Please can someone rate my team...?

Momoshi

So... I started a new game recently and I don´t know if my team is good enough... ;-; I just beated Florinia!

> Nani?! (Noibat) lvl 25

Nature: Modest

Ability: Infiltrator (May plan to change later)

Moves: Screech (Don´t ask me why ;-;), Supersonic, Bite and Air Cutter.

> Opal (Shiny Persian *-*) lvl 30

Nature: Naughty

Ability: Technician (It´s really helping me for now).

Moves: Taunt, Fury Swipes (I like to test my luck), Bite and Fake Out. 

*I really love him :v

> Kittle (Meowstic) Lvl 25

Nature: Quirky

Ability: Keen Eye

Moves: Psybeam, Psyshock, Disarming Voice (To deal with dark types) and Fake Out.

> Umi (Primarina) Lvl 34

Nature: Timid

Ability: Liquid Voice (Should I change it?)

Moves: Icy Wind, Sparkling Aria, Baby-Doll Eyes and Disarming Voice (Hit both foes in doble battles :/).

> Weeaboo (Ariados... Please don´t laugh! I had one in my last team so it has a sentimental value to me T-T) Lvl 25

Nature: Brave

Ability: Sniper

Moves: Poison Sting, Fury Swipes, Swords Dance and Night Shade (Going to change)

> Shimmer (Munna) Lvl 26

Nature: Serious

Ability: Telepathy

Moves: Moonlight, Yawn, Psybeam and Headbutt (Just because it may flinch).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just to make clear that I never tried to make a good team, my last one was a disaster and made me suffer a lot ;-;

I´m trying my best now and I know that I might have to leave some of my dear pokemon behind ( bye bye Weeaboo T wT) but I really want to try something different, I want to have fun and stuff since my last playthrough was kinda stressful to me (I never finished it :/) and I don´t want it to happen again! 

Also I´m sorry if my english is bad! It isn´t my first language @ w@

I saw your pfp and was like, "yeah this person has taste"

and then I saw primarina, and I was like, "yep I was right"

but then I didn't find buneary/lopunny in the list and I was like, "how"

anyway, I think you can get rid of one of the two psychic types, me thinks meowstic is a better mon especially if it is male and therefore can get prankster ability.

I think it's still early game so you can keep your weeaboo. maybe add a fire type to the team? I think a houndour/houndoom would be a good fit 🙂

• Thanks 1

Who would ever diss ya boi ariados, he got poison threads. Weeboo is your saviour, ta Spider-Man.

Though honestly there shouldn’t be anything to worry about... for now. I regularly change my team every gym/checkpoint to adapt for the upcoming challenges and experiment with the field. 

Noibat wouldn’t be the best of choices throughout early game with weaker base stats than a flipping Goomy. Even with it’s movepool, best to leave it at the daycare to gain a bunch of levels, common candy if necessary then evolve to a noivern (Not many noticeable chances for flying to make an impact around it’s level)

- Defensive/Stage 1 mons / Poison mon (Drapion/Dodrio) would probably be as beneficial or the mystery egg if haven’t gotten that yet at your stage

Good luck 

Spoiler

This is the moment I get banned for font, probably didn’t read the rules correctly... I got experimental... too experimental 

Edited by Anti-loser
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Candy said:

I saw your pfp and was like, "yeah this person has taste"

and then I saw primarina, and I was like, "yep I was right"

but then I didn't find buneary/lopunny in the list and I was like, "how"

anyway, I think you can get rid of one of the two psychic types, me thinks meowstic is a better mon especially if it is male and therefore can get prankster ability.

I think it's still early game so you can keep your weeaboo. maybe add a fire type to the team? I think a houndour/houndoom would be a good fit 🙂

I´m currently trying to find a buneary ; w; 

Maybe I will try to ask my cousin to trade my shiny lopunny (But he´s level is too high ;-;) that I had in my old save file with me * w* Don´t worry! I will get one :v

38 minutes ago, Anti-loser said:

Who would ever diss ya boi ariados, he got poison threads. Weeboo is your saviour, ta Spider-Man.

Though honestly there shouldn’t be anything to worry about... for now. I regularly change my team every gym/checkpoint to adapt for the upcoming challenges and experiment with the field. 

Noibat wouldn’t be the best of choices throughout early game with weak base stats than a flipping Goomy. Even with it move pool, best to leave it at the daycare to gain a bunch of levels, common candy if necessary then evolve to a noivern (Not many noticeable chances for flying to make an impact around it’s level)

- Defensive/Stage 1 mons / Poison mon (Drapion/Dodrio) would probably be as beneficial or the mystery egg if haven’t gotten that yet at your stage

Good luck 

Reveal hidden contents

This is the moment I get banned for font, probably didn’t read the rules correctly... I got experimental... too experimental 

Actually I find trying to level up this noibat very funny! I did it once back then and I never felt so happy on seeing a pokemon evolve! I was going to battle against the Ice type gym so the battle was very intense! I wanna know if I can do this again... Yeah I will suffer a little ;-;

Thanks for the help! I will try my best (and yeah I know how noibat is terrible ;-;)

56 minutes ago, Momoshi said:

Actually I find trying to level up this noibat very funny! I did it once back then and I never felt so happy on seeing a pokemon evolve! I was going to battle against the Ice type gym so the battle was very intense! I wanna know if I can do this again... Yeah I will suffer a little ;-;

Thanks for the help! I will try my best (and yeah I know how noibat is terrible ;-;)

If I were you, I'd backtrack and grab a burmy. Once that thing evolves into mothim you will get early quiver dance, which is the main reason I beat the next gym leader.

• Thanks 1

I think you have a decently rounded team. I would replace the munna and ariados with other mons like budew, joltik, or litleo. With where you are right now, you can get two eggs that have good chances of getting decent or strong mons like bronzor, frillish, ducklet, or cacnea. A bit later, you can breed a certain mon to also roll your luck with an egg that can hatch up to 18 different mons, most of which are very strong. But the one of the best parts of this game is that it teaches you to not limit your party to only 6 members, you can use any mon you like and just switch it out with a more suitable member for a certain gym or event then just switch it back.

Edited by DefendMyBase
  • Thanks 1

Going with what other people have said, in my view it's better to replace the Noibat with something else because it takes so long to evolve and its moves and stats aren't that great. You also don't need Munna if you have Meowstic - speaking of which, I would recommend seeing if you can get a different Ability for it. The male ones can get Prankster and the female ones can get Competitive, which should be much more helpful than Keen Eye. I would also change Primarina's Ability b/c at the minute Liquid Voice makes Disarming Voice a Water type move, and you already have Sparkling Aria. Torrent should mean that you still have that Fairy type coverage.

Some useful Pokemon that you can pick up at this point include:

- Lillipup which can be evolved into Herdier, and if you delay the evolution by 2 levels the thing can learn Crunch. The Lillipup comes with one of the elemental fangs so you can get some additional coverage, and learns Work Up so you can set up. It evolves into Stoutland at Level 32, and has 85/90/90 bulk when it does, which isn't bad at all in that point in the game. The Ghost immunity/Crunch can help with Shade too

- Electrike can be found if you battle the Mightyena pair in an alleyway in Obsidia. It evolves into Manectric at Level 26, and is pretty powerful and speedy for that level. You can teach it Charge Beam from Julia's Gym which'll hit v hard from Base 105 SpA, and it also comes with one of the Elemental Fangs. Corey and Shelly use some Flying and Water Pokemon and Taka has the Chatot from hell, so it could prove pretty useful there 🙂

But honestly, any team that can get you through the Gyms and bosses is good enough for a casual playthough. If you want to use the Ariados and Munna for example, and you can make it work, then go for it! 

Edited by Iola
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Momoshi said:

So... I captured a Lillipup, a lotad, a Litleo and a Blitzle... Wich one do you guys think that I should put on my team? 

I would say all but blitzle would be a good addition. Even though it is ok to have a repeated type on your team, since lombre takes a bit to get advantageous moves, I would just stick with primarina. Litleo/Pyroar can be very useful until you find better fire types and an intimidater like stoutland is always good. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...