Revamping my team, looking for recommendations

SilentEevee

So, I just beat Hardy with a main squad consisting of an Infernape, Azumarill, Hydreigon, Decidueye, Magnezone and Mamoswine. However, I'm not all too pleased with the performance of some of my mons (specifically, Decidueye and Hydreigon; especially Hydreigon), and am looking to replace them. I'm pretty content with the rest of them, though. (Especially Azumarill, this thing is just incredible! Well worth the wait!)

As of right now, these are their current roles:

Infernape, Azumarill, Mamoswine, Decidueye, Hydreigon: All out attackers

Magnezone: Field setter, status setter.

I've been thinking about diversifying into a different dark type special attacker of a sort, since my team is overly reliant on physical attacks atm. Any thoughts, or mons you might recommend?

Thanks in advance!

It's kinda wierd. My Hydreigon is a beast, though mine has perfect IVs. You should check his IVs. Your best option for a dark type pokemon after Hydreigon is prolly Zoroark. , though I would recommend you to get a pokemon from another type. Maybe you could get Mega Gardovier and a Roserade (for Decidueye). I use them both, very recommended. I can give you a perfect Ralts, Roselia or anything else you need, just hit me up (btw I don't need anything back).

5 hours ago, SilentEevee said:

So, I just beat Hardy with a main squad consisting of an Infernape, Azumarill, Hydreigon, Decidueye, Magnezone and Mamoswine. However, I'm not all too pleased with the performance of some of my mons (specifically, Decidueye and Hydreigon; especially Hydreigon), and am looking to replace them. I'm pretty content with the rest of them, though. (Especially Azumarill, this thing is just incredible! Well worth the wait!)

I've been thinking about diversifying into a different dark type special attacker of a sort, since my team is overly reliant on physical attacks atm. Any thoughts, or mons you might recommend?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SilentEevee said:

Thanks in advance!

Well, I usually don't know why people would want Ghost AND Dark type coverage because they cover exactly the same. Ghost and Psychic.

And if you want a special attacker i would recommend you Gengar.

It's a Ghost type special attacker, it's fast and powerfull, gives you a new typing in poison and even gives you a potential mega.

That leaves 1 spot open for you. Maybe something that can take advantage out of the field Your magnezone is setting? Maybe Alolan-Raichu is a good choice? It gives you another new typing in Psychic, set up with nasty plot and a great Z-move user.

Edit: I think Gengar is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT for your team (it also gets energy ball for the ground types).

But raichu gives you a third weakness to ground types, a very strong type attacking wise so i suggest you'd pick something else for that.

Considering you're THAT weak to ground types, i'd suggest you'd pick a ground immunity. Like a Flying type or a Levitating mon.

I'd suggest a Dragon type considering 2 of your pokemon are weak to fire, grass and water. Which neglates those as well.

So you should be thinking about a Flygon or a Noivern (or Hydreigon but that's a dark type as well and you're net very happy about that beast appearently 😛 ). Flygon has OK stats and gets dragon dance for a good sweep. Noivern is just Super fast, has OK attacking coverage but a great Z-move user. But then again so is Flygon.

So I'd suggest

Gengar and Flygon/Noivern to replace decidueye and hydreigon.

how would you Like a protean greninja if you are really looking for a dark type but I don't think TM- Dark pulse is there. You can either ask someone to give you a greninja with that moveset or you culd play with a nasty plotter zoroark. but I would recommend you go with your dark dragon, did you ev train your mon? cause once its ev trained with a timid or modest version it is a beast!

22 hours ago, Eigengrau said:

how would you Like a protean greninja if you are really looking for a dark type but I don't think TM- Dark pulse is there. You can either ask someone to give you a greninja with that moveset or you culd play with a nasty plotter zoroark. but I would recommend you go with your dark dragon, did you ev train your mon? cause once its ev trained with a timid or modest version it is a beast!

I did EV train it in sp.attack and speed, but idk it was still kinda underwhelming. Thanks for the offer, though; I already took @N1Dude's advice and got myself a Gastly and a Noibat to train up. That said, I'll keep your recommendations in mind if I'm still having trouble.

16 hours ago, SilentEevee said:

I did EV train it in sp.attack and speed, but idk it was still kinda underwhelming. Thanks for the offer, though; I already took @N1Dude's advice and got myself a Gastly and a Noibat to train up. That said, I'll keep your recommendations in mind if I'm still having trouble.

Don't forget that Sludge Bomb isn't available yet,

I'm currently running Life Orb Gengar with

Shadow Ball

Focus Blast

Dazzling gleam

Venoshock

But you should probably run energy ball over focus blast considering you have enough fighting coverage.

You could also teach it Thunderbolt over dazzling gleam to take advantage of the terrain you're setting with magnezone, considering you have fairy coverage with azumarill.

Find out for yourself what's working for you.