Rejuvenation team balancing

kithas

So I'm up to date with Rejuvenation v11, but facing the idea of going to a new episode, I've been thinking of improving my team, even through it has taken me to where I am with frankly not a lot of rotations.

What I have now is this:

Spoiler

Shiny Day Licanroc  (Steadfast) @ Hard Stone,  EV trained to Atk and Spd, Rock Slide, Rock Climb, Accelerock and Stealth Rock. A fast attacker and rock setup, its reliable and I don't plan on changing him

Shiny Medicham (Pure Power) @ Wide Lens, EV trained to Atk and Spd, High Jump Kick, Psycho Cut, Thunder Punch, and Poison Jab. She could be my ace, as I get to sweep with High Jump and use the rest for coverage. I'll use her as a Mega when I can, so it's safe to say she's also a fixed spot

Shiny Vikavolt (Levitate) @ Quick Claw, EV trained to Sp. Atk and Spd, and Thunderbolt, Bug Buzz, Energy Ball and Dig. It's basically the Special cannon who's a little slow but powerful and able to deal with Water-types or Ground-types

Delphox (Magician) @ Charcoal, EV trained to Sp. Atk and Spd, with Psychic, Mystical Fire, Magma Drift and Wish. It's my starter, and a pretty good fire user with also Wish for a little recovering.

Those four are relatively fixed, they've been with me a long time and I know how I can use them around. Now, the troubles are with the other two spots on the team:

Now I'm using a Shiftry (Feint Attack, Aerial Ace, Leaf Blade, Nature Power) and a Frosslass (Frost Breath, Ominous Wind, Blizzard and Shadow Ball), rotating with a Golurk with a build with Dynamic Punch and EQ, but I've thought that my team is very offensive and that I would need some walling/stalling presence:

The potential candidates would be:

- Dual Screens or Cosmic Power Clefable (Typing, Ability, recovering option on softboiled and lore as I want to keep a magical theme)

- Eviolite! Dusclops or Dusknoir for Will o'wisp, Pain Spilt and PP Stalling (they look like a solid option and PP-stalling could work, maybe?)

- Walling Cofagrigus, with Mummy but a symilar strategy to Duscops-Dusknoir before, or Spiritomb with a similar idea (I'm not sure since I've got no idea if Spiritomb is available for now or its quest is still bugged  I just caught Spiritomb so it's in again (?))

- Something like Jellicent to also cover the Water typing, or Mandibuzz (I always forget to take a flying mon to move around)

So, yes, I'm a little lost here, so I would be grateful to any help I could get.

Edited by kithas

I know it's not a potential candidate but what about Toxapex (if it's even in Rejuv?). Personnally I'm not competitive so I don't really know how you'd run it, but I'd say it's the Water-type you need, it's bulky and it could even be useful against Fairy types.

Yep, I've thought of Toxapex, but I think it's not in the game yet (probably in EP12 will be, with Dive and all). There're also the other two bulky regenerators, Tangrowth and Reunicus, but I think I have too many Psychic Types and they don't fit at all into the themes. Thanks 😁

(And thanks to the moderator who took the thread to the right place, I'm sorry haha)

Someone with Toxic and/or Toxic Spikes can be very useful to whittle down tough customers.

Dragalge is fairly bulky and packs a punch, and so does Drapion, but you're probably better off with a grass/poison to avoid getting swept by ground types (Venosaur, perhaps Amoonguss).

Actually, it's a good idea to prepare someone able to Mega evolve since sooner or later we'll get the Mega Ring (Edit: oops, forgot about Mega-Medicham).

Ultimately, I find useful to have at least a Pokemon able to set up and sweep (anything with Shell Smash, Dragon Dance, Quiver Dance, Shift Gear and the like).

As for your candidates, Jellicent is pretty good, and there are crests for both Cofagrigus and Dusknoir. Clefable with Cosmic power and Stored Power can be a sweeper in its own right, as long as you manage to avoid critical hits.

Edited by Kite Silvers
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, kithas said:

Yep, I've thought of Toxapex, but I think it's not in the game yet (probably in EP12 will be, with Dive and all). There're also the other two bulky regenerators, Tangrowth and Reunicus, but I think I have too many Psychic Types and they don't fit at all into the themes. Thanks 😁

(And thanks to the moderator who took the thread to the right place, I'm sorry haha)

aclually, no, you can get Toxapex via Mystery Egg...... good luck getting one though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kite Silvers said:

Someone with Toxic and/or Toxic Spikes can be very useful to whittle down tough customers.

Dragalge is fairly bulky and packs a punch, and so does Drapion, but you're probably better off with a grass/poison to avoid getting swept by ground types (Venosaur, perhaps Amoonguss).

Actually, it's a good idea to prepare someone able to Mega evolve since sooner or later we'll get the Mega Ring (Edit: oops, forgot about Mega-Medicham).

Ultimately, I find useful to have at least a Pokemon able to set up and sweep (anything with Shell Smash, Dragon Dance, Quiver Dance, Shift Gear and the like).

As for your candidates, Jellicent is pretty good, and there are crests for both Cofagrigus and Dusknoir. Clefable with Cosmic power and Stored Power can be a sweeper in its own right, as long as you manage to avoid critical hits.

So, I recently dough certain Poison-type trainer at the end of one of Gearen's sidequests and it solidified my thoughts about the need of a bulky/tanky mon hahah

Dragalge doesn't looks too bad, because of Dragon-type resistances, and for the ghosts, I definetly forgot about the crests XD I should give it more thought. I also like Cosmic Power Clefable. 

For Toxapex, I know it's available through mystery egg, but as I didn't get it myself I didn't want to depend on it. Thanks! 

I fear Magnezone's speed and typing would make it extremely weak to EQ, and while I do like mamoswine a lot, I would like to try using other pokémon first by not repeating team compositions with Reborn.

I think I will end up using Clefable because typing, stats and Ability and maybe Spiritomb for the other slot, but I'm still wondering about the shielding functions the Dual Screens could do to my team.