need tip's for Charizard

gilam

mega charizard X is available extremely late game if I remember correctly. You probably want modest or timid nature since normal Charizard has a better spA stat. Blaze is probably better than solar power but if you want to do a sunlight themed run I guess you for solar power. Moveset is probably like air slash, flamethrower, dragon pulse, and roost or something. I think dragon pulse is only available after restoration

Yeah, my charizard right now has air slash, heatwave(did wonders when fighting cain and shelly in the last ep ), dragon pulse and roost (will become solarbeam when Y is available). The ability dosen't really matter since you will want Y for this moveset, but blaze comes in handy a lot more. I prefer timid over modest soo yeah that's how i run this bad boy.

• Veterans

If you want to use Charizard, you have 2 options currently; Wait for Zardite X and go for a powerful Dragon Dance sweeper or my preferred option, Solar Power Sun. It requires a Sun Setter like a Prankster Meowstic or Drought Ninetales but honestly believe me when S say Solar Power Charizard with Sun up obliterates almost anything in it's path. It was the ace of my playthrough, culminating in it's complete sweep of Amaria. My set was Air Slash/Solar Beam/Heat Wave/Flamethrower or Sunny Day.

If you aren't utilizing Sun, you might as well go with any other sweeping Fire starter, as they'll all outperform regular Charizard as a sweeper quite handily (Infernape and Blaziken because of their speed, boosting moves and Fighting STAB, and Typhlosion because of Eruption). This changes with Mega Evolution, but by the time you get the Charizardite X you can catch Charmander normally. Pair Charizard with a sun setter (Ninetales, Meowstic, Bronzong) and run Air Slash, Heat Wave, Solarbeam and a fourth move of your choice (Sunny Day, Dragon Pulse, Focus Blast, and Flamethrower are probably the best options).

I would prefer a hard hitting dragon dancer but man lemme tell ya go for solar power one which i have grown fond off lately my set is - solar bead, flame thrower, roost and air slash. its an absolute wrecker! try getting a sunny day before 🙂