6e27e2bb78a53a8d1b0c97e494.png

To gain access to the swimming pool, enter the building pictured above and battle the fisherman. He has a level 10 Surskitt. Pretty simple stuff.

OLD ROD

456.gif118.gif

GOOD ROD

456.gif457.gif118.gif119.gif

OBTAINABLE POKEMON- ALLEYWAYS

There are alleyways in the Peridot, Obsidia, and Lapis Wards in Reborn City, each containing wild encounters. Here's what you can catch in the Peridot alleys.

109.gif

okay, still a WIP, but feel free to let me know what I'm missing! Still have to finish the Alleys as well as event Pokemon.

Edited by Nickaboo92

Is it a general guide or just a "the essential things to do " guide? I ask this question because while we can read which pokemon Swag Jockey Fern has or Julia we don't know what we are able to use at that point of the game. And well it's funny to discover things by him/herself too. ^^

I'll just add some things you may mention or not, and i'm adding a spoiler for the more hidden things:

Opal Ward

You can find Combee when headbuting trees in the Opal Ward;

Peridot Ward

* A fisher will give you an Old Rod (maybe put it in a useful Items section)

* There are several areas where you can catch wild Pokemon:

- Two alleyways (~lvl 3 to 7 and ~lvl 10 to 15 i think) in which you can catch Trubbish, Medhyena, Purrloin (etc.)... and Koffing in the second alleyway

- A "secret" garden, with a headbuttable tree, with mainly Plant and Insect Pokemon.

- A "secret" pool where you can fish a few Water Pokemon.

- You can go to the upper right to go to the Underground Railnet where you can catch Zubat and Woobat.

* Both Voltorb know Explosion, they tried to blew up my Koffing (at least when i played in episode 8).

General Tips

- Manage your money. Money is not easy to make in the game, until one point where you can easily grind money and healing items, but that strategy is less tedious and more rewardful later.

- Do with what you have, or try to find a Pokemon that can help you for a gym: Reborn is more difficult than the regular games, but there are always several tactics you can set up to win a gym or important battles.

- It's emphasized in the game but yes, if you level your Pokemon past a limit (overleveling) it will start to not listen to you. The limit is set further when you get badges. This is to make the game more challenging.

- Talk to everybody. It gives you tips about the game or some locations/event Pokemon, or it adds up to Reborn atmosphere!

- The weather can trigger event Pokemon. It can give you a decent advantage (or not !) in regular battles too.

- If you wish to " change your weather like a boss ", check Nickaboo's guide on youtube, just copy paste what's in the brackets. =p The crucial information is that the weather resets from one week to the next one in the Opal Ward, so change the weather and run around the Opal Ward, don't stay in say Peridot Ward.

Some "hidden" things

* In the South Peridot Ward a guy asks you if you can give him some spare. Well if you give him money around ten times he'll move and you will be able to enter a house, in which you can get a Ralts!

* On the way to the Underground Railnet, a guy tells you that some Pokemon come in there when it rains. Guess what,you can get a Magby at that place when it rains/there is a thunderstorm. =p

* There is at least one Vitamin in Peridot Ward (i think it's Zinc or Carbos i don't remember), you can sell it if you need money... or if you want to buy Magikarp now.

Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy the game~

Edited by Soysauce

You can get either Pachirisu or Spinda from the street rats, the other one is in a building. Don't remember which, but it's there.

Pachirisu is in a building north of the Mysterious Factory. Spinda is the one attacked by street rats.

Pachirisu is in a building north of the Mysterious Factory. Spinda is the one attacked by street rats.

it's either, I got pachirisu from the bullies and spinda when it was going crazy in the building.

Thank you soooo much for this. I was wondering when someone would actually do a walkthrough like this, it's very helpful.

To be honest, I really hated seeing threads asking where to find X pokemon and someone replying "Lol, just keep searching and you'll find it somewhere!11!"

In the garden in the Peridot Ward, Cherubi and Ledyba also an available pokemon (at least in the morning). Due to the presence of Ledyba, I'm going to assume that Spinarak is also available there at night. Speaking of which, you should add exactly when in the day these pokemon are available to catch in each area.

In the Alleyways, I know that Trubbish and Stunky are also catchable.

Yo, female Combee is the most elusive thing in the world. I've been searching for the past 3 hours and nothing! Any tips? Or just keep at it?

It's supposed to be a 12.5% chance for a female combee. Add in the fact that the encounter rate of Combee is something like 5%, not finding one in 3 hours isn't surprising. Only thing you can do really is to keep looking...

You just could leave male Combee with Ditto and start chain hatching eggs until you got that female one. On a side note, I headbutted one tree next to grand hall for 10 minutes and 1st combee was female (sorry didn't mean to rub it, but that's how luck is sometimes, also found shiny Pineco before that). I actually was thinking to do ditto+male combee for completionist sakes to have all the pokémons but apparently I don't have to.

Actually what I would like to know is, why I still don't have a sight of Mime Jr. although been looking Opal Bridge every day for a couple of weeks...

Edited by Chrattac

Actually what I would like to know is, why I still don't have a sight of Mime Jr. although been looking Opal Bridge every day for a couple of weeks...

It needs to be daytime (12pm-8pm), and I'm pretty sure it only appears on certain days of the week - weekends I think it was :S.

Edited by Khayoz