Eevee with transform

Under what circumstances would an Eevee with transform be useful do people reading this think? Just beat the Kimono Girls and I got the Eevee and I'm trying to figure out how useful the move could be.

54 minutes ago, Myrrh said:

If you plan to use Vaporeon, then it would be pretty useful.  You can use it to transform into Dimensional Rift Pokemon with a base 130 HP stat.

It would be very funny if you just transformed into the normal version of the Rift pokémon since there're no back sprites for the Rifts (?)

37 minutes ago, kithas said:

It would be very funny if you just transformed into the normal version of the Rift pokémon since there're no back sprites for the Rifts (?)

You get the backsprite of the normal Pokemon, but you retain the stats, typing, and ability of the Rift form.  You can test this by fighting Dimensional Rift Gardevoir and seeing Secret Sword do neutral damage to your transformed one.

Edited by Myrrh
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

I'm confused, why a Vaporeon specifically?

Because it's got the highest base HP of the Eeveelutions, capping at either 444 or 454, depending on whether the Eevee has 10 or 20 IVs across the board.

Edit: I forgot about the level cap being at 85 when I posted this. It's HP stat can still be very high.

Edited by Reginald Sanshire