is pachirisu worth for the long while?

TotallyNotLuck

While I never used it on my one playthrough of Reborn, it's still pulling it's weight about halfway(???) through Rejuvenation Intense mode (V10) where the levels are in the 70's-80's.  It's a pretty nifty utility mon even in singles and Super Fang lets it hit above it's weight class sometimes.

48 minutes ago, seki108 said:

While I never used it on my one playthrough of Reborn, it's still pulling it's weight about halfway(???) through Rejuvenation Intense mode (V10) where the levels are in the 70's-80's.  It's a pretty nifty utility mon even in singles and Super Fang lets it hit above it's weight class sometimes.

I get that, but how do it's type matchups work up? It probably does quite a bit to Corey and Shelly, but after that? I'm asking because if I want to train up a better Electric mon, nows a good time as any, what with how easy Corey should be.

1 hour ago, TotallyNotLuck said:

I get that, but how do it's type matchups work up? It probably does quite a bit to Corey and Shelly, but after that? I'm asking because if I want to train up a better Electric mon, nows a good time as any, what with how easy Corey should be.

Depends on which Corey you fight.  His harder fight can be quite hellish for some teams.

I don't know what's changed teamwise since I played through the game in V16, but Rejuv 9/10 had Gen 7 so it should be comparable.  If you want an electric mon that actually hits things hard/decent, then train something else.  Pachirsu was stellar on mostly pure support duty as long as you keep it way from hard hitting Ground types, but isn't a damage dealer outside of Super Fang or something 4X weak to electric.  Personally, Zebrastrika was good early game, though something from Gen 7 might be better.

Short answer: no

Long Answer: its a great pokemon early, has phenomenal special defence for the earlygame and volt absorb for an electric immunity, single handedly trivializes julia. the problem is later it wont do much outside of nuzzle and super fang. paralysis utility is nice but you can get that from a plethora of other pokemon too. as soon as you get out of the railnet you can catch Togedemaru who has respectable stats, good typing. and a great level up set including nuzzle. other than that there's a Joltik event in the city i believe (not sure if theres a cutoff for that) and something like Ampharos can hit stupid hard but may end up a tad too slow later.