Charizard Move Advice

Malfeasance

I’m planning on using a Charizard X in my next play through of Reborn. What moveset would be optimal with what reborn gives us to work with? Also no breeding because I want to use my starter.

The main reason I made this thread is that Dragon dance is off the table

No breeding moves on Charizard.. that’s an oh boi considering Belly drum, Beat Up (Yes I use beat up), Crunch, and others are gonseys

Also accounting that you’ll have your Charizard X around facing Saphira/Hardy (Them last two gym leaders before everything else like amaria, terra, and others)

Considering charizards movepool, I’d suggest mix-Charizard with work up throughout the game and try to build a team that effectively operates with charizard.

There’s still supportive options for Charizard with access to tailwind/Fire Spin trapping (encourage to use them in a pickle) and keep changing variety of moves. 

(Since you can reuse Tms, you can creative with your movepool whether you want to say.. confide powerful spe.atks or set up sunny day)

Dragon/Fire move is a must with boosted stab + Tough claws and ye  and whatever else benefits you cause your gonna need to switch strategy throughout the course of the game if your willing to use charizard.

good luck charizard lover

39 minutes ago, Anti-loser said:

No breeding moves on Charizard.. that’s an oh boi considering Belly drum, Beat Up (Yes I use beat up), Crunch, and others are gonseys

Also accounting that you’ll have your Charizard X around facing Saphira/Hardy (Them last two gym leaders before everything else like amaria, terra, and others)

Considering charizards movepool, I’d suggest mix-Charizard with work up throughout the game and try to build a team that effectively operates with charizard.

There’s still supportive options for Charizard with access to tailwind/Fire Spin trapping (encourage to use them in a pickle) and keep changing variety of moves. 

(Since you can reuse Tms, you can creative with your movepool whether you want to say.. confide powerful spe.atks or set up sunny day)

Dragon/Fire move is a must with boosted stab + Tough claws and ye  and whatever else benefits you cause your gonna need to switch strategy throughout the course of the game if your willing to use charizard.

good luck charizard lover

Hey megazard X at least isn’t 4 times weak to rock. And it’s only neutral for amaria. So I still have some semblance of a chance with it being good.

I think I plan to make it a solar power killer for the first part of the game until Megazard X.

You do realise Reborn gym leaders have their particular field (Looking at Serra’s mirror field for busted)

Which leads to weakness + rock slide + stab + field + Hardy’s double battle = ded lizard (Not like you used charizard in that fight but don’t underestimate your opponent mons even with Mega Charizard) 

Also it’s megastone is only obtainable around Agate City - Charlotte’s secret base (Idk but somewhere not behind amaria)

If solar power you plan, remember to join team magma for sunny day tm for early game(Not necessarily as you’ll obtain sunny day tm as late as the 11th gym leader)

Though you’ll be fine if you can effectively team build and prepare properly for these gym/event challenges #Dragonragebois

Suggestions for possible mons to synergies alongside charizard - Victreebel line , Early game Castform, Heliotisk line, and some coverage/ good mons 

then ya set 👊

Edited by Anti-loser

why dont you get a charizard with bred move dragon dance? I feel it is a waste of time and mon for ya if you dont have it, I will always be glad to give you one with those moves 🙂 

9 hours ago, Eigengrau said:

why dont you get a charizard with bred move dragon dance? I feel it is a waste of time and mon for ya if you dont have it, I will always be glad to give you one with those moves 🙂 

It’s the starter Pokémon it feels wrong to throw it away. I play through the entire game with my starter and get attached to it. My starter is my ace my own signature Pokémon. For me my starter is the first Pokémon I get and the Pokémon I bring to the end.

So breeding is off the table starter love is unbreakable.

5 hours ago, Malfeasance said:

It’s the starter Pokémon it feels wrong to throw it away. I play through the entire game with my starter and get attached to it. My starter is my ace my own signature Pokémon. For me my starter is the first Pokémon I get and the Pokémon I bring to the end.

So breeding is off the table starter love is unbreakable.

That's cute

Just make it Roost-3 attacks.

Dragon claw/Outrage

Flare blitz

Thunder Punch/Steel wing/Iron tail/Earthquake, something that helps the coverage and gets boosted by tough claws (besides EQ ofcourse).

Roost

(Or even Return, max hapiness is 102 BP return, with Tough claws makes it a 130 BP move with 130 Base attack stat, not bad)

If you are an in-game healer potions type of guy you could switch up roost for Swords Dance later on when it gets available.

Or you can do it with work up ofcourse.

Make sure your Charizard is a speed boosting nature while lowering one of the defences. Your normal charizard is mostly going 2 be a special attacker. Only until you get the Charizardite X he/she will become a physical attacker. So make it Hasty or Naive.

At least that's what i would do.